I'm going to just say it.

Started by Xenofitch06, Jun 10, 2016, 06:16:30 AM

Author
I'm going to just say it. (Read 31,081 times)

Jango1201

Jango1201

$5 at some 5 Below stores here in NY.

Praetorian Guard

Praetorian Guard

Not the best game, but it still had its good parts, like the levels and sounds.

windebieste

windebieste

*sigh*

Too bad no SDK was ever released for this game. 

'ALIENS' + Unreal Engine 3 + Modding...

Such a wasted opportunity right there.

-Windebieste.

Flexserve

Flexserve

Quote from: windebieste on May 15, 2017, 04:17:26 AM
*sigh*

Too bad no SDK was ever released for this game. 

'ALIENS' + Unreal Engine 3 + Modding...

Such a wasted opportunity right there.

-Windebieste.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/templargfxs-acm-overhaul

This makes the game at least bearable.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

False advertising aside, I thought the game was okay.  It was nothing great, but my obsession with the franchise kept me entertained.

Cellien

Cellien

Playing the game co-op turns it from a mediocre game to a really fun game.  I was just messing around in the campaign and it's honestly not that bad.  When I first played it, the biggest problem were the bugs (as in errors, not aliens :P).  The game itself is fine; it fits the Colonial Marines attitude, if not a bit shallow.

Olde

Olde

Quote from: Cellien on Aug 15, 2017, 02:52:48 AM
Playing the game co-op turns it from a mediocre game to a really fun game.  I was just messing around in the campaign and it's honestly not that bad.  When I first played it, the biggest problem were the bugs (as in errors, not aliens :P).  The game itself is fine; it fits the Colonial Marines attitude, if not a bit shallow.
Agreed. Shitty games can be great when played cooperatively with friends. The game is soul-crushing when played alone, though.

PsyKore

PsyKore

Yeah, I played through it with a friend and it was probably the most hilarious gaming we've ever had. I swear, if Leslie Nielsen popped up as a cameo somewhere, it would've put the icing on the cake. :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Completely agree. I had some great co-op games on this. I still think the MP was actually pretty fun when you had a full server too.

Cellien

Cellien

I tried to play multi the other week and it couldn't find a single game.  I heard the Bug Hunt DLC was good.  Unfortunately I have the original Steam version which didn't come with the Bug Hunt DLC and now you can't buy it separately.  I'd have to re-buy the full version to get it.  Lame.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

You can get the full lot for like £5 on the sales.

Olde

Olde

It's also fun to note that if you're at all decent at FPS's, this game is best played on the hardest difficulty mode, Ultimate Badass. Although it removes your HUD, we found it's actually a benefit rather than a hindrance because the HUD is extremely ugly. You can always aim down sights or scope in to aim perfectly if you want, and you can always see how many bullets you have for the pulse rifle because the numerical indicator is on the weapon model. It's also not much of a challenge with more than one player on even the Hardened difficulty, and Ultimate Badass enables friendly fire.

Cellien

Cellien

Nice.  Yeah, I'm trying to get some of my friends and my wife on so we can tear shit up in co-op.  Probably go for the hard settings.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Are we Steam friends? Can't remember ever playing with you in the past.

Cellien

Cellien

Don't think so, but I'm on the AvPGalaxy Group. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed