Kotobukiya Big Chap minifigs

Started by Mr. Domino, Jun 08, 2016, 10:45:02 PM

Author
Kotobukiya Big Chap minifigs (Read 1,542 times)

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=KOT11465&mode=retail

Was surprised there was no topic for these yet! They were solicited a few months ago, and just showed up at my shop today. I love them! There's six in the set, all in various silly/domestic poses. I'm already thinking of lots of creative things to do with them - painting them in different color schemes, getting my fiance to make tiny clothing for them, etc.

I'd post some in-hand photos, but I can'tell figure out how to make my phone camera take stuff small enough for attachments.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I really want to get these things because the poses are hilarious, but $9 a pop is a tough pill to swallow.

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Well, they do come 2 to a box, so it'should actually $4.50/figure. Still a bit on the high side, but they'really imported, and the detail level'so pretty solid.

LarsVader

LarsVader

There are things I don't understand, of those many listings from ebay.
If I buy a full box, will it contain 6 x 2 = 12 figures?
And does it guarantee that there is a complete set of six different ones in there?
Or would I be better of buying an opened and checked set of six figures for more money?

Corporal Hicks

It looks like you will get 2 complete sets so you should be fine.  :)

LarsVader

LarsVader

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 09, 2016, 10:52:58 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7d4J9dTmLI

It looks like you will get 2 complete sets so you should be fine.  :)
That was helpful, thanks!

Now to figure out if the sellers mean 6 packs or 6 figures. *ugh*

ordered  :P

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Well which did the seller mean, and how much did it cost? Don't leave us hanging! (like the hanging alien figure)

LarsVader

LarsVader

Got it directly from Japan,
$55,
free expedited shipping,
1 Box,
6 packs per box,
2 Aliens per pack.
There's a chance of additional import fees (about 10-20%).

I think it's pretty expensive for what you get.
But I just fell in love with those little fellows.  :-*
Maybe I'll make about half the money back if I decide to sell the second set.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Heck, I'd buy the second set off you if you end up with a second complete set. I'm serious, send me a PM or whatever.

LarsVader

LarsVader

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jun 09, 2016, 04:08:40 PM
Heck, I'd buy the second set off you if you end up with a second complete set. I'm serious, send me a PM or whatever.
But that would be shipping from Germany.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

...oh. Welp. :(

Vark_

Vark_

A little copy-paste, I reviewed one of these a few days ago in another thread :)
QuoteGot me one of these 6 little Kotobukiya figures, really tiny but yhe sculpt is Konami-like : very well detailed for the scale and price. Unpainted though, made of dark mate soft plastic, but still worth the money. The pose of mine -like the others on this serie- is really goofy for a xenomorph to take, that's the essence of its charm.

Since they're really small (a little more than 2 inches) it is useless to display them on a huge room, they don't look good from afar, so you'll fully enjoy their mightiness at less than a meter from your face. I put this fellow laying lazily on top of my computer screen, so I can watch it while typing this message ^^.

Go for them !

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jun 08, 2016, 10:55:22 PM
I really want to get these things because the poses are hilarious, but $9 a pop is a tough pill to swallow.

But they come from Japan.
At least that's how i excuse this stuff.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jun 09, 2016, 09:26:01 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Jun 08, 2016, 10:55:22 PM

But they come from Japan.
At least that's how i excuse this stuff.
A lot of stuff comes from Japan and China, but it doesn't cost me $4.50 for a 2" figurine.

Vark_

Vark_

Oh well  ::) ... shipping included, mine cost 15€ (around 20 bucks) on Eb*y. It was no blind buy, that explains somehow the price (although I don't like this kind of inflation), so I had the opportunity to choose -real hard- which one I was gonna get.

Still I think these figures are worth the price, the sculpt is really nicely done (details are Konami grade) and the poses are hilarious, that's not just another Big chap in whatever scale / spooky pose. Besides, since they're Alien Day merchandise they'll come pretty rare really soon and prices will raise like many "cheap" and tiny Alien stuff, for instance Hallmark ornament / NECA xeno scaler, so if one is interested in getting one, better now than later.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed