What would you keep from the AVP movies if a new one was made?

Started by DUB1, Jun 22, 2016, 11:48:23 PM

Author
What would you keep from the AVP movies if a new one was made? (Read 2,751 times)

DUB1

Let's say they remade or rebooted the series.

Imo, they should keep the pyramid concept. To me, that truly helped make AvP it's own thing rather than a Aliens rehash guest starring Predators. They can set a new AVP movie in the future, on another planet, and feature the colonial marines if they want, but I'd like the pyramid concept to stick.

Kaltes

I'd keep the idea of Predators hunting in groups since that was how it was done in the comics. One Clan Leader to watch over two or three Youngbloods as they fight.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: DUB1 on Jun 22, 2016, 11:48:23 PM
Let's say they remade or rebooted the series.

Okay..

Definitely keep the Pyramid idea as I feel that it was something which expanded the Predators in a way which no one saw coming. I liked the idea of the whole shifting pyramids which evened the playing field for Alien, Predator and Humans-- as all three would have to more or less familiarize themselves constantly with an ever changing pyramid which also acts as a maze. That was cool.

Keep the Blooding Ritual. That was something from the original comics and something I feel is an important part of Predator culture.

Keep the PredAlien concept but change the design. I was fine with the PredAlien's design in Requiem, but at the same time I know it can be vastly improved upon. Rebellion's version was pretty damn decent, and so was Steve Wang's original attempt at it. Obviously, do away with the egg-vomiting.

Keep the Predator homeworld from Requiem. I just feel like that was a good place to be the Predator homeworld.

Master

The only Predalien for me is and always was Dave Dorman`s.

Thomas H.

Agreed on the Pyramid. That was actually a good idea. However, it would work better on a alien planet, where some future archeologists find it. Mind you, still cheesy B-movie territory, but still works better than Antarctica. Blooding and pack-hunting is also still a good idea. I'm ok with eggs and Chestbursters, but no Queen please. Kinda done with Queens everywhere.

PredAlien..... Not sure. I watch AvP:R once every two years or so. Sometimes I like the design and concept, sometimes I don't. I'm still not sure about the idea of the Xenomorph taking qualities from the hosts. In Alien3 the Xeno did the same, but it was still a straight up Xeno, but with a few slight differences. The PredAlien is much more a hybrid, and I'm just not sure on this concept.

The idea of the YoungBloods needing to earn the more advanced weaponry was also something I liked. Things like the shurikens or extra long wristblades were a bit too much though. Bit comicbooky/fanwanky.

Kaltes

I'd keep the Predalien, only without the impregnation ability of course.

Corporal Hicks

Like many above, I'd keep the pyramid or at least the concept of a temple. Doesn't need to retain the meddling in mankinds past but I don't mind the concept of temples that show the importance of the Aliens to the Predator culture.

I'd love to see the Shurikens. Loved them, so much. I also liked the idea of Alien bodyparts being involved in weapons. Maybe not the whip but something like the tongue being used as a hilt for a sword.

I also thought the first film was pretty balanced when it came to the actual Versus so I don't mind that being maintained.

I still love the PredAlien concept. I'd just like to see a design design (no dreads!!!!)

Master

Yeah I love Predalien. Just not AvP-R one. But Dave Dorman's design. That's what I'd love to see on screen.

Corporal Hicks

It definitely one of the best but still not there for me. I just hate the damn dreadlocks.

Master

You know I hate them too on Predalien but as spikes at the back of the head are bearable for me.

whiterabbit

I didn't think anything was wrong with the pyramids. We see them both on Earth and on the Predator home world from avpr. It'll be like a theme that connects the 3 movies. The predator home world could be kept as well. I thought the predalien was fine with the dreads, not saying it made sense but some of the other pred designs mentioned here don't really do it for me. I'd also keep the end of avpr and have us take the fight to the predators home world with colonial marines. I'm keeping the aliens of course. I'd do away with the team work though. Aliens vs Predator vs Marine.

I wonder if it would be worth keeping any of the actors/character from the previous movies?

Mister Skeezler

I like the idea of ruins of some sort, but I'd rather they be from some nameless civilization that's long gone...on another planet (could be a great tie-in to the other skulls in the trophy case in Predator 2).

The fact that we see an Alien skull in the trophy case in Predator 2 signals to me that the Alien should be considered extremely worthy prey. AVP shows them as moderately worthy, but only when the Predator has no plasma caster. And there are just tons of them running around, which makes them seem even less formidable. And AVP:R shows them as just kind of a nuisance.

I would like to see the Alien being so rare in the universe, that the Predator is drawn to it as the ultimate prey. Even to the point of ignoring the humans. It should be like a hunter spotting a unicorn or something as impossible as that. I don't want to see a hive, I don't want to see Predators seeding planets with facehuggers and I don't want to see the Alien being cannon-fodder for Predators to start blasting like trigger-happy Klingons.

This also means a return to the Predator as a graceful, deadly killer, not a lumbering space viking.

DUB1

I think the PredAlien's dreadlocks are an essential part of it. Maybe they don't make sense, but I think the PredAlien benefits greatly from the visual impact they provide. It's an Alien that came from a Predator, so it should look like a big "F*ck you" to the Predators. The mandibles alone aren't enough to convey that, imo.

As for other Predator traits, well, considering Predators don't need their helmets to mimic dialogue as evidenced by the Jungle Hunter's laughter at the end of P1, I wonder if it's a trait a PredAlien could inherit. I do realize it's an idea that could go wrong if badly handled.

Naturally, the PredAlien should not use Predator technology, or take trophies. The end of it's tail should not look like the wristblades (I remember seeing a picture where it did). It's skin should be black like any Alien. What I'm not sure is if a PredAlien should be the same height and weight as a human-born Alien, or bigger than both one and a Predator.

Randomizer

Nothing except maybe the Predalien. There's no need to reuse the same ideas when you can start fresh. It's not like both of them were that awful.

I'd try and make something different without overwriting the current concepts (i.e the Predator homeworld and the Predalien from AVP-R), as to avoid any contradictions.

OpenMaw

Pretty much nothing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed