Aliens: Bug Hunt - Aliens Anthology Announced!

Started by alienscollection.com, May 10, 2016, 08:21:28 PM

Author
Aliens: Bug Hunt - Aliens Anthology Announced! (Read 107,897 times)

Corporal Hicks

Aliens: Bug Hunt, the first Aliens anthology novel has been announced! Breaking the news via Facebook, Jonathan Maberry has revealed that he is editing a brand new Aliens anthology novel focusing on the Colonial Marines to be published in 2017 by Titan!

” I’m editing ALIENS: BUG HUNT, all new stories of the Colonial Marines (Titan Books, 2017) Here’s the killer lineup!
1. Brian Keene is a best-selling horror author and comic book writer. His landmark novel The Rising helped establish the genre of zombie literature.
2. Christopher Goldenn, #1 New York Times best-selling author, editor and comic book writer. His works include Tin Men, Lord Baltimore (with Mike Mignola), Cemetery Girl (with Charlaine Harris), and Aliens: River of Pain.
3. Dan Abnett is a multiple New York Times best-selling author and comic book writer who’s work includes the Gaunt’s Ghosts series, The Horus Heresy, Doctor Who, and the Guardians of the Galaxy comic that inspired the motion picture.
4. David Farland, is a New York Times award-winning author who has worked with Star Wars, the Mummy, and his own bestselling fantasy Runelords series.
5. Heather Graham Pozzessere: International best-selling author of over seventy suspense novels.
6. James A. Moore, is a best selling author of twenty-five novels including his own Seven Forges series who has also worked with Aliens, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and the World Of Darkness.
7. Jonathan Maberry, NY Times bestselling author of Patient Zero, Rot & Ruin, and many other novels; anthology editor and comic book writer.
8. Keith DeCandido iis a Scribe finalist whose works include Star Trek, Supernatural, Stargate SG-1, and many others.
9. Larry Correia is the bestselling author of the Monster Hunter International series, the Grimnoir Chronicles, and the Dead Six military thrillers
10. Matt Forbeck is a New York Times bestselling author and award-winning game designer whose latest works include Halo: New Blood, the Marvel Encyclopedia, and his Shotguns & Sorcery series.
11. Mike Resnickk is a best-selling author of military science fiction, including The Outpost, The Dead Enders series, and many more; and has edited dozens of anthologies. He has won multiple Hugo Awards, the Homer Award, the Skylark Award, as well as many international awards.
12. Paul Kupperberg is a former editor in chief for DC Comics, and a prolific writer of comic books and newspaper strips.
13. Rachel Caine, New York Times bestselling author of almost 50 thriller, SF/F, and YA novels, including Ink and Bone, and the Morganville Vampires series.
14. Ray Garton, bestselling author of over sixty books and recipient of the Grandmaster Award from the World Horror Convention.
15. Scott Sigler, NY Times bestselling author of INFECTED and the ALIVE, Book I of the Generations Trilogy.
16. Tim Lebbon, is the best-selling author of Coldbrook, The Cabin in the Woods, the Noreela series of fantasy books (Dusk, Dawn, Fallen and The Island), the NY Times Bestselling novelisation of the movie 30 Days of Night, Alien: Out of the Shadows, and Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi – Into the Void.
17. Weston Ochse, USA Today New and Notable List, Bram Stoker Award-winning author of SEAL Team 666 and Grunt Life
18. Yvonne Navarro, Bram Stoker award-winning author of the Dark Redemption Series, Aliens: Music of the Spears, and seven Buffy the Vampire Slayer novels.”

Aliens: Bug Hunt, a brand new anthology focusing on the Colonial Marines, is due for release in 2017. Aliens: Bug Hunt - Aliens Anthology Announced!

Aliens: Bug Hunt, a brand new anthology focusing on the Colonial Marines, is due for release in 2017.

That extensive list of authors includes several returning veterans of Alien literature (Tim Lebbon, Christopher Golden, Dan Abnet, James Moore and Yvonne Navarro) but also welcomes an impressive 13 new names to the Alien authors club!

Aliens: Bug Hunt is currently slated for a release in 2017 but no further details are available as of yet. Keep checking back with Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for more details. Thanks to Willie Goldman for the news!

Corporal Hicks

I am really really looking forward to this. There are some really impressive names in that list! I can't wait to find out more specific details about the stories. I wonder how big the anthology is going to be with that many writers?

Ultramorph

Fantastic! I can't wait to see what sorts of stories we get.

PRJ_since1990

Wow! More stories? Sign me up. I wonder how many stories we will get. One might assume one per author but could be people working together on several projects.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Holy shit, this sounds f**king great. Brian Keene rules, I'm really looking forward to seeing what he brings to the table.

Edit-- just tweeted Brian Keene to see if he'd be down for a Q&A interview for AvPGalaxy after the anthology comes out.

Edit again-- Interview confirmed!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quite a few of the authors are on social media so we could probably work out a big Q&A.

QuoteCalled "Deep Background," the story is about a reporter who is embedded with a group of Colonial Marines, and things do not go as planned.

Some details about Keith R.A. DeCandido's entry.

http://kradical.livejournal.com/3097808.html

Whiskeybrewer

I'm actually really excited for what Dan Abnett comes up with, mainly as i love his work for Doctor Who

Corporal Hicks

He also co-wrote Alien: Isolation and is writing Aliens: Defiance.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 11, 2016, 11:02:23 AM

Dan Abnett did? oh thats brilliant, why didnt i realise lol

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 11, 2016, 02:39:44 AM
Holy shit, this sounds f**king great. Brian Keene rules, I'm really looking forward to seeing what he brings to the table.

Edit-- just tweeted Brian Keene to see if he'd be down for a Q&A interview for AvPGalaxy after the anthology comes out.

Edit again-- Interview confirmed!

Sweet!  ;D

Ultramorph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 11, 2016, 07:40:52 AM
QuoteCalled "Deep Background," the story is about a reporter who is embedded with a group of Colonial Marines, and things do not go as planned.

Some details about Keith R.A. DeCandido's entry.

http://kradical.livejournal.com/3097808.html

Nice, hoping for a good variety of stories set in all different periods. I wonder if one of these writers will be the lucky first to give us an Arcturian!

It's so cool that we're getting this. It's awesome that Titan has committed to the license like this.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on May 11, 2016, 11:30:19 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 11, 2016, 11:02:23 AM

Dan Abnett did? oh thats brilliant, why didnt i realise lol

Sorry, my mistake. Abnett is writing the Life and Death series, not Defiance. Memory slip there.

Quote from: Ultramorph on May 11, 2016, 11:46:35 AM
Nice, hoping for a good variety of stories set in all different periods. I wonder if one of these writers will be the lucky first to give us an Arcturian!

It's so cool that we're getting this. It's awesome that Titan has committed to the license like this.

I'm hoping for a really varied anthology series that is more than just marines vs Aliens. I'd like to see them use this opportunity for more world building, something the latest Titan novels have been really good at.

HuDaFuK

Like the sound of this. As with others, I hope we get some stories about things other than Marines vs. Aliens.

Mr. Clemens

I'll be waiting for reviews on this one. Eighteen short stories about colonial marines getting ambushed and slaughtered by aliens sounds a tad repetitive (I know that's an assumption on my part, but they've said nothing to convince me otherwise).

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on May 11, 2016, 01:35:52 PMEighteen short stories about colonial marines getting ambushed and slaughtered by aliens sounds a tad repetitive.

That's why I'm hoping it'll branch out into other stuff they do. Like the Tech Manual did.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed