Alien Visions (UDON, 2016)

Started by Ultramorph, Apr 26, 2016, 04:00:51 PM

Author
Alien Visions (UDON, 2016) (Read 10,718 times)

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Dave Dorman just revealed his secret project, and it's part of an upcoming book called Alien Visions coming later this year.
QuoteHAPPY ALIEN DAY!! Quite a fun and exciting day to celebrate the Iconic SF/Horror masterpiece directed by Ridley Scott with creature designs by HR Giger. I have been lucky enough to play in their world for more than 20 years and very happy to still be involved in producing exciting art for the franchise. ‪#‎AlienDay426‬
I have been quietly working on a few pieces for an upcoming book celebrating the world of ALIEN. The book is titled ALIEN VISIONS and will be published by UDON later in 2016. ‪#‎UDONAlienVisions‬
I am proud to unveil one of the original paintings I produced for this book and to be able to offer it as a LIMITED EDITION Print for ALIEN DAY. The art shows a battle between Nostromo era explorers fighting Aliens within their egg chamber.
The print is 18" x 24" on heavy #100 matte cover stock. It is signed and numbered LIMITED TO ONLY 50 COPIES. Along with your purchase of this print I will DRAW an ALIEN ON THE PRINT making each piece an original DAVE DORMAN collectible.
The price for the print is $75 Including shipping ($90 for overseas orders). You can order the print directly from my webpage at http://www.davedorman.com/ALIEN35th.shtml
If you have any questions please post them here. I hope you enjoy the art whether you purchase a print or not. And please look for the ALIEN VISIONS book later this year!
Thanks all! Enjoy the Day!!
(now a little legal stuff...TM & © 2016 Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation.
All rights reserved.)

Looking at the hashtag, there are also a few other cool pieces by other artists:
Ken Christiansen

Food One Art

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

SO it's basically just an Alien art book?

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

This looks pretty cool!

426Buddy

426Buddy

:o

I'm definitely buying the book, if I had known about this before I got the loot crate I would have totally bought the signed print with a personal Dave Dorman alien on it. So much money for all this amazing aliens day stuff.

Anyway the art is fantastic and I can't wait for the book to come out! This makes my aliens day even better.

proto leech

proto leech

Very cool. Strange its coming from udon and not darkhorse.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

This one is quite stylized but I love it!

Sounds like this will be an art book. Udon describes themselves as an "art collective"

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Some more details from the Udon website. Same pictures we've already seen.

http://www.udonentertainment.com/blog/news/udon-to-publish-alien-visions

QuoteUDON and a veritable Xenomorphs' hive top professional artists collaborate for the all-new ALIEN VISIONS!

Today is the inaugural ALIEN DAY (#AlienDay426), and UDON is celebrating by revealing our most terrifying creative collaboration yet – ALIEN VISIONS! (#UDONAlienVisions)

The ALIEN VISIONS project is an artistic tribute to the one of the most iconic and enduring science fiction / horror movie franchises of all-time.  Professional artists from the comic book, film, video game, and entertainment industries have come together to show the world their impressions of the Alien movies through a series of all-new images, collected into one prestigious hardcover art book.  Artists involved include Dave Dorman, Phil Noto, Kim Jung Gi, Whilce Portacio, Bengus, Shunya Yamashita, just to name a few!  Learn how the iconic series has impacted these masters as they share with you their intimate thoughts of the Alien franchise.

ALIEN VISIONS will be in stores in late 2016!  For more info, stay tuned to UDONentertainment.com and our social media pages!

426Buddy

426Buddy

Was hoping it was a full of Dorman's art, but i'll still buy it.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'll definitely be buying it too!

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Yeah this looks pretty great, I'll definitely be keeping my eye on it.

Darkness

Darkness

Damn, must have missed this news. Dorman still hasn't lost his touch. It's exactly like what he was doing in Tribes. And that John Giang piece is very impressive too. Looks like there's going to be a lot of varied styles of art in there.

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

I dig the first 2 images in this thread but none of the others so far. I think I'll be passing on it.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Probably pass on this too. Unless it's cheap which these things seldom are upon release.

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on May 01, 2016, 06:46:46 PM
Probably pass on this too. Unless it's cheap which these things seldom are upon release.

Yea that's a prob I have with them too is price. Things like that crazy Weyland Report from Slideshow, geez. I could never justify that price no matter how cool the cover was, not worth the price. I have an Alien Saga Poster book that gives me really nice big images from all 4 movies, I'm good with that. I used to have Giger's Alien book but I gave that away to another fan a few years back.

Quarax

Quarax

A laser pistol being fired!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed