Noomi Rapace joins Alien Covenant

Started by Gazz, Jun 20, 2016, 10:34:00 PM

Author
Noomi Rapace joins Alien Covenant (Read 27,537 times)

windebieste

Well, let's hope she's actually in it, huh.  Would love to see this News verified before I get too excited about Da Noomz appearing in 'ALIEN: Covenant'.  Would hate to see this become just one more redacted piece of info.  Certainly not the first time it's happened. 

Some verification, plz, Mr. Fox.

-Windebieste.

Stolen

Stolen

This is a fantastic news. Great actress, great character and great connection with David.

HYPE
Y
P
E

SuicideDoors

First piece of news where I've thought "Urgh, ffs :(". Was hoping all ties (apart from the one good one, David) would be left at the door with Prometheus

CainsSon

CainsSon

Ehem! I believe this topic should be moved to my EARLIER TOPIC: 'NOOMI RAPACE ISN'T WORKING ON ANYTHING ELSE RIGHT NOW..' or whatever I called it.  ::)

Quote from: Himmelblau on Jun 20, 2016, 11:07:47 PM
I told you that was her in pic.

Yes I'm ready to receive your various gifts,and offerings you may begin. 8)

Ehem!! I believe I speculated with an ENTIRE TOPIC titled some shit like 'NOOMI RAPACE UP TO NOTHING ELSE AT THE MOMENT BUT SHE ISN'T FILMING ANYTHING AND IS PROBABLY ON SET SHOOTING ALIEN:COVENANT AND THEY DON'T WANT US TO KNOW FOR REASONS' or whatever I may have titled it. I believe I suggested in there somewhere that she was MIA for a reason, perhaps. 

In all seriousness though, they wanted this to be incognito, so maybe there IS something to her inclusion we dont yet understand... Some kinda character reveal we speculated about.

whiterabbit

Good. GOOOD. I can feel the angst. Now all we need is confirmation that Charlize Theron is on set.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Gazz on Jun 20, 2016, 10:34:00 PM
She has been on set for weeks apparently.

It doesn't read to me like it says she's already been down there, just that she does have some weeks of shooting to do. I'm curious as to how much work she'll be doing!

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Jun 20, 2016, 10:50:03 PM
Bad news: if they're rewriting this film while they're filming it, after all these years of writing, we're in big trouble.

Not sure where you're getting that feeling from? Doesn't seem to be what it's saying.

Quote from: windebieste on Jun 20, 2016, 11:03:22 PM
...now just waiting for this News confirmation from Official Sources, that is, 20th Century Fox.

Deadline are generally on point when it comes to this kind of news. I think they're where the majority of the casting news for Covenant came from.

Can't say I was a massive fan of the character but I think I would have been more annoyed if she was ignored wholesale and there was no closure to her. I'm really curious to see what they come up with!

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: CainsSon on Jun 21, 2016, 06:30:01 AM
Ehem! I believe this topic should be moved to my EARLIER TOPIC: 'NOOMI RAPACE ISN'T WORKING ON ANYTHING ELSE RIGHT NOW..' or whatever I called it.  ::)

Quote from: Himmelblau on Jun 20, 2016, 11:07:47 PM
I told you that was her in pic.

Yes I'm ready to receive your various gifts,and offerings you may begin. 8)

Ehem!! I believe I speculated with an ENTIRE TOPIC titled some shit like 'NOOMI RAPACE UP TO NOTHING ELSE AT THE MOMENT BUT SHE ISN'T FILMING ANYTHING AND IS PROBABLY ON SET SHOOTING ALIEN:COVENANT AND THEY DON'T WANT US TO KNOW FOR REASONS' or whatever I may have titled it. I believe I suggested in there somewhere that she was MIA for a reason, perhaps. 

In all seriousness though, they wanted this to be incognito, so maybe there IS something to her inclusion we dont yet understand... Some kinda character reveal we speculated about.

I know i'm only fooling around. ;)

Xenoscream

As long as they don't start doing "year of our lord" religious BS I'll be fine. Her character was annoying for me, I mean she wasn't the worst but honestly apart from David was there even one fully fleshed out decent character in the whole film?

I hope they limit her role, I don't want to see her go flying around in engineer ships or using their technology etc.

SuicideDoors

I think we're all confused as to what her capacity might be, especially when the synopsis states David is "the sole inhabitant" of the planet the Covenant is shuttling too. Surely she can't be a main player with "weeks worth of scenes". Maybe she'll play a role similar to that of Matt Damon's part in Interstellar. I just hope it's not a significant part, she was pretty duff in Prometheus and I think any way this film can free itself of the shackles of Prometheus, the better.

God what disappointing news. Some people are acting like it was as painful as losing Hicks from Alien 3. If we saw bloody savaged remnants of her weyland bodysuit that would have been sufficient.

Kronnang_Dunn

Damnit... Does anybody here has even realized that her sudden appearance was going to be the "big surprise" or main "twist" of the film? I feel like I have been badly spoiled with the news... :-  >:(  >:(

Corporal Hicks

It's the kind of thing you'd guarantee would be in the trailers. I think that it's likely we'll be mainly seeing her interact with the old David. Judging from all the recent photos of him, not sporting the blond hair, makes me think they haven't filmed Prometheus' David just yet and with filming coming to an end in the next month or so I think it's likely that's the case.

whiterabbit

Nah. She's going to be in the last five minutes of the film as the lone survivor of the Covenant; Rips mom, reunites her with David08's severed head. It's going to be totally awkward.

Infected

Infected

Maybe she is filming flashbacks.
Because when she jumped in the engineers ship and flew away, she made a big gap between the Prometheus incident rock (i forgot the LV number) 
And to catch up with that, the Covenant ship must be years away imo.
But im very curious on what they are gonna portrait.

Whiskeybrewer

I didnt see the point of Ridley doing the whole, she's in it, she's not in it as that made it a stupid secret to keep about filming.

x-M-x

x-M-x

YES!!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed