Shane Black Talks The Predator Costume Design!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 13, 2016, 05:12:09 AM

Author
Shane Black Talks The Predator Costume Design! (Read 32,916 times)

The Shuriken

Quote from: RakaiThwei on May 16, 2016, 06:09:40 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 16, 2016, 06:05:58 AM
Scar and Crucified/Classic are enough for me.

Scar was an attempt at the original design?

Crucified, definitely for sure.. which... felt shoe-horned in for fan appeal.

And then they decapitated him.... :-\

overthere

Crucified in Predators was the greatest thing in the movie. It didn't feel shoe horned at all to me. I would have preferred he won the fight and gave them a ride back to Earth.
Imagine he drops them off, then gets a bit further away from them and goes hunting.

426Buddy

A lot of the problem I had with crucified and the AvP predators is that they just don't look good to me. All the preds in the first 2 films looked great to me, but every time I see them in the other films I can only see the effect.  I think its partially the way the mandibles rest, close, and open.

Whatever it is, for some reason its stands out to me.

Shaeffer11

I can remember cheering when Crucified got his gauntlet and mask back...I was half in the bag on opening night for Predators but still it was great to see that scene

overthere

Predator 2 had cartoonish eyes. Especially in the scene where he says "motherf**ker". I hate that scene.

426Buddy

Quote from: overthere on Jun 01, 2016, 04:10:21 PM
Predator 2 had cartoonish eyes. Especially in the scene where he says "motherf**ker". I hate that scene.

This it true, still he and his ship-mates look better than anything since lol

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: overthere on Jun 01, 2016, 04:10:21 PM

I love this scene.The eyes looks great in it.First he's knocked out so he seems to be exhausted, and when
he says motherf***r his eyes reflect his hatred.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 01, 2016, 03:29:29 PM
A lot of the problem I had with crucified and the AvP predators is that they just don't look good to me. All the preds in the first 2 films looked great to me, but every time I see them in the other films I can only see the effect.  I think its partially the way the mandibles rest, close, and open.

The AvP Predators I agree with you on. It's the lack of moisture on the skin - it just makes them look too fake. Crucified, I liked. I didn't have a problem with any of the designs from Predators. I never had the same issue with KNBs work.

426Buddy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 01, 2016, 08:25:33 PM

The AvP Predators I agree with you on. It's the lack of moisture on the skin - it just makes them look too fake. Crucified, I liked. I didn't have a problem with any of the designs from Predators. I never had the same issue with KNBs work.

I agree that KNB did far better work on Predators than AMD on AvP.

I think largely it came down to the inexperience of the guys wearing the suits and Crucifieds mandible design/operation.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 01, 2016, 08:59:39 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 01, 2016, 08:25:33 PM

I agree that KNB did far better work on Predators than AMD on AvP.

I think largely it came down to the inexperience of the guys wearing the suits and Crucifieds mandible design/operation.
I guess I'm in the minority of actually liking the AvP suits. However, I do see why people don't like the acting (of the predators that is). AMD did their best work on A3 IMO.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Jun 02, 2016, 12:50:29 AM
I guess I'm in the minority of actually liking the AvP suits.

You're not alone, friend... You're not alone. I like them too.

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 02, 2016, 01:14:15 AM
Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Jun 02, 2016, 12:50:29 AM
I guess I'm in the minority of actually liking the AvP suits.

You're not alone, friend... You're not alone. I like them too.
Celtic is best Predator

RakaiThwei

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Jun 02, 2016, 01:29:35 AM
Celtic is best Predator

Personally... I liked them all.

PVTDukeMorrison

The predator designs were probably the best thing about that movie

Corporal Hicks

You guys mean ADI, right?  :P

I think Wolf was great but facially it still had the same issues for me - they just looked too fake. That said, I loved Ian Whyte as the Predators in both of the AvPs, more so in AvPR though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed