The Alien's AI seems to have been updated recently o.O

Started by chainsawsquirrel, Apr 28, 2016, 01:33:00 PM

Author
The Alien's AI seems to have been updated recently o.O (Read 8,276 times)

chainsawsquirrel

chainsawsquirrel

I thought the support period for this game was over and that was it, no more updates, nada. But while playing recently, I've noticed the alien's AI seems to have been significantly improved.

Some of the things I've noticed is the alien seems to be actively listening a lot more while in the vents. He now checks a lot of areas that I usually use to evade him in because I knew he never ever looked in those places for me. On several occasions when I've been hiding in lockers and he's been searching for me, when I think he's walked off somewhere so I pull out my motion tracker to have a look real quick, he INSTANTLY rips me out of my locker and facef**ks me. That motherf**ker was waiting outside the whoooole time, listening in for me to make the slightest sound. I've literally NEVER seen him do that before. I've also noticed him trying to trick me, by disappearing up into the vents, then coming back down again 5 seconds later when I start to move. Anyone else noticed this at all?

Vertigo

The game hasn't been updated since February 2015 (on PC at least), it must either be luck of the draw or something to do with your actions within the game. I certainly noticed a lot of tricky behaviour from it when I played through the game in 2014.

HuDaFuK

The Alien does learn as the game goes on, hunting for you in certain places if you previously used them to hide a lot.

As Vertigo says, the game hasn't been patched for months so it can't have been altered recently.

chainsawsquirrel

I don't get it tho, I've played through this game....idk how many times, lost count. And yet only now does it suddenly snap out of it and become a motherf**kin smartass? What happened lol. And the alien doesn't exactly learn. To put it in Gary Napper's words (or was it Al Hope? not sure), the alien doesn't learn, but some of it's other behaviours will be unlocked depending on how you play, but it can't invent it's own way of behaviour and come up with things that it wasn't programmed with already.

NickisSmart

Maybe it's become self-aware.

TITANOSAUR

The alien has done this to me as well. (it did the drop down from vent after five seconds of going up into it to Gopher as well) the game has had no updates. but I am aware theres tons of AI programming, dialog, and Alien Kill animations that are in the game, your not likely going to see them all in a single or even multiple runs of the game play. as cool as this is. it can actually fool the player into thinking they seen all that the alien can do after it's done the first four or five death animations.

chainsawsquirrel

I find that somewhat insulting since I've played through maybe 10-12 times, and beaten nightmare mode.

NickisSmart

It's not you, it's the alien. XD

Xeno Infestation

Played this game through, i enjoyed every moment of it, but AI could be much better, wherever you go Alien is just following you, even if you don't make any sounds like it has some kind of psychic abilities. If you hide, it knows where you hide and it starts to walk nearby, exactly this thing was a big disappointment for me.

426Buddy

Who's to say the Alien isn't sensing your presence in some alien way? Can't pinpoint you but knows you're in the area.

Xeno Infestation

Quote from: 420Buddy on May 12, 2016, 02:06:53 PM
Who's to say the Alien isn't sensing your presence in some alien way? Can't pinpoint you but knows you're in the area.

I'm saying it starts to search for you especially if you hide somewhere. Also this would make everything pointless, since Alien acts differently in the movies, trying to outsmart you and not being spotted (especially Alien and Alien 3 movies, when Alien actions are not influenced by the Queen).
In Alien Isolation it tries to reveal itself like a movie star.

426Buddy

Okay yeah that makes sense, he isnt ever worried about just dropping into a room for all to see, unlike the films.

blood.

Well this alien is dsigned to intimidate, not just to jump out of nowhere and ghost the player constantly.

426Buddy

There also didnt seem to be any weapons on the station that posed a threat so the Alien may have gotten pretty bold.

Also Ive had stompy sneak up on me more than once and he does hide in the ceilings waiting to snatch you up sometimes.

Xeno Infestation

Well, I do agree they've done a remarkable job, the game couldn't be better. There was also a mission, where all doors were closed up, and you could see alien in one of those ceiling, waiting to jump out. Maybe one day there will be a VR version, holy shit ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed