Things that scared you as a kid

Started by Bughunter S. Thomson, Jun 30, 2016, 05:33:43 PM

Author
Things that scared you as a kid (Read 2,295 times)

Bughunter S. Thomson

Part of the reason I love Aliens so much is that it scared me to death when I first saw it as a kid.

What stuff put the crappies in your nappies?

Here are some of mine:

Judge Doom in Who Framed Roger Rabbit

The Ark doing it's thang in Raiders

Death in Baron Munchausen

The killer dinner from Young Sherlock Holmes

This bit in Return to Oz

The zombie taxi driver in Ghostbusters

Those demons that drag people to hell in Ghost

Emil melting in Robocop

When the Machine in Superman 3 turns that woman into an evil cyberwoman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuSsSwg9MXs

THIS FV@ING IMAGE. It's a page from Terry Jones' Fairy Tales, and I used to purposefully skip past the page. I havent seen it in about 30 years and I just this moment found it again on the internet.

As you can see, I was a bit of a pussy.

Kaltes

Kaltes

To be honest nothing seriously scared me as a kid (probably because I used to watch nothing scary). Though I can think of some things that gave me the creeps now. I'll list them later. Maybe.

Prez

Prez

3 things from childhood (during the early to mid 80s) were

1. Alien
2. American Werewolf in London
3. Michael Myers from Halloween

I had some incredibly visceral and surreal nightmares as a young kid and teenager thanks to these movies. Some that still haunt me to this very day (I'm now in my 40s). The Alien ones in particular were truly terrifying.

True story.
I was a 14-15 year old teenager at home alone watching Alien on my brothers worn out VHS copy (which he taped off the TV). After finishing the movie, oddly enough VCR turned itself back on even after I switched it off - this happened 3 times. To say I was scared sh*tless was an understatement. I expected the Big Chap to come walking down the hallway any second. Still no idea why that VCR kept turning itself on.

Other one was my best mate and I would watch the Halloween movies all the time. He had a Halloween 4 poster up on his wall. That poster would fall down everytime we watched Halloween ;-)

Sabby

Sabby

The Paramite Temple in Abes Oddyssey.

Deathbearer

Quote from: Sabby on Jul 01, 2016, 12:22:18 AM
The Paramite Temple in Abes Oddyssey.

Paramites are assholes

426Buddy

426Buddy

Alien, aliens, and alien3 terrified me when I was a kid.
Spoiler
[close]

Also The Blob remake, when it falls off the ceiling and melts the jock kid I cried my little kid eyes out and had to stop watching.
Spoiler
[close]

In don't rember this film well at all but it scared me big time.
Spoiler
[close]

Also jaws scared the sheet out of me.
Spoiler
[close]

The Thing freaked me out too.
Spoiler
[close]

Event horizon freaked me out a bit too.
Spoiler
[close]

As and adult I love these films and their genres. I think being frightened by them and having nightmares is part of the reason I am so fascinated with them as films.

THE CITY HUNTER

Return of the living dead and Nightmare on elm street.

bobby brown

bobby brown

I have a long list of childhood terrors and bad memories, here's a few.

The Thing, my god. f*ck you dad.
Spoiler
[close]

The blob (1988)
Spoiler
[close]
Swear to god, I kept watching the ceiling of every room I entered for a loooong time after watching this...

The Mummy 2001, The F*cking scarab scene...
Spoiler
[close]

The music video for Basment jaxx "where's your head at"
Spoiler
[close]
Seriously Ran out of the room every time it aired on MTV.

AND of course, the f*cking pilot episode of "Courage the Cowardly Dog"
Spoiler
[close]

KillCrites

Shinawi

PVTDukeMorrison

The artwork in these were a mixture of beautiful and f**king horrifying. Want to make a small child cry? Give them these books.

Kaltes

Kaltes

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Jul 16, 2016, 05:10:13 PM
http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee450/poisonstrudel/Scary_Stories_to_Tell_in_the_Dark_cover_zpsqibmbpdc.jpg

The artwork in these were a mixture of beautiful and f**king horrifying. Want to make a small child cry? Give them these books.

Shit I remember those books.

Corporal Hicks

Aliens gave me nightmares for five years. From the age of 5 to 10. I slept facedown, thinking a chestburster wouldn't be able to get out of me if my chest was against the mattress.  :laugh:

I had a few random nightmares from films as a kid. That I can remember - Starship Troopers, Terminator 2, Star Trek First Contact.

Non film things...I'm not an insect fan. Spiders gave me the willies and still do.

x-M-x

x-M-x

I.T
Hellrasier
Aliens
Predator
The Thing (dat music... dun... dun... dun...)  :D

Kaltes

Kaltes

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 18, 2016, 08:09:06 AM
I'm not an insect fan. Spiders gave me the willies and still do.

Same.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed