Aliens Actor Trevor Steedman Dies Age 62

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 20, 2016, 01:03:10 PM

Author
Aliens Actor Trevor Steedman Dies Age 62 (Read 15,846 times)

Perfect-Organism

Wierzbowski is a common Polish name.  It comes from the word "wierzba" which means "willow tree".  So Wierzbowski means "Of the Willow".

It is pronounced:

Viege-bovski

That's a soft "g" like the French name Gilles...

Sagit

Everything Perfect-Organism wrote is true. I'm polish and i confirm that Wierzbowski must have been of polish descent.
Actually when I think of it we have many names with "Willow: in it: Wierzbowski, Wierzbicki, Wierzba...

I remember watching Aliens as kid and during a scene showing all the marines cam feeds, my mother asked: "There are polish marines in this movie?" I said: " Well one of them is". She replied: "Oh that is nice", and watched the whole movie with me. She hates sci-fi but patriotism did its part ;)

So I'll write this in polish: Świeć Panie nad jego duszą.
It;s our "Rest in peace" and literally: "Lord shine over his soul"

Whiskeybrewer

Damn :(

God Speed Mr Steedman

Hudson

Deeply saddened to hear this and regret that I was unable to meet the man in person. I much enjoyed his appearance on the podcast, his roll in the fan film, and have been looking forward to seeing him in Alien Encounters for some time now. Hopefully sooner than later.

I still remember in my younger days first discovering through whatever means available at the time (probably Alien Encyclopedia) that there were two other marines in the background of Aliens, Crowe and Wierzbowski. I still find it fun to play a version of Where's Waldo during the first half of the movie by trying to spot all their appearances. I think my favorite Ski moment has to be when Gorman walks out of the briefing, for a split second you can see Wierzbowski's hand flipping him off at the edge of the screen right when Crowe puts the blue hat on.

RIP mate, and cheers to a great legacy.

Corporal Hicks

It was a real honour to have him on the show. Really wonderful guy. I really wish I hadn't been so nervous back then (I actually say at the start when we're all saying hi, "I'm not good, thanks!") but he told some great stories and was a pleasure to speak too. I keep meaning to transcribe the interview and upload it as a written one.

RagingDragon

Motherf**ker.

A swear word is the only appropriate response. What a life you must have lived, Mr. Steedman. We love you.

chainsawsquirrel

was a nice guy :(

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

http://forum.alienslegacy.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16254

For those interested in helping out Trev's family with the funeral costs.

Prez

Has there been any official statement or tributes from his fellow cast members or official Fox channels?

Rest in Peace Trevor.

drsmuts

RIP Trevor.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Prez72 on Jul 05, 2016, 01:51:17 AM
Has there been any official statement or tributes from his fellow cast members or official Fox channels?

Rest in Peace Trevor.

Ricco Ross posted on Facebook but that's all I've seen.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 04, 2016, 07:12:43 AM
http://forum.alienslegacy.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16254

For those interested in helping out Trev's family with the funeral costs.

Trev's family could still do with a little help if anyone can spare a few quid.

Spooky799kil

RIP Trevor Steedman. Loved your work in Children of Men too! That part where you got hit in the face is still one of the most convincing stunts I have ever seen.

RIP Trevor Steedman. Loved your work in Children of Men too! That part where you got hit in the face is still one of the most convincing stunts I have ever seen.

Corporal Hicks

https://soundcloud.com/heavymetalhorrorcast/tribute-episode-trevor-steedman

Tribute podcast with Harry Harris, Andrew David Clark and Darren Kemp. All who worked with him a lot in the community.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed