Watch Dogs 2 (Read 1,853 times)

MoonerSK

MoonerSK

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Waiting on that inevitable Ubisoft downgrade

Randomizer

Randomizer

The first game screwed up my 360's disc drive. What were the odds?

Sabby

Sabby

I liked Watch Dogs. It was nothing fantastic, just a decent game that was horrifically overhyped. This could be good.

MoonerSK

MoonerSK

Sabby

Sabby

Damn, that was actually pretty good. Didn't seem unreasonably staged or implausible. I'm sure there'll be a downgrade of some kind, but this just felt a lot more honest.

MoonerSK

MoonerSK

g2vd

g2vd

I'm honestly surprised there is a sequel coming out given the very lukewarm reception the first got.

Gate

Gate

Quote from: g2vd on Aug 17, 2016, 04:19:07 PM
I'm honestly surprised there is a sequel coming out given the very lukewarm reception the first got.
I felt enchanted by the appearance and idea of the game. Aiden Pearce could've been Bruce Wayne if the game hadn't sucked.

I'll give this game a shot, not sure if I'm buying it on a console.

f**k me, I bought a ps4 and then found all my love on steam.

shadowedge

shadowedge

There is a nice Aliens vs Predator reference in Watch Dogs 2. Do you agree with this assessment?

Randomizer

Randomizer

That's it. I give Watch Dogs 2 a chance.  :D

g2vd

g2vd

Quote from: shadowedge on Nov 18, 2016, 11:26:38 PM
There is a nice Aliens vs Predator reference in Watch Dogs 2. Do you agree with this assessment?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoSd8uhO7Yg
HAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHA!

The people who made that game are Nerds like us! I totally want to buy it now just for that.

If only there was a Godzilla reference.

Sabby

Sabby

I've been playing Watch Dogs 2 for a few days now.

This is better than Grand Theft Auto 5. This is still surreal to me, because I love GTA5, but this game is just better in a lot of ways.

The police are much more aggressive and difficult to escape, the pedestrians and streets seem more lively and varied, the Millenial/Hacker humor is genuinely funny (there's some cringe, but it's enjoyable), the character movement is a lot more responsive and tight, and it's just fun. The pointless, flashy parkour shouldn't be this entertaining.

I also think the reasoning behind the missions is quite clever. Publicity stunts and viral marketing (the excuse for many of the activities and side missions) get you extra Followers, who download your App to keep track of Deadsec events and stunts. Anyone using the App gives access to their processing power (voluntarily), which is needed for a very large profile hack that the story is centered around.

I'm really adoring this game.

MoonerSK

MoonerSK

Quote from: Sabby on Jan 24, 2017, 04:34:00 PM
I've been playing Watch Dogs 2 for a few days now.

This is better than Grand Theft Auto 5. This is still surreal to me, because I love GTA5, but this game is just better in a lot of ways.

The police are much more aggressive and difficult to escape, the pedestrians and streets seem more lively and varied, the Millenial/Hacker humor is genuinely funny (there's some cringe, but it's enjoyable), the character movement is a lot more responsive and tight, and it's just fun. The pointless, flashy parkour shouldn't be this entertaining.

I also think the reasoning behind the missions is quite clever. Publicity stunts and viral marketing (the excuse for many of the activities and side missions) get you extra Followers, who download your App to keep track of Deadsec events and stunts. Anyone using the App gives access to their processing power (voluntarily), which is needed for a very large profile hack that the story is centered around.

I'm really adoring this game.

So I finally have some free time from school and you just have to bring this game to my attention again. Goodby time, goodbye money ;D
A bit more seriously, glad you're enjoying it. Might get it myself, just their spyware anti-cheat system is putting me off. What platform are you playing on?

Sabby

Sabby

PC. I heard about some performance issues at launch, but it's running fine for me. There's a really good guide on Steam Discussions about settings and which should be turned down if you have issues.

Another thing I didn't say, the driving is really tight as well. I can actually drift, for one.

EDIT: FUTHERMORE

Spoiler
Scientology is an enemy faction in the plot, and it's a really good representation of them so far. They do not shy away from the details.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed