Michael Fassbender Says ‘Alien: Covenant’ Is “Much Scarier” Than ‘Prometheus’

Started by T Dog, Jul 25, 2016, 04:58:55 PM

Author
Michael Fassbender Says ‘Alien: Covenant’ Is “Much Scarier” Than ‘Prometheus’ (Read 24,468 times)

T Dog

T Dog

http://collider.com/michael-fassbender-alien-covenant-prometheus/

"This Alien is going to be... I'm very excited to see it and everybody in the film was saying this is a film that we all want to see. It's much scarier than Prometheus but it's got the same sort of scope of Prometheus. It's kind of got more of the sort of thriller, imminent disaster feel that Alien had, so it's kind of a beautiful meeting of both of those films. I'm really excited to see it, I think it's gonna be super scary number one and then again with the massive scope of Prometheus... Once it starts and the ball starts rolling, it doesn't let up. It's really gonna bring chills to the cinema."

Necronomicon II

Music to my ears! It's sounding more and more what Prometheus should have been every time lol

Pvt. Himmel

SuicideDoors

Jesus it seems like they're actually bringing it home for fans. It sounds like a prequel to Alien. And that carries a lot of expectation and excitement. They're aware Prometheus didn't work, but it wasn't without merit. This might be the film which puts Alien atop of the pantheon again

BishopShouldGo

The thing most fans should be excited for, is the synchronization between the scariness of Alien and the scope of Prometheus. Not just that it'll be scary. It's one thing to have one or the other, but when you get something massive and frightening, that's a gift and it should be celebrated. It's a gift that only the likes of Ridley Scott could bring to us. Even when Guillermo Del Toro had the backing of Tom Cruise and James Cameron, he couldn't get At the Mountains of Madness off the ground.

Scary? Check.
Epic scope? Check.
Cerebral? Check, per Ridley Scott.

All three of these elements working in congruity. Wow. Strap in, folks.

Stolen

Stolen

HYPE HYPE HYPE !

We still don't know the budget.
But Covenant will surely be the most expensive horror film ever made!

;D

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jul 25, 2016, 05:31:28 PM
Scary? Check.
Epic scope? Check.

If can pull off a big scope and still maintain some horror, I'm all aboard. I'm really intrigued to see that play out actually!

Thanks for the link, tmjhur. Was out when Collider posted this.

BishopShouldGo

Yeah definitely. They're not mutually exclusive at all. We just rarely see it because horror movies are never really at that level. But even then, it's the non-horror scenes that might provide the scope, or at least some of it.

Nostromo

Perfect! Exactly how Alien movies should be, none of that AVP crap. Although, they should make an Aliens 5 at some point before that cast gets older and older...or maybe not...

Perfect-Organism

The level of my excitement is off the charts.  I can see why they wouldn't do anything Covenant related at SDCC.  Why get in a situation where you fight with Aliens or Blomkamp's film.  The Powers That Be smartly are keeping these as two separate projects.

XenoHunter99

He said what he had to say to sell the movie. What else would he say? "The movie is not very scary. It's a lot like Prometheus." ::)

lelder shadow warrior

hi dave i have foto of (weyland-yutani corp)buidins bettter worlds (W) one foto

T Dog

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 25, 2016, 06:14:01 PM
Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jul 25, 2016, 05:31:28 PM
Scary? Check.
Epic scope? Check.

If can pull off a big scope and still maintain some horror, I'm all aboard. I'm really intrigued to see that play out actually!

Thanks for the link, tmjhur. Was out when Collider posted this.
No worries Hicks. By the way is there any way for users to change their names? I'm a bit sick of mine.

Corporal Hicks

Just double check you've got the correct email address on your profile and send me an PM with your new number.

Quote from: lelder shadow warrior on Jul 25, 2016, 06:50:17 PM
hi dave i have foto of (weyland-yutani corp)buidins bettter worlds (W) one foto

Howdy. What do you mean?

DaddyYautja

the only scary thing about Prom was how scary stupid it was.

So it sounds like they are making the same movie but in a different location?

This is the reason why Aliens rock, it was a completely different scope that brought in a totally different feel.

People screwing around in an unknown place is not fun if they keep doing it again and again.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed