Am I The Only One Who Thinks The...

Started by PRJ_since1990, May 21, 2016, 01:02:38 AM

Do you like the name "The Predator?"

Yes
No
Indifferent
Author
Am I The Only One Who Thinks The... (Read 6,590 times)

PRJ_since1990

...title is just not strong enough? I'm really not sold on "The Predator." The prior 2 sequels had smart naming choices. This one, which aims to revitalize, wants to show a strong connection to the first film. I get it. But to throw a "The" in front of the original title? Why not do what FOX is doing with Alien by using colons and subtitles? Alien: Covenant.....Predator: Concrete Jungle (for example), like all the comics have done?

I realize this is just speculation and opinion, but I would really like to know how many of you are cool with the new title and how many are not. 

overthere

I got used to it. Though the title will cause a lot of confusion when we talk about the movie, especially to casual fans.

System Apollo

We would just resort to nicknaming it Predator 4.

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

The title doesnt matter too much to me, only if the movie is quality or not.

Primordial

I feel it is the correct title, in line with him wanting the movie to be an 'event'.

Master

How I miss the times when sequels had numbers. Seriously I`d pick Predator III or IV anyday insted Predators or The Predator.

Johnny Handsome

I like the title, pretty bold.

Darkness

I think it will surely be changed. It's just so lazy and uncreative. There's a million subtitles that you could use.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on May 21, 2016, 08:08:31 AMI like the title, pretty bold.

Agreed.

Quote from: Darkness on May 21, 2016, 10:29:12 AMI think it will surely be changed. It's just so lazy and uncreative. There's a million subtitles that you could use.

Why does every single movie need a subtitle these days? I miss when film's just had simple, straightforward titles.

Predator_Spirit

I love it.it sounds like a strong statement .

Like John woos The Killer.

whiterabbit

The Predator works for me. Simple and to the point. Although I guess the title could be mistaken for a Bill Cosby movie.

overthere

A lot of languages don't have the English article "The", so there's no way to differentiate between Predator or The Predator. Those translations will have to resort to an improvised subtitle.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: overthere on May 21, 2016, 01:59:13 AM
I got used to it. Though the title will cause a lot of confusion when we talk about the movie, especially to casual fans.
Yeah this thought crossed my mind. Although, like the Godzilla films, what with 3 of them called "Godzilla," fans will often add the year or the film company that made it to differentiate.
Quote from: Darkness on May 21, 2016, 10:29:12 AM
I think it will surely be changed. It's just so lazy and uncreative. There's a million subtitles that you could use.
That's why I think it's so weak. When you have a book series, don't they usually have different names? Harry Potter AND THE...(whatever) or Star Wars Episode (number): (whatever)... etc. None of these names are lazy, they actually help emphasize something important to the story.

I know plenty of people are used to it now. However, we got used to Prometheus 2...then Paradise Lost...names can be changed to better suit the film. I'm not condemning anyone, if you like it, that's cool. 

Corporal Hicks

I must admit I didn't like it at first but it's grown on me. Depending on where Black and Dekker go with the story, it could be quite as apt as Predators. I don't think every film needs to have a numbered or subtitled title.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 23, 2016, 10:01:42 AMBlack and Dekker

:laugh: Still can't believe I missed that first time around.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed