The Predator to begin filming by October!

Started by Darkoo, May 07, 2016, 04:38:26 AM

Author
The Predator to begin filming by October! (Read 29,199 times)

overthere

If the script is done and they're filming it by October, but still looking into Arnold reprising his role, that tells me Dutch is not a key figure in this movie and it works with or without him. That's good.

blood.

Same tone as the original predator, just bigger?

Yes please!

Predator_Spirit

They will need some magic to make something bigger than Predator and Predator 2. :D

Ash 937

Quote from: whiterabbit on May 07, 2016, 09:26:11 AM
A Predator and Dutch, stranded on an alien planet, where they must now put their stubborn differences aside to survive... and fall in love... and get to da choppa together.

This is pretty much the plot of Enemy Mine.  Came out in 1985.

whiterabbit

Yea that is where the idea came from, but I forgot about the part where the Drak gives birth... oh man that would be awesome with a predator and arnold and a T-rex sized monster.

dallevalle

hihihihihihihihihihihihihihihi finally !

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: overthere on May 07, 2016, 11:34:56 AM
If the script is done and they're filming it by October, but still looking into Arnold reprising his role, that tells me Dutch is not a key figure in this movie and it works with or without him. That's good.

That's a good observation though we don't know if the script has been finalized, only that a complete draft was handed in. It could be possible there's a role in there that can work either way - ala Keyes.

mike

mike

no arnold , no 50 moron, more than 50 mil budget and i would be happy

overthere

Quote from: mike on May 09, 2016, 07:35:26 PM

There's plenty of ways bringing Arnold back could work. It's not like he'll gear up Commando style and go against the Predator.

Ash 937

Quote from: overthere on May 09, 2016, 08:53:12 PM
Quote from: mike on May 09, 2016, 07:35:26 PM

There's plenty of ways bringing Arnold back could work. It's not like he'll gear up Commando style and go against the Predator.

I think if they used Ernest Hemingway's The Old Man and the Sea as an inspiration, they could make a film with Arnold as a central character that would work.  Think about it, an old commando that hasn't caught a predator since 1987 (and mocked by the people in the village for it) goes out into the jungle one more time to catch the biggest predator of his life. Its that timeless tale about the power of perseverance that usually translates to box office gold (and often academy award nominations). 

Also, if the studio could also somehow master the minimalist tone of the novel and have Arnold go in at it alone this time, the audience could have time to reflect on Arnold's intimate thoughts on old age, past glories, and being doubted in life, to make his hunt for the predator all that much more symbolic. We could see Arnold write in his journal with inner monologuing to really get to know who Dutch was and what insecurities from his youth led him into body building and the armed forces.

Then, after Arnold kills the predator, it would be his job to bring the corpse back to his village to prove his value for all to see.  This is where the movie would get a bit like The Revenant with Arnold dragging the predator's course through the woods and fending it off against all sorts of wild animals and jealous Native Americans.  Arnold would eventually resort to stripping the corpse of its technology and using predator weaponry to defend himself against the Earthly tribes and beasts.  But by the the end of the film when he makes it back to his village, he is in full Predator gear and holding all that is left of his old foe, his skull. Arnold descends on his village as the new predator ready to hunt and kill all those that ever doubted him to begin with.

(Note:  This ending would open the franchise for another sequel.  Here, we can have Arnold be the bad guy (human in a predator suit) and Adrian Brody (or Danny Glover?) could come back to save the day.)

overthere

I like this idea, except the ending where Dutch is now hunting humans. But Dutch being laughed at and nobody believing him is cool.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: overthere on May 10, 2016, 09:04:49 AM
But Dutch being laughed at and nobody believing him is cool.
I really like this also, i always imagined what happened to Dutch.

What i like about Predator's characters is that they stayed grounded in reality in the right situations. Instead of going the classic 80s route with the tough guys hunting the Predator and shouting out one liners while smoking cigars they had them shit their Pants, they just wanted to get out of the f**king jungle alive and even Dutch at the end looks traumatised.

So i think having Dutch back as the ultimate tough guy all the sudden without psychological issues just wouldn't fit the character that much.

Master

Don't fix what's not broken. Arnold had his film, there is no need to go back to him. What new can really be done with Duch? Seriously the possibility 70' Duch will be awkward is much bigger then him being cool.

overthere

Quote from: Master on May 10, 2016, 12:45:33 PM
Don't fix what's not broken. Arnold had his film, there is no need to go back to him. What new can really be done with Duch? Seriously the possibility 70' Duch will be awkward is much bigger then him being cool.

You're thinking of an action hero Dutch, but nobody wants that. Dutch would be perfect for some insight about the creature and the government could use him as a strategist of some sort. There's a lot of possibilities with the character, to see how he's been traumatized by the experience, maybe even devoted the rest of his life in finding out more about those creatures.

Nobody wants Dutch to pick up a weapon and fight.

Master

I'm aware of that but in the end it'll still be Arnold cameo and fan service. Get Adam Baldwin back as Garber. He's the guy actually related to Predator manhunt and is in right age to play military commander.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed