What is the white stuff in Kane's Helmet?

Started by mace-in-the-face, May 17, 2016, 04:26:28 AM

Author
What is the white stuff in Kane's Helmet? (Read 8,784 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 20, 2016, 05:18:33 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on May 20, 2016, 08:05:12 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on May 19, 2016, 11:42:56 PM
I don't have a double-standard.  The movie always trumps the EU. 
That tells me everything I need to know. Fair enough, you're more than welcome to your opinion, thanks. :)

You didn't know that already?  In that thread I linked to, I also said this:

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 10, 2013, 02:06:52 AM
There are people (especially within Star Wars fandom) who would insist that the EU trumps what can be gleaned from the films.

Did you think I was referring to myself?
No, I thought you were referring to times where the EU's number doesn't make sense and is demonstrably false when compared to the films, such as the Executor's size.

"[X source] always trump everything, even when it's wrong or doesn't make sense" always struck me as a wacky position to take with any franchise, but to each their own I guess. Like, we're still talking about fiction which can be retconned at a moment's notice.

Edit-- removed a question that I realized I didn't care if I got the answer to (and could have guessed the answer anyway).

Local Trouble

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 20, 2016, 05:53:02 PM"[X source] always trump everything, even when it's wrong or doesn't make sense" always struck me as a wacky position to take with any franchise, but to each their own I guess. Like, we're still talking about fiction which can be retconned at a moment's notice.

12 parsecs.  Deal with it.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 20, 2016, 08:06:48 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on May 20, 2016, 05:53:02 PM"[X source] always trump everything, even when it's wrong or doesn't make sense" always struck me as a wacky position to take with any franchise, but to each their own I guess. Like, we're still talking about fiction which can be retconned at a moment's notice.

12 parsecs.  Deal with it.
I'm not ashamed to say this post sailed right over my head.

426Buddy

This thread was more entertaining when it was about white stuff coming out of a tube monster.

Xenomrph

Quote from: 420Buddy on May 20, 2016, 08:23:43 PM
This thread was more entertaining when it was about white stuff coming out of a tube monster.
Um excuse me it's a rape spider thank you very much.

mace-in-the-face

Can we get back on my topic? If you want to bitch about a book, there is a literature forum for that. Speaking of books, does the Alien novel say anything about the white stuff?

blood.

Quote from: mace-in-the-face on May 17, 2016, 04:26:28 AM
When they cut the helmet off him in Alien. What is the white stuff filling up the inside of his helmet?

Local Trouble

Quote from: mace-in-the-face on May 22, 2016, 04:31:17 AM
Can we get back on my topic? If you want to bitch about a book, there is a literature forum for that. Speaking of books, does the Alien novel say anything about the white stuff?

Well, how about some screenshots from before and after the helmet is opened?  Play close attention to the top of the second pic.  The glass appears to melted inward.

And notice that the white stuff is completely gone immediately after the helmet is removed.  I say it was just fogged up so much that it looked opaque.

Xenomrph

Melted inward makes sense, it's how the facehugger got through the glass.

Also as you've pointed out, the stuff is gone when the helmet is removed, which lends credence to the idea that it's fumes or vapor from the facehugger's acid.

SiL

It's not completely gone. The helmets are pretty much foggy the second they put them on before heading down to the surface until they cut it off Kane.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 23, 2016, 02:57:13 AM
Also as you've pointed out, the stuff is gone when the helmet is removed, which lends credence to the idea that it's fumes or vapor from the facehugger's acid.

Since vaporous acid would probably harm Kane's flesh, I tend to think it was just regular fog.  Like what you get on your windshield on a cold day.  Given the atmospheric conditions on LV-426, I don't think that's hard to believe.

Quote from: SiL on May 23, 2016, 09:29:42 AM
It's not completely gone. The helmets are pretty much foggy the second they put them on before heading down to the surface until they cut it off Kane.

It's gone enough that you can see the color of Dallas' surgical gown pretty clearly through the face plate.

SiL

True, but it's still cloudy.

Local Trouble

It'll be fine after they wipe it down with a microfiber cloth.  Well, except for being cut in half and all.

Xenomrph

That's what duct tape is for.

SiL

Duct tape is for the soviets, real men just hold it in place.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed