Yes, to the Predator universe only
4 (5.3%)
Yes, to both universes
24 (31.6%)
No I do not consider the AVP movies canon
48 (63.2%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Author
Do you consider the AVP movies canon? (Read 22,122 times)

SM

SM

Quality is subjective and irrelevant.

Every novel and comic published since Jan 2014 (not incl. AvPvDredd) and Alien Isolation is canon with the five existing films.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: SM on Mar 22, 2017, 04:24:28 AM
Every novel and comic published since Jan 2014 (not incl. AvPvDredd) and Alien Isolation is canon with the five existing films.

Umm... Might wanna include Big Game and Bad Blood.

Those are re-introduced into the canon, if the new Predator comic is to be counted.

SM

SM

I wouldn't know.  Predator canon is a separate thing.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: SM on Mar 22, 2017, 04:42:15 AM

What?

As for AvP/Dredd... to D88M... That's a legit AU canon. No, I'm not kidding. That actually is, since Aliens and Predators exist in the Dreddverse.

And Buffy too, that's an AU canon too... Since a Xenomorph does make a full on starring appearance in the canonical Season 8 comics. And Weyland-Yutani also exists in the Buffyverse as one of Wolfram and Heart's clients.

Does Fox still own Buffy, by the way?

SM

SM

QuoteWhat?

What what?

RakaiThwei

Quote from: SM on Mar 22, 2017, 04:55:14 AM
What what?

What what WHAT?!

In all seriousness, you said Predator canon was a separate thing and... that threw me off. I always considered it as one singular canon.

SM

SM

Different license.

skhellter

Quote from: SM on Mar 22, 2017, 04:55:14 AM
QuoteWhat?

What what?

What What What What What What What What!!!!

put your hands up... put your hands up...

The Alien Predator

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 22, 2017, 04:48:56 AM
And Buffy too, that's an AU canon too... Since a Xenomorph does make a full on starring appearance in the canonical Season 8 comics. And Weyland-Yutani also exists in the Buffyverse as one of Wolfram and Heart's clients.

Does Fox still own Buffy, by the way?

Wait, really? You learn something new everyday...

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Mar 23, 2017, 12:05:07 AM
Wait, really? You learn something new everyday...

Yeah, according to the Buffy Wiki and Xenopedia that FCBD ashcan comic is a canonical part of the season 8 or season 9 comics for Buffy.

Yeah, it's a Xenomorph but it's a different kind of Xenomorph, it's actually NOT a product of the black slime but instead it's a demon vampire bug thing which mutated into a Xenomorph, and it DOESN'T have an aversion to fire but it is a Xenomorph in appearance and behavior.

Samhain13

Quote from: SM on Mar 22, 2017, 04:24:28 AM

So that would include the Rage War trilogy and the Fire and Stone comics that have predators on it?

Corporal Hicks

It would.

Samhain13

Samhain13

But then...

So some novels/comics with predators in are currently canon with the alien franchise, but the original movies which the predators first appeared are not? Thats weird.

The movies dont even contradict anything of the alien movies. And a elder pred in the Rage War mention Harrigan from Predator 2, so they had the pred movies in mind while making a novel of this new canon.

Also in the Rage War its implied the xenos are ancient creatures since they are found in those dog like aliens (were they ever given a name? I'm tired of calling them dog like aliens) ruins, and those ruins are thousands if not millions of years older than that of the human race.

So if any next alien movie try to say that the xenomorphs are like a recent creation it would contradict facts established in previous canon material. Right?

426Buddy

Film canon usually trumps EU canon

Xenomrph

Quote from: Samhain13 on Mar 24, 2017, 03:18:10 PM
But then...

So some novels/comics with predators in are currently canon with the alien franchise, but the original movies which the predators first appeared are not? Thats weird.

The movies dont even contradict anything of the alien movies. And a elder pred in the Rage War mention Harrigan from Predator 2, so they had the pred movies in mind while making a novel of this new canon.
Licensing is a funny thing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed