Noomi Rapace joins Alien Covenant

Started by Gazz, Jun 20, 2016, 10:34:00 PM

Author
Noomi Rapace joins Alien Covenant (Read 27,202 times)

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Scorpio on Jun 20, 2016, 11:58:36 PM
Quote from: windebieste on Jun 20, 2016, 11:03:22 PM

I love Noomi as an actor but felt she was mis-cast in the role of Shaw.  I don't feel that she brought any of her acting strengths we've seen her perform elsewhere, particularly 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo'; especially given the material she had to work with in 'Prometheus'.

I rewatched Prometheus yesterday, and I think she's really good in it.  Particularly the surgery scene.

John Doe

John Doe

Great news, i always thought it was impossible to not have her in the movie.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: Himmelblau on Jun 21, 2016, 12:05:19 AM
Quote from: Scorpio on Jun 20, 2016, 11:58:36 PM
Quote from: windebieste on Jun 20, 2016, 11:03:22 PM

I love Noomi as an actor but felt she was mis-cast in the role of Shaw.  I don't feel that she brought any of her acting strengths we've seen her perform elsewhere, particularly 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo'; especially given the material she had to work with in 'Prometheus'.

I rewatched Prometheus yesterday, and I think she's really good in it.  Particularly the surgery scene.

http://alfa.gifs-planet.com/new/4474.gif

If it weren't for Noomi's acting, that scene would have been hokey and cheesy.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Crazy turn of events. Good stuff.

windebieste

Ya.  That ceasarean birth was something else, huh.  Too bad if that scene got messed up. 

Mind you, I haven't seen 'Prometheus' for a while. I'm well overdue for another viewing of the movie.  I bet the same things will bother me when I do get to watch it... The captain casually standing at his dais without any safety restraints while the ship lands...  The idiot biologist who wants to play with space snakes just to impress the equally idiot geologist who goes to another planet and fails to pick up a single rock...  The exploding head that explodes because, well, it explodes...  The complete breach of any safety measures by removal of protective helmets simply because oxygen has been detected...  Shaw's occasional smugness, particularly her "Well, who made them, Smart ass?" comments and attitude... Dumb stuff like that which could have easily been fixed in the script did kind of spoil the movie for me.  Most of the rest of the movie and the terrific questions it raises totally worked for me.  Unfortunately, 'Prometheus' was uneven. 

I'm happy to see Noomi return though.  Her reprisal of Shaw will provide some much needed connectivity to both movies.  I'm hoping for a meaner, leaner Shaw this time around.  After all, she's heading to an Alien world with so much loss behind her.  Her character development will probably be the most important aspect of the movie considering what she has already endured.  I'm very interested in seeing how that pans out in this new movie.  I'm expecting a very different Shaw this time around.

-Windebieste.

Prez

Prez

Watched Prometheus (again) yesterday and must admit that surgery scene is brilliant. Noomi is great in it. I liked Shaw as a character - found her interesting (glad her annoying boyfriend got fried mind).

aliennaire

aliennaire

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Jun 20, 2016, 11:48:51 PM
... I feel her "there is only death here now" transmission will be intercepted... and the crew of the Covenant will say, "let's go there!"  :D
Yup, curiosity killed the cat, there will Covenant crew go, provided they will receive Shaw's farewell transmission :-)

Quote from: Enoch on Jun 20, 2016, 11:47:37 PM
That Synopsis is still strange! If Shaw is in the movie how can David be sole inhabitant of "Paradise"???
That can prove my theory that Shaw isnt on the same place with David? :o ???
IMDb page was last time updated on  - when? - April, 6th, just wait for the renewal :-)

Yet, in his earlier interview Ridley ranted there were going to be more than one David's rendition and Prometheus survivors were parting to go separate ways. So, probably, Noomi's character will arrive to Paradise/Engineers'e planet square at the same moment, as all the hell gets loose with Covenant crew and ex-Prometheus David?

Quote from: Prez72 on Jun 21, 2016, 01:27:25 AM
Watched Prometheus (again) yesterday and must admit that surgery scene is brilliant. Noomi is great in it...
Great scene, unbeatable in its intensity over all the movie! Well-directed, masterly shot and marvellously edited. Scott revealed there were only three of them - he, DoP and Noomi - while filming it.

Other than that, Shaw looked rather plain to me, comparing to Vickers... I wish there was a way to bring back Theron.

Quote from: Prez72 on Jun 21, 2016, 01:27:25 AM
(glad her annoying boyfriend got fried mind).
Admit it, you are jealous :-)

NickisSmart

I hated the character and felt like Shaw was nice and bubbly and all-around annoying. Just my opinion.

windebieste

Quote from: aliennaire on Jun 21, 2016, 01:31:40 AM
Other than that, Shaw looked rather plain to me, comparing to Vickers... I wish there was a way to bring back Theron.

In an interview prior to 'Prometheus' release regarding the presence of any androids in the movie, Scott is on record stating "There may be two."    Mind you, Scott has been known to say a lot of things that didn't exactly pan out. 

Either way, Vickers may yet re-appear at some point in the upcoming trilogy.  I don't know what Theron is working on at the moment.  Maybe she's in Sydney right now...  Even if she isn't, Android Vickers may yet make an appearance in one of the upcoming movies...

At this stage, anything can happen and even official word from Fox should be treated as open ended right now... 

-Windebieste.

Ultramorph

Great news! I'm glad Shaw's fate won't be left hanging.

mace-in-the-face

Pretty sick of Ridley Scott's flip-flopping bullshit. Of course she's going to be in it, Alien Covenant wouldn't be a copy of Prometheus without her. Her appearance is probably going to be some stupid bullshit like video diary recordings or something.

Why is it that I have a general idea of exactly how this movie is going to play out?

Perfect-Organism

Yay!  I guess..

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: aliennaire on Jun 21, 2016, 01:31:40 AMScott revealed there were only three of them - he, DoP and Noomi - while filming it.
That's odd, considering the doco shows how many people were actually involved in filming the scene.

LordCassusSnow

I bet Riddles is gonna Alien 3 Shaw and kill her off in the beginning of the movie   ;)

Perfect-Organism

This movie is becoming perplexing.  Very excited.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed