The Predator to begin filming by October!

Started by Darkoo, May 07, 2016, 04:38:26 AM

Author
The Predator to begin filming by October! (Read 29,201 times)

overthere

Nothing wrong with fan service if it's not out of place and context.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Master on May 10, 2016, 01:12:32 PM
I'm aware of that but in the end it'll still be Arnold cameo and fan service.
It's intended to be fan Service, and i for one want to see Arnold back. Baldwin won't get asses into seats and i personally don't care for the character.

There are other, many interesting possibilities for bringing Arnold back other than putting a rifle into his hand and letting him shout "Get to the Choppaaaa", and he would actually be the first returning character in this franchise, that alone is intersting to me.

Luke Skywalkers return was fan Service, Han Solos return was fan Service, the T-Rex return in Jurassic World was fan Service... None of them were essential, but each of them were awesome, now get Arnold.

overthere

I'd really be impressed if they get Arnold back, but don't have him repeat the lines from the original.

Johnny Handsome

There should be no re-used dialogue at all in this movie. It's painful to get through those moments in Predators.

Corporal Hicks

I hope to God that there is absolutely no reused dialogue in The Predator. I loathe it.

I also don't think Arnie's return would be a bad thing. Plenty of ways to have him involved without it being unnecessary. His potential cameo in Predators would have been unnecessary. We just don't know how well his involvement would work with the film.

DarkXeno

I think it will revise the way Predator is and some will love it some will hate it, but it will still be the Predator you know.

I think it will revise the way Predator is and some will love it some will hate it, but it will still be the Predator you know.

Doggo33

Johnny Handsome - "Luke Skywalkers return was fan Service, Han Solos return was fan Service, the T-Rex return in Jurassic World was fan Service... None of them were essential, but each of them were awesome, now get Arnold."

- Luke and Han returning wasn't fan service. That's a continuing story in which they are an essential part.
Having the T-Rex return was sort of fan service but it's an island of dinosaurs and the T-Rex is the icon of the series so that's hardly unbelievable. On a side note, 'Jurassic World' is a quite poorly written film.

"There should be no re-used dialogue at all in this movie. It's painful to get through those moments in Predators."

- I disagree. It's become tradition for "You're one ugly mother..." to appear in each Predator film. Apart from that I agree.

Mike

Mike

Reused Dialogue can be great if done right. For example one movie of reused dialogue that was done great and badass was John Conner saying I'll be back in Terminator Salvation. John Conners wife" What should I tell your men when they find out your gone?" John Conner takes a moment then says "I'll be back" then the next scene showed him capturing the moto-terminator to head towards Skynet's HQ at noon, then later across the night bridge . Really Badass scene and movie!!!!

Corporal Hicks

More often than not reused dialogue is just forced though. There's some instances were it feels right but in general, that's very rarely the case.

Master

Yeah I'm generally all for new dialogue and fresh fable ( that's why I'm not fond of new SW and JP). I'm aware there's only so much you can do with predator movie for it to feel Predator but this is not an excuse for not trying.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: overthere on May 10, 2016, 09:04:49 AMBut Dutch being laughed at and nobody believing him is cool.

The problem I have with that is we've already had a movie set in the interim where people know all about the Predator (much more so than even the audience does) and have been spending a lot of time and money going after them. Suddenly reverting to "nobody knows but Dutch" wouldn't really gel.

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on May 10, 2016, 01:57:53 PM...and he would actually be the first returning character in this franchise, that alone is intersting to me.

Technically he'd be the second, after Anna's blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo in P2 :P

Johnny Handsome

QuoteTechnically he'd be the second, after Anna's blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo in P2
I wouldn't even count that as a cameo. They showed a picture of her on a screen, hardly a cameo. You could say Arnold returned for the sequel also, because they showed a picture of him standing in the mist as well  :P
- Luke and Han returning wasn't fan service. That's a continuing story in which they are an essential part.
The fact that they included the characters and build a Story around them does in no way determine the fact that they are fan Service, written in for the old School fans. The movie didn't Need them, they could have totally invent new characters and replace them and the movie would have been basically the same. Luke Skywalker is in it for like 5 seconds, hardly a story driven character in the movie  :P

QuoteHaving the T-Rex return was sort of fan service but it's an island of dinosaurs and the T-Rex is the icon of the series so that's hardly unbelievable.
Right, on an Island full of dinos they Chose to have a final fight with the T-Rex and not any of the other gazillion dinos... on top of that, letting it smash the Spino Skeleton. Even the filmakers said the T-Rex is there for his redemption only, so really, there is no arguing here.

And i never said the fact that there is a T-Rex is unbelievable... and so isn't that Dutch might return for another round.

SiL

Quotethey could have totally invent new characters and replace them and the movie would have been basically the same
You could say the same about The Empire Strikes Back. It didn't need to be about Han, Luke and Leia again. They could've had new characters.

QuoteLuke Skywalker is in it for like 5 seconds, hardly a story driven character in the movie
The plot of the movie literally revolves around people trying to find him, so yeah, he was pretty story-driven.

overthere

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 11, 2016, 10:46:35 AM

The problem I have with that is we've already had a movie set in the interim where people know all about the Predator (much more so than even the audience does) and have been spending a lot of time and money going after them. Suddenly reverting to "nobody knows but Dutch" wouldn't really gel.

It would be the general population that laughs at him, not the government officials. The general population would think Dutch is a weirdo, and the government prefers it that way. Can't have everyone around know about aliens who make a sport out of hunting us.

HuDaFuK

Dutch doesn't strike me as someone who'd care enough about what the public think to even bother telling them. Why would he?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed