THE PREDATOR To Film in Vancouver This Fall

Started by Darkoo, Jun 10, 2016, 08:40:28 PM

Author
THE PREDATOR To Film in Vancouver This Fall (Read 37,653 times)

Corporal Hicks

Brody was the youngest actor to win an Oscar for Best Actor. Glover was well known for working on a series that Shane Black kicked off. I really wouldn't have called them poor choices. Personally I loved both of them.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

They were nowhere near poor choices. But at the time of their respective Predator movies, they weren't A-list actors though. Brody was once upon a time, but only briefly and that was for a couple of years after his Oscar win. He's been struggling ever since and he needed Predators more than it needed him. And all Glover had was two Lethal Weapons(second fiddle to Mad Max), and supporting roles in Witness and The Color Purple. Great movies, great roles, but... He hadn't proven himself as someone that could open a movie. And Predator 2's box office didn't help his cause. Now if Fox had chosen Bruce Willis or Mel Gibson for the role, then that would've been an A-list choice. But we know they wanted to keep costs down, because they were also contemplating using Seagal.

An A-list choice would be someone like, well, Affleck or Cooper. An actor who doesn't need the movie but stars in the movie. Both of these men have shown they have the capacity to open a movie, provided the movie is good. The Town, Argo, American Sniper, etc.

Let's even look at the first Predator. Arnold didn't need Predator, he already had Conan the Barbarian and The Terminator. He was a Golden Globe winner. But yes, Glover and Brody are fine actors. There's no denying that. But they're character actors, not leading men. So it's not a question of being a great actor, but being an A-lister.

BishopShouldGo

The Predator might be filming elsewhere too, such as Brazil or Australia.

Corporal Hicks

If it's going to be set all over (Black said something to this effect, I believe), I'd expect to see it film in quite a few places. Judging from the length of the shoot though, Vancouver might be where the bulk of it is shot though.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 08, 2016, 08:03:39 AM
If it's going to be set all over (Black said something to this effect, I believe), I'd expect to see it film in quite a few places. Judging from the length of the shoot though, Vancouver might be where the bulk of it is shot though.

Didn't he also say it was going to be set on Earth too?

Corporal Hicks

IIRC yeah. No off-world locations.

BishopShouldGo

Which is great. Means no gimmicks, and that it'll be all about the story and characters. Wouldn't mind a quick scene on their planet though.

Darkoo

New Vancouver filming dates
The Predator is expected to film from [October 17th to February 18th next year] in metro Vancouver with the production code OLLIE, according to today's Directors Guild of Canada -BC Production List.
http://yvrshoots.com/2016/06/big-budget-shane-blacks-the-predator-sequel-to-film-in-vancouver-this-fall.html#.V5w-FLiLTIV

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Thanks Darkoo. The damn list is offline though.

Nevermind! Got it! https://www.dgc.ca/assets/Uploads/BritishColumbia/AvailsProductionLists/Documents/Production-List.pdf

BishopShouldGo

Shane, please keep hounding Affleck. Do it! Do it Affleck! You know you want to work with Shane.

Corporal Hicks

I can't help but feel the rewrites and the push back are due to someone's availability. I remember Shane talking about it before but I can't find the source.

BishopShouldGo

Maybe Ben needed some rest after JL? I'm so optimistic for him lol.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/exclusive-shane-black-talks-predator-plans-to-shoot-in-september-382

"I think we're looking at end of September, maybe. Latest would be October, depending on casting. We might have to go over if we cast someone who isn't available yet. But if we get the right guys, September."

KingXD

KingXD

So far only 50 Cent have been confirmed as one of actors for this movie?

overthere

The original shooting was supposed to be from September to December. Now it's October to February. That means there's an additional month of shooting now. I guess that's good news. More time to get it right.

Whiskeybrewer

Well as a secret codename Ollie doesnt work anymore. I would have called it "HeadShot, Bitch".
Yes I've been watching Online Gamer on Reckless Tortuga

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed