User Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Shane Black Talks The Predator Costume Design!  (Read 11247 times)

overthere
Jun 01, 2016, 03:17:43 PM
Reply #76 on: Jun 01, 2016, 03:17:43 PM
Q
Crucified in Predators was the greatest thing in the movie. It didn't feel shoe horned at all to me. I would have preferred he won the fight and gave them a ride back to Earth.
Imagine he drops them off, then gets a bit further away from them and goes hunting.

426Buddy
Jun 01, 2016, 03:29:29 PM
Reply #77 on: Jun 01, 2016, 03:29:29 PM
Q
A lot of the problem I had with crucified and the AvP predators is that they just don't look good to me. All the preds in the first 2 films looked great to me, but every time I see them in the other films I can only see the effect.  I think its partially the way the mandibles rest, close, and open.

Whatever it is, for some reason its stands out to me.

Shaeffer11
Jun 01, 2016, 03:32:18 PM
Reply #78 on: Jun 01, 2016, 03:32:18 PM
Q
I can remember cheering when Crucified got his gauntlet and mask back...I was half in the bag on opening night for Predators but still it was great to see that scene

overthere
Jun 01, 2016, 04:10:21 PM
Reply #79 on: Jun 01, 2016, 04:10:21 PM
Q
Predator 2 had cartoonish eyes. Especially in the scene where he says "motherf**ker". I hate that scene.

Corporal Hicks
Jun 01, 2016, 08:25:33 PM
Reply #82 on: Jun 01, 2016, 08:25:33 PM
Q
A lot of the problem I had with crucified and the AvP predators is that they just don't look good to me. All the preds in the first 2 films looked great to me, but every time I see them in the other films I can only see the effect.  I think its partially the way the mandibles rest, close, and open.

The AvP Predators I agree with you on. It's the lack of moisture on the skin - it just makes them look too fake. Crucified, I liked. I didn't have a problem with any of the designs from Predators. I never had the same issue with KNBs work.

426Buddy
Jun 01, 2016, 08:59:39 PM
Reply #83 on: Jun 01, 2016, 08:59:39 PM
Q

The AvP Predators I agree with you on. It's the lack of moisture on the skin - it just makes them look too fake. Crucified, I liked. I didn't have a problem with any of the designs from Predators. I never had the same issue with KNBs work.

I agree that KNB did far better work on Predators than AMD on AvP.

I think largely it came down to the inexperience of the guys wearing the suits and Crucifieds mandible design/operation.

PRJ_since1990
Jun 02, 2016, 12:50:29 AM
Reply #84 on: Jun 02, 2016, 12:50:29 AM
Q

I agree that KNB did far better work on Predators than AMD on AvP.

I think largely it came down to the inexperience of the guys wearing the suits and Crucifieds mandible design/operation.
I guess I'm in the minority of actually liking the AvP suits. However, I do see why people don't like the acting (of the predators that is). AMD did their best work on A3 IMO.

PVTDukeMorrison
Jun 02, 2016, 01:50:53 AM
Reply #88 on: Jun 02, 2016, 01:50:53 AM
Q
The predator designs were probably the best thing about that movie

Corporal Hicks
Jun 02, 2016, 07:42:46 AM
Reply #89 on: Jun 02, 2016, 07:42:46 AM
Q
You guys mean ADI, right?  :P

I think Wolf was great but facially it still had the same issues for me - they just looked too fake. That said, I loved Ian Whyte as the Predators in both of the AvPs, more so in AvPR though.

Facebook Twitter Instagram Steam RSS Feed