The Ampules Return for Alien: Covenant

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 22, 2016, 09:48:58 AM

Author
The Ampules Return for Alien: Covenant (Read 20,460 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The ampules return for Alien: Covenant! Amazon has just released a short introduction presented by Sir Ridley Scott for Season 2 of The Man in the High Castle. Shot on location at Fox Studios in Sydney, we see Scott sat in front of a wall of ampules, wearing his Covenant crew jacket.

The ampules return for Alien: Covenant. Sir Ridley Scott recorded an introduction for season 2 of The Man in the High Castle on the set of Alien: Covenant.

The ampules return for Alien: Covenant. Sir Ridley Scott recorded an introduction for season 2 of The Man in the High Castle on the set of Alien: Covenant.

The ampules contained the black goo (also known as accelerant or Chemical A0-3959X.91 – 15) that brought about the various mutations in Prometheus. It would like they’re set to make a return in the sequel.

Thanks to Stolen for the news.

Stolen

Symbol of Prometheus mythology. I'm very glad to see this in Covenant.

szkoki

BC the ampules are more creepy than the eggs.

whiterabbit

Is he sitting in a engineers living room?

Xenomorphine

The look of that room seems intriguingly like a certain piece of Ron Cobb concept art...

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 22, 2016, 10:37:15 AM
The look of that room seems intriguingly like a certain piece of Ron Cobb concept art...

You aren't wrong.

windebieste

Ah!  The 'Prometheus' yogurt makers are returning.  Excellent! 

Also, 'The Man in the High Castle' is an amazing book.  This recent version of it has been worth investing time into as well.  I'm so pleased they've put so much effort into the world building for the TV show.  Dick's view of the Axis divided US was a character of itself in the book - possibly more important than the human characters appearing in it.  This definitely is the case in the show, too.  That's not such a bad thing because getting that balance right is heavily dependent upon creating a plausible alternate post war world where the Nazis and Japanese have won.   Which is where the real meat of the story lies.  Well, that and the revelation to the characters that the world they inhabit may not be real...

Too awesome in so many ways.  Can't wait for season 2.

-Windebieste.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

From what we've seen so far I don't think we're gonna be getting much gigery-stuff in terms of landscape. The ampule room looks like an old castle and seems to fit with the area we've seen with the petrified bodies. Then there's the wood with the giant trees. It looks to me like they are moving even further away from Giger unfortunately.

I'm sure the Robb Cobb thing is just a coincidence. Why pick his designs for the temple over Giger? Even he admitted his speciality is spaceships and corridors.

Whiskeybrewer

What a shot. Well he does know how to tease does Ridley. Can be annoying but it does add to the fun lol

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Jul 22, 2016, 11:07:05 AM
From what we've seen so far I don't think we're gonna be getting much gigery-stuff in terms of landscape. The ampule room looks like an old castle and seems to fit with the area we've seen with the petrified bodies. Then there's the wood with the giant trees. It looks to me like they are moving even further away from Giger unfortunately.

I fear you're right. I'm still holding out hope though. Lacey's comment about painting Giger patterns still leaves me hope we're going to see some more Giger-esque style scenery.

QuoteI'm sure the Robb Cobb thing is just a coincidence. Why pick his designs for the temple over Giger? Even he admitted his speciality is spaceships and corridors.

I'm not so sure. Scott has been reusing quite a lot of ideas and concepts from early Alien. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if this was a deliberate callback to this concept.

Vermillion

Jeez.  Not the black goo.
Next it's time travel and its Ripley's mother's fault.

It's still David as the chest bursted "engineer" pilot from ALIEN.

Enoch

Enoch

Man, goo is fine plot element (or it can be with fine writing). I agree with you
about the other things, and hope we ll never get to see them on screen. ;D

By the way, I really think this was filmed inside of a workshop,
so this is not a footage from set!  ;) You can see all the concept designs
on the wall behind Ridley...

TheBATMAN

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 22, 2016, 11:25:49 AMI'm not so sure. Scott has been reusing quite a lot of ideas and concepts from early Alien. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if this was a deliberate callback to this concept.

Perhaps. But then if these designs were rejected in 1978, why are they suddenly good enough now?

426Buddy

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Jul 22, 2016, 02:00:44 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 22, 2016, 11:25:49 AMI'm not so sure. Scott has been reusing quite a lot of ideas and concepts from early Alien. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if this was a deliberate callback to this concept.

Perhaps. But then if these designs were rejected in 1978, why are they suddenly good enough now?

Many idea's were dropped or rejected originally due to time and money constraints. Scott has long said he regretted not getting to implement more of those ideas.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Enoch on Jul 22, 2016, 12:27:02 PM
Man, goo is fine plot element (or it can be with fine writing). I agree with you
about the other things, and hope we ll never get to see them on screen. ;D

By the way, I really think this was filmed inside of a workshop,
so this is not a footage from set!  ;) You can see all the concept designs
on the wall behind Ridley...

No, it's from the set. Workshops generally don't have raw stone walls and shelves. And that looks like the Ron Cobb sketch's murals behind him!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed