Alien: Life and Death

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 27, 2016, 11:07:57 AM

Author
Alien: Life and Death (Read 26,876 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I thought we'd get a thread going for Alien: Life and Death!

Randy Stradley just shared this sneak peek of the cover of #1.

Goes on sale in September.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Looks cool! I'm looking forward to seeing what surprises they have in store for us. Maybe we'll even find out what happened to Derrick Russel! Hopefully we see some more variant xenos that spawned from the indigenous species.

So it looks like AvP: Life and Death will be the last mini-series, before the wrap-up issue.

426Buddy

426Buddy

sweet cover art!

What a year to get back into the franchise, so much wonderful stuff being released.

vikingspawn

vikingspawn

Awesome.   Good to see year round Aliens comics again.  All they need now is to invite the "Thing From Another World" comics to the party.   

8)

HuDaFuK

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

The cover looks beautiful!

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I know it isn't 100% confirmed that Thies is doing the art for this series, but he just posted another pic from his upcoming project on Instagram. Note the xeno tail visible on the paper underneath the main image.  ;D

426Buddy

426Buddy

I would be happy to have thies do the art for the Alien series, I think it would be a better match than it was with the predator series.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/news/aliens-life-and-death/

Sorry for the lack of context, I saw this with 90 seconds left on my break. The artist this time around is Moritat.

Spoiler
QuoteAliens: Life and Death #1 (of 4)
Written by Dan Abnett
Illustrated by Moritat
Color by Rain Beredo
Cover by David Palumbo
Variant cover by Sachin Teng
On sale Sept 21
FC, 32 pages
$3.99
Miniseries
In the aftermath of the battle with the Engineers, the surviving humans on LV-223 are wounded and scattered—and easy prey for a gathering horde of Aliens!
The Colonial Marines get a taste of what it's like to be at the bottom of the food chain!

I want to see that battle against the Engineers!
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jun 14, 2016, 09:36:07 PM
Spoiler
In the aftermath of the battle with the Engineers, the surviving humans on LV-223 are wounded and scattered—and easy prey for a gathering horde of Aliens!
The Colonial Marines get a taste of what it's like to be at the bottom of the food chain!
[close]

Sounds like they're taking the overlap quite seriously this time around.

Nostromo

Nostromo

The road and wait until the TPB shall be long and painful.....

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

The Sachin Teng covers certainly have a consistent style, even if it's not one I care too much for. Given that Moritat is doing the art on this, I wonder what Thies' mystery project is? Maybe he's doing the Omega wrap-up issue?

Also worth noting
Spoiler
not one mention of the black goo in any of the solicitations so far. Maybe they're giving it a break?
[close]

Hopefully we see a variety of xenos that have hatched from the different black goo monsters.

Digging around on DeviantArt and Twitter to see what I can find on Moritat, found this (some of which is from a few years ago, so not from L&D):
Spoiler

[close]

He definitely has an interesting style!

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Moritat just posted this on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/MoritatArt/status/743523665904472065

The Comic Collector J

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 27, 2016, 11:07:57 AM
I thought we'd get a thread going for Alien: Life and Death!

Randy Stradley just shared this sneak peek of the cover of #1.

Goes on sale in September.

That looks masterful. Love it. To bad we have to wait until September. That feels like a long wait just to read the first issue. Such is the comic life I suppose.

Ultramorph

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed