What is the white stuff in Kane's Helmet?

Started by mace-in-the-face, May 17, 2016, 04:26:28 AM

Author
What is the white stuff in Kane's Helmet? (Read 8,779 times)

mace-in-the-face

When they cut the helmet off him in Alien. What is the white stuff filling up the inside of his helmet?

Xenomrph

I figured it was vapor or fumes from either the cutting torch or the facehugger's acid that burned through the faceplate.

Elmazalman

Frost from the planet's atmosphere.Imo.

Inverse Effect

Melted helmet Residue? or maybe something Secreted from the Face hugger itself? so that Kane's face isn't frozen due to his helmet being broken?

Local Trouble

It looks like meringue, but I think it's actually just fog.  The glass itself looks like it was melted inward towards Kane's face, which would make sense.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Guts on May 17, 2016, 12:22:29 PM
or maybe something Secreted from the Face hugger itself?

Well, it did have a pair of balls.  :laugh:

whiterabbit

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on May 17, 2016, 02:18:25 PM
Quote from: Guts on May 17, 2016, 12:22:29 PM
or maybe something Secreted from the Face hugger itself?

Well, it did have a pair of balls.  :laugh:
It was love at first sight!

426Buddy

426Buddy

The hugger releases a white substance upon inserting its tube into a persons mouth.   :o

Just like me  ;)

Local Trouble

Does the SMTM explain it?

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 18, 2016, 11:25:34 PM
Does the SMTM explain it?
I take it you mean the Weyland Yutani Report? No.
And comparing that to the CMTM is awfully generous; even SM would probably agree.

Local Trouble

While I personally think the CMTM is hot garbage.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 19, 2016, 06:47:26 PM
While I personally think the CMTM is hot garbage.
"Hot garbage"? Well that, uh, that sure is a hell of an opinion.

426Buddy

Yeah thats the first time i've ever heard someone say that about the CMTM, especially over a couple of mathmatical or gramatical errors. It's unquestionably a wonderfully well put together in-universe manual.

Xenomrph

Quote from: 420Buddy on May 19, 2016, 07:40:00 PM
Yeah thats the first time i've ever heard someone say that about the CMTM, especially over a couple of mathmatical or gramatical errors. It's unquestionably a wonderfully well put together in-universe manual.
Just for chuckles I checked Amazon to see if the book has any negative reviews. It has two: one of them says (in essence), "I didn't like the artwork", and the other said "too much text, not enough pictures".
Like, 'Alien' (the film) has similar mathematical and grammatical errors (one of which is brought up in the thread he linked). I guess it's hot garbage, too?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Any technical manual that fails at getting the actual technical stuff right has no business being treated as a reliable source of technical information.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed