New Picture of Ridley Scott & Michael Fassbender on the Set of Alien: Covenant!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 15, 2016, 01:13:13 PM

Author
New Picture of Ridley Scott & Michael Fassbender on the Set of Alien: Covenant! (Read 25,105 times)

John Doe

Amazing picture. Fass looks more like a robot than Prometheus version. The skin, the make up....

Great, Scott, great.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: WISPARTAN on Jun 15, 2016, 01:51:02 PM
People forget that David dyed his hair in Prometheus his personality was based on Mr Waylands son which believe was also called David.

If I had to take bets I am guessing this android will probably get ghost in the shelled by head found on paradise.

Bang Evil David is bad.

His personality was based on T. E. Lawrence

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 15, 2016, 09:48:14 PM
That helmet looks like one of Moebius' designs.

Beat me to it!  :D

I really like it... it's got Alien's ruggedness and Prometheus's sleekness combined.

oduodu

Could they have included elements of the power loader into that helmet? The yellow construction site feel? For that matter will we se a power loader in anny of the sequels?

XENOMORPHOSIS

Wasn't there an implication of terraforming in Prometheus? Supposedly in the John Spaights script Alien Engineers had the plot of Weyland or somebody who sole interested in finding the engineers was to obtain technology for terraforming purposes. It seems Scott is incorporating/exploring an element in Aliens by James Cameron. It'd be funny/awkward if one of these prequel had reference to the prison Fiorina 161 but by Blomkamp's movie it doesn't take Alien 3 in canon.   :P

CainsSon

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 15, 2016, 02:14:54 PM
I'm hoping we get to see the two Davids interact together on screen. I'd really like to see this factory model opposite whatever Prometheus' David 8 has become.

Unless their timelines are different Im guessing the original David 8 will take a very special interest in the new David 8.

PVTDukeMorrison

Fassbender in the background is giving me some major Lance Henriksen vibes

NickisSmart

I didn't see that until you pointed it out, but you're right.

He's Good David. Goody-little-two-shoes. The other David is Bad David.

motherfather

I haven't rewatched Prometheus for a while now, so I'm a little hazy. But wasn't David always slinking off to receive "orders" from the sleeping/dreaming Weyland for most of the movie?

When Weyland dies, presumably David is no longer "owned" by his primary user Weyland. Whether or not that means David is then even more/less of a loose cannon who knows.

His gesture towards Shaw (seemingly helpful) to find a spare ship - thats the first time we see David without Weyland's influence, right?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Jun 15, 2016, 11:23:30 PM
Wasn't there an implication of terraforming in Prometheus? Supposedly in the John Spaights script Alien Engineers had the plot of Weyland or somebody who sole interested in finding the engineers was to obtain technology for terraforming purposes. It seems Scott is incorporating/exploring an element in Aliens by James Cameron. It'd be funny/awkward if one of these prequel had reference to the prison Fiorina 161 but by Blomkamp's movie it doesn't take Alien 3 in canon.   :P

Yeah, there's some definite links to Aliens in that Spaihts' script. You've got the whole terraforming angle being the main motivation for the trip and there's a slight kind of nod in that the pyramids are acting as atmospheric processors, kind of evoking that design of the AP from Aliens too. To be honest, how much of that was Spaihts or Ridley, I don't know.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 15, 2016, 09:48:14 PM
That helmet looks like one of Moebius' designs.

I have no issue with this. We saw it with Prometheus too - Scott is going back to old designs from Alien that he didn't get to use. Here's hoping for a proper egg silo.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 16, 2016, 07:30:50 AM
I have no issue with this. We saw it with Prometheus too - Scott is going back to old designs from Alien that he didn't get to use. Here's hoping for a proper egg silo.

I really like Moebius' work as well. Blade Runner is another good example of a film that was very heavily inspired by Moebius even though he didn't work on it.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 15, 2016, 03:31:14 PM
Quote from: tmjhur on Jun 15, 2016, 03:29:10 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 15, 2016, 03:08:05 PM
I'd be surprised if he didn't come along with the Covenant. I don't really see David (nearly typed Michael here) creating copies of himself. I think it'd be more in line for the new David to just be attached to this colony crew. He's probably pretty reliable but maybe starting to be out-dated.
And his replacement version worked out real well right!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The A-2s always were a bit twitchy.  :laugh: To be fair, we don't really know how stable David was.
Im not sure where Im getting this idea from, but isn't DAVID 8, essentially supposed to be the first model android that can rightfully integrate with humans? I sort have got it in my head watching Prometheus that there aren't many other models of Androids out there, functioning in a crew, as David is.
Isn't David 8 supposed to be the first model android to be used the way we are used to seeing them be used throughout the series?
Because that's how I was taking it. Curious if anybody else was also seeing it this way.

Infected

He plays a human, because he wears a t-shirt none of the robots ever had a t-shirt on.
Human Fassbender confirmed, prove me wrong :D

NOC

I wasn't impressed by Prometheus like many others, and I really hope Alien Covenant is every Prometheus should of been and more!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed