James Cameron Unlikely To Return For Another Alien Film

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 18, 2016, 09:02:30 AM

Author
James Cameron Unlikely To Return For Another Alien Film (Read 18,124 times)

Dan

Valaquen:
" Ripley realizes her dreams have played a role in what's happening she evacuates and confines herself to a cell, but inevitably she will meet her nemesis face to face again."

Than Ripley 8 was a chosen one in the A5 draft? She can control events by dreaming?
What if she dream about turn back in time and save Hicks and Newt in some kind of Interstellar way? Maybe that power she will achive in A.Covenant from her mother.

:o

StrangeShape

i hoghly recommend everyone to pick up this issue, its great, and the cover is just amazing

Ash 937

I don't like it when good directors dedicate themselves to a single franchise for long periods of time. George Lucas did this with Star Wars and Peter Jackson did this with The Lord of the Rings.  And both of those franchises felt redundant to me after awhile. :/

Nostromo

Thank God we have a director like Ridley Scott wanting and making 2-3 more Alien movies...

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jul 19, 2016, 02:03:25 AM
i hoghly recommend everyone to pick up this issue, its great, and the cover is just amazing

I ordered mine after posting this.

I wasn't a fan of Avatar. It looked pretty enough but I find it overly long and boring. It's been a few years since I rewatched it though. Might give it another try.

Valaquen

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jul 18, 2016, 03:21:18 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Jul 18, 2016, 02:42:05 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jul 18, 2016, 12:51:43 PM
I would love to hear details of the story him and Ridley were working on before Fox started riddling the franchise with Bullets.

https://alienseries.wordpress.com/2015/03/05/ridley-scott-and-james-camerons-alien-5/

:)

That's pretty much all there is to find.

Thanks Valaquen. Some interesting tidbits there. Definitely a case of Ridley wanted to explore the Aliens origins and Cameron wanted Earth War

FTFY  :laugh:

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Valaquen on Jul 19, 2016, 02:59:04 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jul 18, 2016, 03:21:18 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Jul 18, 2016, 02:42:05 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jul 18, 2016, 12:51:43 PM
I would love to hear details of the story him and Ridley were working on before Fox started riddling the franchise with Bullets.

https://alienseries.wordpress.com/2015/03/05/ridley-scott-and-james-camerons-alien-5/

:)

That's pretty much all there is to find.

Thanks Valaquen. Some interesting tidbits there. Definitely a case of Ridley wanted to explore the Aliens origins and Cameron wanted Earth War

FTFY  :laugh:

LOL Whiskey's type gave me a good chuckle.  :laugh:

Valaquen

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Jul 19, 2016, 03:20:36 PM
LOL Whiskey's type gave me a good chuckle.  :laugh:

Oh, I get Valaqueen a lot  :laugh:

I'd correct their name to 'Whiskybrewer' as well, but maybe they're Irish  :P

HuDaFuK

Not really a big surprise. Why would he make another Alien - a film that would have a hell of a lot to live up to - when he's laughing all the way to the bank with his pet Avatar project?

Whiskeybrewer

Hahahahaha, i so didnt realise i'd done that lol

truly Fabulous information

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jul 19, 2016, 09:47:38 PM
Hahahahaha, i so didnt realise i'd done that lol

truly Fabulous information

You must've had too much whiskey, mate.  :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 19, 2016, 03:49:48 PM
Not really a big surprise. Why would he make another Alien - a film that would have a hell of a lot to live up to - when he's laughing all the way to the bank with his pet Avatar project?

I have to wonder how successful those sequels are actually going to be. Yeah, Avatar was massively successful but I very rarely see people with positive stuff to say about it now-a-days.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jul 19, 2016, 09:47:38 PMHahahahaha, i so didnt realise i'd done that lol

The Irish spell it with an 'e', just get an Irish passport and you'll be fine.

whiterabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 20, 2016, 07:44:26 AM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 19, 2016, 03:49:48 PM

I have to wonder how successful those sequels are actually going to be. Yeah, Avatar was massively successful but I very rarely see people with positive stuff to say about it now-a-days.
One also has to consider the foreign exchange rate. Back when avatar was released the us dollar was weak, thus over seas tickets sales had much more monetary power when converted to USD. Today overseas ticket sale receipts are simply worth less money and 3D is not that big of a deal so getting people to pay more will be hard. Avatar likely can not beat a movie like The Force Awakens today.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: BringbackJonesy! on Jul 18, 2016, 10:36:29 PM
If only the FOX suits had let Ridley & Cameron do their joint version FIRST, and then greenlit their AvP project afterwards.  The fools.

I've always wondered what we could have ended up with between the two of them collaborating.

Fox had no idea the pair were working on a project - and Cameron mentioned in an interview, one time, that Scott never bothered to get back in contact with him about it. Seems like Cameron was the one who was mainly trying to get it done, but that he didn't notify Fox about it.

There was no indication that Fox would have refused simultaneously filming it, however. Cameron only ever said he decided to stop writing and then, later, regretted doing so, because the AVP project wasn't nearly like he thought it was going to be. From that, it seems like he had never read the initial comic (which is ironic, as the likeness of one of the characters was based upon him), because, before that, he used to say he thought it could only ever turn into a messy 'Godzilla'-style enterprise.

This makes me think that, had he been aware the AVP concept was aimed at being on a far smaller scale than he assumed, he might have simply continued with what he had been writing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed