Comicpalooza 2016 in Texas - Cast of Aliens

Started by PRJ_since1990, Jun 16, 2016, 06:17:11 PM

Author
Comicpalooza 2016 in Texas - Cast of Aliens (Read 7,204 times)

PRJ_since1990

Hey all.

I am getting ready to fly out of New York and head to Houston, Texas for Comicpalooza 2016! Here's the website with an enormous guest list: http://www.comicpalooza.com/

The big attraction (for me personally, not just overall) is most of the cast of ALIENS will be there to take photos and sign autographs. I'm taking my NECA toys of Hicks, Hudson and Ripley (Aliens S5 version) down to have them autographed! There will also be a panel with all the cast talking with probably an open questionaire.

I will be wearing my AvPGalaxy shirt to represent! Is there anything one of our members would like to ask the cast?
Forgive me if this is posted in the wrong forum, but there will be plenty of merchandise available no doubt. 

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Someone needs to ask the obligatory question about Alien 5. Maybe something more specific about how Blomkamp has said it was working with and talking with Sigourney that led to Ripley's inclusion into the film.

See if you can ask ADI about The Predator or Alien 5. They'll be there too.

426Buddy

Lucky! I would love to go but I have a debilitating fear of heights/flying... and no money :-\

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 17, 2016, 10:08:12 AM
See if you can ask ADI about The Predator or Alien 5. They'll be there too.
So unfortunately I had to leave today when Alec Gillis was going to appear. However, I did get a video of Sigourney's answer of a fan's question about Alien 5. Seriously crammed for time, that panel was only 45-50 mins long. I will upload it when I can.

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 17, 2016, 12:17:52 PM
Lucky! I would love to go but I have a debilitating fear of heights/flying... and no money :-\

I completely understand. The whole flying thing sucks. We had a 4 hour delay flying in and didn't check into the hotel until 2:30 AM... I've been off all weekend.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Jun 19, 2016, 11:56:40 PM
So unfortunately I had to leave today when Alec Gillis was going to appear. However, I did get a video of Sigourney's answer of a fan's question about Alien 5. Seriously crammed for time, that panel was only 45-50 mins long. I will upload it when I can.

That's a shame but thanks anyway! I'm looking forward to seeing the video.  :)

Good time? Certainly looked it with all the pictures on Twitter.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 20, 2016, 08:14:17 AM
Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Jun 19, 2016, 11:56:40 PM

That's a shame but thanks anyway! I'm looking forward to seeing the video.  :)

Good time? Certainly looked it with all the pictures on Twitter.
Oh yeah. My only complaint was not having enough time for everything, ESPECIALLY sleeping.

We left Thursday. Got in at 2AM after a delay (was up since 6AM) and had trouble sleeping Friday night (ate too much, strange bed, uncomfortably soft pillows). Saturday was hectic waiting in line after line for Weaver's photo op, the Aliens Reunion panel, and then again for Weaver's autograph. Must have stood around waiting for total of 4 hours that day. Went to bed very early and had to wake up at 4:30AM to for our ride at 5:30AM to the airport.

I still haven't recovered from all the airport/airplane nonsense. I don't like flying and the last ride home was really turbulent.   

Prez

Sounds brilliant.

How good is this!!!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Prez72 on Jun 21, 2016, 06:21:57 AM
Sounds brilliant.

How good is this!!!

I hope a reunion of this scale eventually comes across to my side of the world. I really enjoyed the 25th anniversary convention with 4 of the cast, I'd love to see one with nearly all of them!  ;D

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Jun 20, 2016, 11:26:57 PM
Oh yeah. My only complaint was not having enough time for everything, ESPECIALLY sleeping.

We left Thursday. Got in at 2AM after a delay (was up since 6AM) and had trouble sleeping Friday night (ate too much, strange bed, uncomfortably soft pillows). Saturday was hectic waiting in line after line for Weaver's photo op, the Aliens Reunion panel, and then again for Weaver's autograph. Must have stood around waiting for total of 4 hours that day. Went to bed very early and had to wake up at 4:30AM to for our ride at 5:30AM to the airport.

I still haven't recovered from all the airport/airplane nonsense. I don't like flying and the last ride home was really turbulent.   

Man, queuing is horrible at these events. I've actually started bringing books with me when I go to them now. I sat on the floor reading Aliens comics when I was waiting for Sigourney's autograph. I hope you've got an empty weekend coming up to just chill out.

PRJ_since1990

Here's that promised video! Sorry for the poor phone quality!

Prez

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Jun 22, 2016, 01:55:56 AM
Here's that promised video! Sorry for the poor phone quality!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6TRbKIrv1k

So good!

Paxton's response to the initial question. HAHAHA.

xenoboners4everyone

xenoboners4everyone

Nice!

Perfect-Organism

PRJ_since1990

It was a real blast being down there, even though most of the time was spent waiting in various lines (boarding the plane, waiting to order food, getting autographs, etc.).

Thanks for the shout out Hicks!

Corporal Hicks

The most fun part of these events!  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed