Shane Black Talks The Predator Costume Design!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 13, 2016, 05:12:09 AM

Author
Shane Black Talks The Predator Costume Design! (Read 33,610 times)

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: overthere on May 13, 2016, 10:02:58 AM
I hope by costume they mean the Predator's mask and weapons. For Christ's sake, don't change the look like Predators did. Nothing beats Stan's Predator.

I sincerely doubt that much of a drastic change will come about. We'll still get mandibles and dreadlocks. Hell Shane Black was freaking Hawkins. No way would he approve of something like that.

Predator_Spirit

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on May 13, 2016, 10:13:09 AM
The Predators at the end of the second movie are still the benchmark for me of how to get the character right, yet how to make every single one different and unique.

This.

overthere

overthere

I wonder if they'll make the Predator completely invisible, not just transparent. And their technology is due to fix the water issue. We have waterproof phones, so Predators should be able to fix a glitch with their cloak in water.

Though the transparent effect is sort of a Predator trademark.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: overthere on May 13, 2016, 12:08:16 PM
I wonder if they'll make the Predator completely invisible, not just transparent. And their technology is due to fix the water issue. We have waterproof phones, so Predators should be able to fix a glitch with their cloak in water.

I think it would be quite boring visually if you don't see anything at all, i think it's way cooler when you see that half transparent cloaking effect, and yes, it's a Predator trademark that really doesn't need an update in my book.

Whiskeybrewer

A Predator thats a cross between Jungle Hunter and the Elder from Predator 2 is something i'd be interested in seeing

overthere

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on May 13, 2016, 12:25:28 PM
I think it would be quite boring visually if you don't see anything at all, i think it's way cooler when you see that half transparent cloaking effect, and yes, it's a Predator trademark that really doesn't need an update in my book.

I agree. But the tagline is "You'll never see him coming" :D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I completely agree. It needs to retain its signature shimmer. It's a staple of the series.

I do hope to see some new cool weaponry though. I'd like to finally see a sword being used.

overthere

What if he's completely invisible while standing perfectly still, but you see the outlines while he's moving? That could make for a bit of interesting dynamics.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 13, 2016, 12:34:35 PM

I completely agree. It needs to retain its signature shimmer. It's a staple of the series.

I do hope to see some new cool weaponry though. I'd like to finally see a sword being used.
Every movie introduced some new weaponry, or at least some sort of update on existing weapons. I really think this will too and i really hope so, it's always fun to see some new gadgets and every Predator comes with different toys.

overthere

I wonder if Predator's arm computer can connect to Facebook and Twitter. Predators strike me as the sort who'd happily post pictures of their hunt online.

The Shuriken

I got my fingers crossed for full body armor.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on May 13, 2016, 12:41:57 PM
Every movie introduced some new weaponry, or at least some sort of update on existing weapons. I really think this will too and i really hope so, it's always fun to see some new gadgets and every Predator comes with different toys.

Indeed. I'd just like to specifically see a Predator sword in use. I know we've had those arm sythes and Falconer's wrist blade but I'd love to see an actual in-hand sword. I loved it in Dark Ages. I remember seeing a concept (a fan one?) of a Predator sword with the hilt constructed out of an Alien tongue. That'd be damn cool.

Maybe even see the actual speargun or a non-arm mount netgun would be cool.

I wonder how much Black will take from the sequels.

The Alien Predator

I love that sword from the comic where the Elder got his flintlock pistol from. He had this retractable sword which looked badass.

Mike

Mike

Predator was a Sci-Fi action horror film Predator 2 was the same. Predators was a straight up horror movie. The Predator sounds like it will be a Thriller-action movie with horror elements in it.

RakaiThwei

Some folks are speculating that we're going to be seeing a new sub-species... Personally, I wouldn't want this.

But I really think we're just going to see something along the lines of the first two movies-- the only thing which is perhaps going to change is the armor and the weapons. I hope that definitely is the case.

Then again, I could be reading Shane's statements too deeply..

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed