Ripley 8?

Started by Giger Beast, Apr 23, 2016, 06:22:01 PM

Author
Ripley 8? (Read 2,777 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I love the concept of Ripley 8. I think the novelization plays with it a little better than the film did in terms of her inner conflict but you can also see just how much Weaver loved playing with the new character. If they insist on using Weaver for a new sequel, I'd rather they use Ripley 8 and explore her properly.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Giger Beast on Apr 23, 2016, 06:22:01 PMHow would you guys feel if Alien 5 continued the story of Ripley 8? Would you prefer this over retconning Alien 3/R?

I'd much prefer this to a retcon. Whatever you think of Resurrection, the character of Ripley 8, and the concept of a part-human, part-Alien heroine, is a really good one that was sadly under-explored in the movie. I also think the far-future setting has some potential (that was again underused in the film).

Plus, it's something you can explore without needlessly trashing what's already been done.

Adam802

Adam802

Quote from: Giger Beast on Apr 23, 2016, 06:22:01 PM
How would you guys feel if Alien 5 continued the story of Ripley 8?

Would you prefer this over retconning Alien 3/R?

What do you guys think about Ripley 8 returning?

NO.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Isn't the "Alien" a hybrid human/alien....
Ripley 8 was just to get Weaver back. 

bobcunk

bobcunk

Quote from: tmjhur on Apr 24, 2016, 09:12:16 PM
Quote from: Vermillion on Apr 24, 2016, 09:09:00 PM
So I guess you hate JJ's Star Trek too.  Lol
No that movie is fine because it was using a different cast and had modern production values etc and it works for the movie. And I'm also not really a big Star Trek guy.

But for Alien.....hell nawwwwwwwwww!

It wasnt new for Startrek to do that, theve already established theirs a multiverse in the tv shows.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: bobcunk on Apr 28, 2016, 04:19:21 AM
Quote from: tmjhur on Apr 24, 2016, 09:12:16 PM
Quote from: Vermillion on Apr 24, 2016, 09:09:00 PM
So I guess you hate JJ's Star Trek too.  Lol
No that movie is fine because it was using a different cast and had modern production values etc and it works for the movie. And I'm also not really a big Star Trek guy.

But for Alien.....hell nawwwwwwwwww!

It wasnt new for Startrek to do that, theve already established theirs a multiverse in the tv shows.

Exactly. It was something that was established back in the 60s with the Mirror Universe.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed