Engineering Prometheus – From Jon Spaihts to Damon Lindelof

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 06, 2016, 02:31:57 PM

Author
Engineering Prometheus – From Jon Spaihts to Damon Lindelof (Read 11,601 times)

BishopShouldGo

Yeah. It's just true. No matter how much you wish it not to be. 68% audience score on rotten tomatoes, overwhelming majority.

SM

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 03, 2017, 05:34:53 PM
Quote from: SM on Jan 01, 2017, 09:21:40 PM...positive response from audience and critics...

Is this strictly true?

Most people I know didn't thin kit was that great at all (and I don't just mean hardcore Alien fans) and I remember reviews being fairly mixed, praising the visuals but criticising the story.

In addition to the 68% audience score on RT, there's 72% critic score and 7/10 on IMDB.

With 278 critic reviews, and hundreds of thousands of viewer scores, it's a good enough sample size to say stats > "people I know".

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SM on Jan 03, 2017, 08:04:35 PMIn addition to the 68% audience score on RT, there's 72% critic score and 7/10 on IMDB.

With 278 critic reviews, and hundreds of thousands of viewer scores, it's a good enough sample size to say stats > "people I know".

I wasn't saying my acquaintances' opinions were gospel as far as the film's reception goes, was just asking for some clarification.

So yeah, fair enough.

Corporal Hicks

It's certified fresh on Rotten Tomatoes: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/prometheus_2012/

It's also scored pretty decently on IMDB. It's not as universally hated as the fandom seems to think it is.

SM

SM

SiL

People were still disappointed, they just didn't think it was that bad overall.

SM

Well yeah.  7/10 doesn't equate to brilliant.  But it's pretty decent.

BishopShouldGo

B-B-B-BUT SHE RAN IN A STRAIGHT LINE! OLD MAN MAKEUP! SNAKE!

STRAIGHT LINE! OLD MAN MAKEUP! SNAKE!!!!1111oneoneone

Ingwar

Quote from: SM on Jan 01, 2017, 09:21:40 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 05, 2016, 07:27:50 PM
Final question remains: Who f*cked up? Spaiths? Lindelof? Scott? Studio? Or was it a collective failure?

With a good box office and positive response from audience and critics, it was a collective success.

If it was such success they wouldn't have done Alien: Covenant. It wasn't failure either but something went wrong. For that reason they decided to make an Alien prequel rather than Prometheus sequel. That's the fact.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jan 04, 2017, 02:09:12 AM
B-B-B-BUT SHE RAN IN A STRAIGHT LINE! OLD MAN MAKEUP! SNAKE!

STRAIGHT LINE! OLD MAN MAKEUP! SNAKE!!!!1111oneoneone

Easy there, your scaring us.

SM

Quote from: Ingwar on Jan 04, 2017, 02:35:05 PM
Final question remains: Who f*cked up? Spaiths? Lindelof? Scott? Studio? Or was it a collective failure?

With a good box office and positive response from audience and critics, it was a collective success.

If it was such success they wouldn't have done Alien: Covenant. It wasn't failure either but something went wrong. For that reason they decided to make an Alien prequel rather than Prometheus sequel. That's the fact.

Still not a supposed "collective failure".

Ingwar

Quote from: SM on Jan 04, 2017, 07:43:59 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Jan 04, 2017, 02:35:05 PM

Still not a supposed "collective failure".

Agree. I would place it somewhere in between.

SM

426Buddy

It was a successful film just not a really good one.

If it wasn't successful, Covenant probably wouldn't have even been made.

BishopShouldGo

Yeah, Prometheus was a success. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed