New Alien: Covenant Set Photos Reveal Extraterrestrial Massacre!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 20, 2016, 08:45:04 AM

Author
New Alien: Covenant Set Photos Reveal Extraterrestrial Massacre! (Read 53,981 times)

Corporal Hicks

New Alien: Covenant set photos reveal extraterrestrial massacre! The Daily Mail website has just uploaded a number of pictures taken at a quarry in Sydney. They show what appears to be the aftermath of a massacre. There appears to be a mix of scorched, as if petrified, humanoids (possibly Engineers themselves?) and aliens, not the capital A variety, locked in their death throes.

New Alien: Covenant set photos reveal extraterrestrial massacre!

New Alien: Covenant set photos reveal extraterrestrial massacre!

“These are the incredible photos taken from the set of upcoming sci-fi blockbuster Alien: Covenant, which is being filmed at an undisclosed location in Sydney, Australia.

The pictures were snapped at a quarry in the New South Wales capital on Thursday and show dramatic scenes of scorched human bodies twisted in despair and some being attacked by extra-terrestrial beings, similar to those from the Alien film series.

Directed by Oscar-nominated Sir Ridley Scott, the long-awaited sequel to 2012’s Prometheus appeared to be coming along nicely Down Under as production staff were shown against the backdrop of a grand, otherworldly set piece featuring huge blocks of charred stone and mysterious hieroglyphs.

One heart-stopping image shows around two dozen ashen human forms which are eerily frozen in moments of panic and horror as they desperately clamber up a set of steps.

In another shot taken from a greater distance, there is a more complete view of the set which features three tall stone slabs which obscure the greenery and car park behind. 

Against the industrial background of the quarry, the set of Alien: Covenant (previously known as Prometheus 2) also features some remarkable aged stone edifices which are engraved with hieroglyph-like writing.

Reflecting a haunting dystopia or end-of-civilisation scenario, several huge monuments appear toppled and strewn across the dry landscape and a tremendously large stone structure of a man’s face is left cracked and half-decapitated.

Juxtaposed next to the modern film machinery – including a large red and white crane, barricade tape and several work vehicles – the unfamiliar set and perfectly still human forms look disturbing and out-of-place.

Elsewhere, a series of huge, tree-like stumps were shown growing out of a barren rocky landscape – and the sheer scope of the design was highlighted by a solitary crew member.”

Several pictures reveal a connection to the Engineer culture, showing the broken remnants of an Engineer monument (as seen in Prometheus and previously pictured at Fox’s Syndey Studios) and Engineer hieroglyphs:

Set pictures taken at a quarry in Sydney show the broken remnants of an Engineer monument.

Set pictures taken at a quarry in Sydney show the broken remnants of an Engineer monument.

Is this Paradise or are we seeing another world that the Engineers once shepherded over? Perhaps this is the aftermath of an Engineer experiment gone wrong? What is your take on these latest pictures?

locusta

So, David was really busy to avenge on the Engineers?

Corporal Hicks

I have a feeling this might be some sort of flashback or recording of some variety, showing some failed experiment of the Engineers.

Stolen

Incredible sets   :o :o

lv_226

There is so much going on here.

I am glad that they kept some consistencies with Prometheus like the pseudo-cuneiform language on their architecture, and obviously the large Engineer head. I can't help but assume some similarities with the latter film as well as the concept of an "end of civilization event" mirrors the Engineer facility's fate. The alien/humanoid figures look very much like the very early concept art of the Engineers (tall, slender) before the film was fashioned into Prometheus (larger, more muscular). I would be glad if they were able to work some of that terrific art into the new film as the pre-production of Prometheus afforded it some very wonderful ideas, IMO. The planet surface seems to be completely decimated, at least from what is shown, I wonder if the catastrophe was *cough* engineered *cough* or if their civilization fell as a result of a natural cataclysm (these images remind me a lot of photographs I have seen of the tragedy at Pompeii and how the bodies are frozen into place).

Thank you Corporal for the scoop!

felipescado

well it does look creepy

Enoch

DaddyYautja

What are the chances that this movie is going to end up with the plot similar to the second AVP movie?  :laugh:

Glaive

Glaive

Well, THAT certainly bumps my expectations for this film...Very 'Paradise Lost'...

The question being...what are these 'humans' struggling to get to /supplicate?

Xenoscream

Firstly I think it would be good to start getting spoiler warnings before the main images on the main page, as much as I think it's not a huge deal this time I'd hate to check the site and get a full monster reveal. Just my 2c.

On the pictures, I'd say it looks like an engineer wipe out scenario - i.e. what they were planning on doing to Earth. Looks like the human-like people were running to a temple for safety, and the big engineer head would suggest that they worshipped them. Also the way they died suggests some cemical attack or heat i.e. if it was Aliens which attacked they would all be ripped apart. Fits in nicely with the bio warfare theme.

I think what the crew will find is a world which has been started and then later wiped out. I don't believe these are the engineers themselves we are seeing. Which could suggest they will visit more than one planet.

szkoki

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenoscream on May 20, 2016, 10:19:38 AM
Firstly I think it would be good to start getting spoiler warnings before the main images on the main page, as much as I think it's not a huge deal this time I'd hate to check the site and get a full monster reveal. Just my 2c.

Sorry to just pick this one out to reply to right now but this came up in relation to the old set pictures. AvP Galaxy has and will continue to be a site that has reported on and posted spoilers straight up on its front page. That's what most people come here for.

People complained in relation to those spoilers being posted on the social media platforms (because they were more casual fans). It was decided at that time that the front page would remain a spoiler-zone but we implemented certain features to cover that on social media (and the forum's headlines box).

Quote from: szkoki on May 20, 2016, 10:23:27 AM
i see no xenos

There aren't any. They're something else.

Quote from: Xenoscream on May 20, 2016, 10:19:38 AM
I think what the crew will find is a world which has been started and then later wiped out. I don't believe these are the engineers themselves we are seeing. Which could suggest they will visit more than one planet.

This is what leads me to believe it'll be a recording or flashback of some variety. I don't think the main characters will be travelling to some other planet but it maybe something David (or the crew) find and watch.

Quote from: lv_226 on May 20, 2016, 09:54:48 AM
Thank you Corporal for the scoop!

It's my job to serve you guys!

Johnny Handsome

Those pics have a Pompeii feeling to them.

Nice sets, i think this movie will be significantly bigger than i imagined. I just hope we will see the actual Aliens this time, the creatures in Prometheus were pretty lame, it's like watching Jaws without the shark, not satisfying to me.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on May 20, 2016, 10:44:34 AM
Nice sets, i think this movie will be significantly bigger than i imagined. I just hope we will see the actual Aliens this time, the creatures in Prometheus were pretty lame, it's like watching Jaws without the shark, not satisfying to me.

Me too, Johnny. Though I do love the idea of some other potential alien civilization! I think that's what excites me most about these images.

Infected

Infected

the engineer struggling with the deacon looking thing looks funny and interesting two big dudes hitting it off, they probably died during the eruption of that lava mountain thing and they are stoned for life.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed