Dm_Dry_Dock_1.0 (DOWNLOAD)

Started by x-M-x, Jun 03, 2016, 09:58:30 AM

Author
Dm_Dry_Dock_1.0 (DOWNLOAD) (Read 8,515 times)

x-M-x

x-M-x

Hey all  :)

New map for Aliens vs. predator 2 guys! get it while it's hot!!!

PREVIEW PICS

HOSTED BY AVPUNKNOWN

HOSTED BY AVPNATION

Big thanks to Windebieste!

Now get downloading guys!

- Happy Hunting

x-M-x

windebieste

windebieste

Thanks for posting, x-M-x. 

As a very special bonus included in this download, you will also receive an extra Alien character skin to run around and chomp on your prey.  The design of the skin is based on the monster from the first film by Deathly rYan and it perfectly complements the Nostromo theme with this complete make over for the Drone character.

FREE ALIEN SKIN INCLUDED WITH THIS MAP!

Deathly rYan is currently involved in an extensive graphic update of the game. 

Don't forget!  I'm very interested in seeing any videos you may post on YouTube.  Please post your links in this thread.  Would love to see footage of people playing on this map.  Thanks for downloading.  Enjoy!

-Windebieste.

Chris P

Chris P

It's so refreshing to see people still playing and modding this game.  :)

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

We are long over due a new Avp for the Ps4. It would be so sick and badass to get a New AVP Game for the Ps4 that is scary and has online! Online multiplayer maps... 1) The Predators Preserve Planet 2) The Pyramid from Avp 1 but actually done movie accurate this time being much darker for Infestation! 3) Alien 3 Map! 4) New Jungle Map from Pred 1. The possibilities are endless and the replayable factor will always be there! There are still people playing Avp 2010 including me! We just need a new game already. These games take along time to make and to think that a new game would of already been out by now. A new Avp game with Occulus Rift/ VR set would be sick!!!!!!!! If not a New Avp, I would love to see Predator Concrete Jungle 2!!! The ending was left open for a sequel. one or the other would love to have.

windebieste

windebieste

Thanks for posting this as News.  Greatly appreciated  ;)

One of my motives for making this map for a game that is 15 years old, is to express my disdain at the lack of modability in 'our' games during the past years. 'AvP 2010', 'A:CM' and 'ALIEN: Isolation' all would have been ideal candidates for modern full blown modding.  But no.  SEGA decided we would be locked out of generating any custom made fan content for those titles.   Especially 'A:CM' as it used Unreal Engine 3, a game design environment thousands of people are familar with. 

So, for fans like myself - and other creative individuals within this Community, we have to resort either to working on unlicenced content or be satisfied with modding a game that is almost old enough to drink alcohol legally. 

Of course there are wider implications here, too.  If there are people still around who are interested in modding such an old game as 'AvP2', then it's simply never too late for SEGA to release mod tools/SDK for any of their more recent titles. 

If at any point SEGA were to release mod tools for either of their recently released games, you know they will be pounced upon with enthusiasm.  There will be mods released within a week.  You know those mods will continue to be delivered by enthusiasts like myself and others for a good decade.   They'll increase in quality and number. 

'AvP2' has proven that modders want to embrace such tools.  The fans want to see such content.  Is it not in the interest for publishers to provide what their market desires?  Why is the math so hard?  Fear of assets leaking may be one reason.  More than likely, though, not understanding their market is the cause.

I started modding this game when it was released in 2001.  It is now 2016.  I've released dozens of items of content, especially prior to  2010.  Will I continue to make mods for this game in the future?

Well, if the next 'ALIEN' game lacks modding support, presumably so.  So will others.  This map is intended as a celebration of this Community's love for the game and to the modders who've kept it alive.  It's also intended as a plea for SEGA or other publishers taking on the licence to give the creative element of this Community some consideration in their next title.  There's no stopping the creativity this Community is capable of.  It just makes sense for the publisher to embrace it.

Thank you for reading.  Thank you for downloading.  Thank you for being such an amazing Community!  ;D

-Windebieste.

Vrastal

Vrastal

Any plans for Any single player maps? I always loved playing your sp. great story great levels.

windebieste

windebieste

Not at the moment, no. 

Mind you, I am toying with the idea of transforming Dry Dock into a single player map.  Not only does re-purposing an already extant map to this end cut down development time, but the map itself is large enough to accommodate a proper SP experience. 

Right now, however, I have other Projects on my plate that need attention.  Maybe later.  Mind you, there are other Authors currently engaged in making their own SP 'AvP2' Projects.  There's definitely still more to look forward to.

-Windebieste.

MaXenaeL

MaXenaeL

Wow! Windie still rules!  ;)

Hey, Windebieste, did you at last finished Statue Redux? I still have your screenshots, but cann't find in Web

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: windebieste on Jun 07, 2016, 12:12:06 AM
Thanks for posting this as News.  Greatly appreciated  ;)

No worries. It's really nice to actually be able to post something like that. Sorry it took so long. Wasn't really in the mood for anything Sunday or Monday.

Uzielsquibb

Uzielsquibb

Seeing your content brings me back to my childhood and my PlanetAvP days.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Wow man, after all these years someone still making maps for this game, I remember playing with you guys in the early and mid 2000's, amazing, great memories.

DarkXeno

DarkXeno

Good ol maps and asking Acid Glow to help me figure out why the downloads didn't work come to find out my internet was too slow.

windebieste

windebieste

Good ol' 'Planet Avp'...  Them's woz the days.  Them's days is long gone.  *sigh* 

No matter.  'AvP2' will never die! 

What's the count on this map now.  How many times has it been downloaded?   If it's hit triple figures, I'll be happy with that!   ;D

-Windebieste.

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: windebieste on Jun 19, 2016, 10:33:58 AM
Good ol' 'Planet Avp'...  Them's woz the days.  Them's days is long gone.  *sigh* 

No matter.  'AvP2' will never die! 

What's the count on this map now.  How many times has it been downloaded?   If it's hit triple figures, I'll be happy with that!   ;D

-Windebieste.

Not sure on the figures since released (need to track that)

but today it got  39 downloads (thats today)

**EDIT**

make that 42 NOW.

:D

windebieste

windebieste

haha... nice.  There's obviously still interest in this game.  ...and interest in fresh content for it. 

The big question is, When will Fox learn?

-Windebieste.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed