The Complete AvP Omnibus (Titan, November 2016)

Started by Ultramorph, Jun 30, 2016, 07:16:41 PM

Author
The Complete AvP Omnibus (Titan, November 2016) (Read 6,373 times)

Ultramorph

Just saw this on Amazon:

QuoteContains three classic, previously published Alien vs Predator novels: Prey, Hunter's Planet & War

A special value tripple dose of action entertainment featuring two of the silver screen's biggest monster icons - Alien who terrorised Sigourney Weaver's Ripley, and Predator who tested Arnie's nerve to the limit.

It comes out November 29th, 2016. Interesting that they're including both Hunter's Planet and War.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1785651994/ref=s9_qpp_gw_d99_g14_i2_r?ie=UTF8&fpl=fresh&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-4&pf_rd_r=HS7WDDYSDKT70XVV4JTT&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=4861a91c-608b-4992-992d-ae8ef1ac960c&pf_rd_i=desktop

Corporal Hicks

Awesome. I was expecting to see this. I wonder if we're going to get some Predator focus soon.

I miss original painted covers though!

HuDaFuK

Yeah, the novel covers have been a bit crap since the DH Press books.

Nice that they're reprinting all these though. Even if I did just spend a pile of cash buying original copies not too long ago :P

happypred

Wolf's mask is boss

Corporal Hicks

True. But it's just so dull reusing stills. We're just being superficial but so many of the novels had great original artwork.

Ultramorph

I wonder if they're going to put some kind of foreword or notice about HP and War being "alternative sequels" or if they just assume fans already know.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I dunno but hunters planet was an aweful novel. War wasn't a great comic series ( issue 0# is fantastic though.) but I never read the novel.

I've been tempted the buy the newer alien novels but the covers are so lame lol, I'm kinda hoping they get re released with better cover art. Same with all the omnibus' for the novels. I'm tempted to find the originals just for the better cover artwork.

Ultramorph

I re-read HP last summer, and yeah, it wasn't great. It was 90s in a bad, painful way. The xenoborgs are a great example.

Corporal Hicks

I've only read it once many years ago. I've had no desire to re-read it but now I'm thinking about those robot dinosaurs, I really am tempted to give it a re-read.  ;D

Thomas H.

War and Prey are the novelizations of the first AvP comics, right?

HuDaFuK

Prey is an adaptation of the original AVP comic, War is an adaptation of the comic of the same name.

Corporal Hicks

Just heard back from Titan that there are no Predator omnibus' planned.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 04, 2016, 09:53:31 AM
Just heard back from Titan that there are no Predator omnibus' planned.

Thats a bugger, but maybe they will wait until the Alien and AVP omnibus's are done before deciding

Corporal Hicks

This year is very much Alien focused because of the anniversary. Next year is Predator's anniversary so I wouldn't be surprised to see some focus shift over to them.

Whiskeybrewer

Exactly and maybe the AVP book is just the nice crossover til they do it

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed