Sigourney Weaver Updates Us On Blomkamp’s Alien 5!

Started by Perfect-Organism, Apr 21, 2016, 06:52:21 PM

Author
Sigourney Weaver Updates Us On Blomkamp’s Alien 5! (Read 37,147 times)

PRJ_since1990

If FOX was wise, they would venture into more animation and short films in both the Alien and Predator universe. The events of Alien, Aliens and Alien 3 should be used as reference points to where the new stories would take place timeline wise, but I find we need move away from Ripley.

Would using other characters during similar time periods disrespect the story of Ripley? Absolutely not. That was her story. Time for other tales to be told.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Apr 23, 2016, 12:35:50 AM
If FOX was wise, they would venture into more animation and short films in both the Alien and Predator universe. The events of Alien, Aliens and Alien 3 should be used as reference points to where the new stories would take place timeline wise, but I find we need move away from Ripley.

Would using other characters during similar time periods disrespect the story of Ripley? Absolutely not. That was her story. Time for other tales to be told.

^ This.

It's a rich world filled with all manner of characters just waiting to have close encounters. Why limit to one whose story was finished in Alien 3?

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

At least the movie is not dead for good. I hope we get our new Alien sequel after AC. We probably won't see it until at least 2020 - 2022.

xenomorpher

I think she's holding the series back and they need to move away from her big time. The series isn't called Ripley after all. Briggs's AvP, a second draft or something, I think would be miles better and is what we should have got, but that will never happen. Blomkamp recycles the same ideas in all his movies and District 9 was the only movie I liked. I don't think he should be involved and will probably hurt the series even more.

windebieste

She is holding the series back.  Last time I looked this series was called:

A  L  I  E  N

and not:

E  L  L  E  N

-Windebieste.

Adam802

YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is SUCH great news!  This movie is what i'm personally REALLY exited for, way more than Alien: Covenant. SO happy to hear that it looks like this movie is definitely being made for sure! I'm willing to wait! I was very bummed out when I heard it might not be made pending 'Prometheus 2'.  This is awesome! 

_kemosh_

_kemosh_

Meh, not really that excited for this, Blomkamp has made one good movie, and I love Alien 3...             Covenant will have two Davids and Demian Bichir, not to mention a larger canvas to work with.

whiterabbit

Quote from: windebieste on Apr 23, 2016, 03:49:17 AM

A  L  I  E  N

and not:

E  L  L  E  N

-Windebieste.
I would love to watch E L L E N. Even sounds like Alien. EL-LE-N

Mr. Clemens

They might as well just go whole hog and retcon in the crew of the Nostromo, Jones, and all of the colonial marines. The whole movie can be a two hour love-fest, with all of our beloved heroes marching across the landscape and gleefully shooting down aliens like bowling pins.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 23, 2016, 10:59:59 AM
Quote from: windebieste on Apr 23, 2016, 03:49:17 AM

A  L  I  E  N

and not:

E  L  L  E  N

-Windebieste.
I would love to watch E L L E N. Even sounds like Alien. EL-LE-N

OMG!  E L L E N is a brilliant idea!  Especially if you do it in the Alien or Aliens font, that could really work well.  There was a thread which focused on possible titles for Blomkamp's film.  Windebieste would you mind if I posted your suggestion in there?  Full credit to you of course, but I want to put together the graphic look.  The idea is spot on.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Apr 23, 2016, 02:39:18 PM
Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Apr 23, 2016, 02:32:21 PM
They might as well just go whole hog and retcon in the crew of the Nostromo, Jones, and all of the colonial marines. The whole movie can be a two hour love-fest, with all of our beloved heroes marching across the landscape and gleefully shooting down aliens like bowling pins.

No, the vast majority of people love those films. They were iconic.

That was all sarcasm, indicating my displeasure at the ridiculous fan-service that is the Alien3 retcon.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 22, 2016, 08:41:57 AM
I can't recall if this came up before or not but at London Film and Comic Con, Carrie Henn told Ross Poulter, one of the admins at the WY Bulletin, that she would be in Alien 5.

QuoteCarrie Henn told Ross, that she would appear in the film via a video call that Ripley makes. She wouldn't be fully in the film.

Hold on a second, wasn't this film supposed to be a "passing of the torch" to Newt? And wouldn't Newt by necessity have been recast for a professional actress to play? Or was it just Michael Biehn's speculations?

LordCassusSnow

LordCassusSnow

If you really want to watch ELLEN, she's got a show on television ;)

Also, why give us the Weyland Yutani Report, which further legitimises 3 and Resurrection, if Alienkamp is supposed to wipe those movies away? Especially since it was announced, after Alienkamp was announced, that there were no plans for a mainstream version, then Alienkamp goes on indefinite hold, and we get a mainstream version anyway? Nah, i think sigy's in a state of denial at this point. By the way, how would you guys line up your Alien movies, including Prometheus, once Covenant is set to own? I'm having trouble figuring that out myself. If only Alien 3 didn't have the 3 in the title...

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Apr 23, 2016, 03:08:13 PM
Looks like this news got a lot of traction

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Alien-5-Worth-Wait-According-Sigourney-Weaver-126577.html

"According to Sigourney Weaver".

Sorry, but we the audience, will be the judges of that if it actually comes out if it was worth it. Since we're the ones paying to go see this.

All this stuff has inspired me to try and submit my own fanfiction to Fox, they might actually like it and it could get green lit. You never know! If a fan can do it, why can't the other fans? You lot should give it a shot. You never know... you might just be the next director of Alien VI.

Alienon

Alienon

If only Alien 3 didn't have the 3 in the title... <<<

If you look at the logo alien 3, you can see that 3 - is not a number, but degree. So, that's all right - we still don't have the third part of alien saga. xD

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed