Sigourney Weaver Updates Us On Blomkamp’s Alien 5!

Started by Perfect-Organism, Apr 21, 2016, 06:52:21 PM

Author
Sigourney Weaver Updates Us On Blomkamp’s Alien 5! (Read 37,143 times)

THE CITY HUNTER

Remember when James  Cameron was hotting up T5(I wonder how much weaver is getting payed)

XenoZipper

Haha! Nice one on Ripley duct taping some new guns together :p
Always wanted to check out Toronto. I'm a city guy all the way so I'd feel comfortable walking around downtown there for sure. Too many cool stores though I bet that would break my wallet fast for collecting. Vancouver was the same & got too expensive to live there. Trailer Park Boys was another show that at first I really hated but then I warmed up to it after a while & now enjoy it. Red Green on the other hand I will never warm up to unless he's wrapped in duct tape & set ablaze to keep me warm haha

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Apr 22, 2016, 06:42:26 AM
I don't think a Ridley Scott movie has ever bombed financially besides Legend?

Blade Runner, Someone to Watch Over Me, 1492: Conquest of Paradise, White Squall...

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 22, 2016, 08:40:09 AM
Quote from: XenoZipper on Apr 22, 2016, 06:57:29 AM
I really do hope Covenant surprises me & blows me away. I just don't have super high hope just yet after Prometheus. The Martian was a beautifully shot movie as well but fell apart for me about the time duct tape was used to fix everything so I lost a little faith in him again from that. That being said, I still hope he proves me wrong & does something very exceptional the series desperately needs it.

As I understand it that's an actual thing at NASA...using duct-tape to fix stuff like that. It was all in the book as well. Personally I loved The Martian. The book and the film are simply gold in my eyes. The most entertaining and refreshing sci-fi for ages.

Indeed, the duct-tape was realistic and plausible, just don't tell him that 200 km/h winds would barely be a light breeze on Mars.  ;)

426Buddy

I remember Weaver being very passionate about Resurrection too, so i'm wary. I felt her story and character should have been finished after alien3. I love Ripley and the original 3 movies are really her story as much as it is the aliens. But since alien3 I just dont understand this constant need to keep reviving her character at the expense of the universe that has been created. They could have literally done anything after 3, the world that had been created in the first three movies had a lot of room for new Alien and encounters and new characters.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: 420Buddy on Apr 22, 2016, 03:49:54 PM
I remember Weaver being very passionate about Resurrection too, so i'm wary. I felt her story and character should have been finished after alien3. I love Ripley and the original 3 movies are really her story as much as it is the aliens. But since alien3 I just dont understand this constant need to keep reviving her character at the expense of the universe that has been created. They could have literally done anything after 3, the world that had been created in the first three movies had a lot of room for new Alien and encounters and new characters.

Good point. I loved Resurrection but it does seem to be almost universally hated despite having our holy precious Ripley in it.

People tend to forget that just because a classic main character will feature doesn't automatically mean this will be a great film. Best to wait and see rather than let hype give us impossible standards.

I still think it's pointless and there should be a new lead.

Technically, her story DID end in A:3. A;R started a new one with her clone. If we must have Weaver back, at least continue the clone's story as I think there's lots of interesting things to explore in the late 24th century personally.

Stolen

I love Sigourney, but i think she just wants to regain popularity as Arnold or Stallone. So she has every reason to be hoped that the film is happens, regardless of the quality of the script.

I hope it doesn't delete the 3 and the 4. If this is a sequel of Resurrection, why not?
It's interesting to see a new director deliver his vision. But honestly I'm not a fan of Blomkamp. District 9 is interesting but poorly executed. Elysium is C movie. Chappie is original and has style, but I found it horrible.

But it's normal that project happens after Covenant. Scott is working on Prometheus 2 since much longer, and my faith, there is the creator of the franchise, so it's legitimate. No matter what you think of Prometheus.

Perfect-Organism

Maybe it will be a film that "deletes itself"?  I mean it could be done as an alternate story, while keeping the main story in tact.  So essentially it could be a "what if?" type of story that has no bearing on the original series.  Then the original series could continue.  Unless of course if Blomkamp does something so amazing that the fans want more of that, who would argue with continuing the Blomkamp tangent at that point?

Stolen

Why not .It would have been better 15 years ago.
The only thing that bothers me is wanting to make a new ending for Ripley.
The death of Ripley is perfect in the film Fincher. What despair in tone, I love it.

And Sigourney is old, always a great actress. If it's an alternative history, we must focus exclusively on Newt.

bibou

How will they justify that they are 30 years olders ?

In Aliens, she slept for 57 years but it didn't have any consequence as she was in cryosleep. After Aliens they were in cryosleep too, so why would they age this time ?

Alienon

Alienon

bibou<<<

Maybe she hasn't slept all this time. She successfully returned to Earth and lived all this time.  As a result: normal old-age.

bibou

Yeah I see what you mean. But that would be dumb too (no offense). 57 years between Alien and Aliens, then 30 years between Aliens and Alien 2.5.

The whole concept disturbs me.

Perfect-Organism

I think it would work very well.  Basically Ripley finds 30 years of peace after the second film until the Aliens are discovered again elsewhere.  So Hicks calls her up and asks if she's still having nightmares.  Ripley, responds with, just tell me one thing Hicks, you;re going out there to destroy them, not study them, not to bring back.  Hicks replies, that's the plan you have my word on it.  I'd like to keep you handy, for close encounters.  Ripley says, alright I'm in.  Off we go.  And they go to this planet where they discover... David..

bibou

>Perfect-Organism

Ahaha you're a genius !  ;D

LastSurvivor92

I can't wait for this! Awesome news!!

robbritton

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Apr 22, 2016, 07:52:22 PM
I think it would work very well.  Basically Ripley finds 30 years of peace after the second film until the Aliens are discovered again elsewhere.  So Hicks calls her up and asks if she's still having nightmares.  Ripley, responds with, just tell me one thing Hicks, you;re going out there to destroy them, not study them, not to bring back.  Hicks replies, that's the plan you have my word on it.  I'd like to keep you handy, for close encounters.  Ripley says, alright I'm in.  Off we go.  And they go to this planet where they discover... David..

Precisely, a Ripley who actually has a real life to lose is a new dimension on the character. 30 years of living without the constant threat of the Alien could bring all manner of new aspects of the character to the fore. Ripley is a fascinating, near unique character and Weaver is a wonderful actress when she's fully engaged, why shouldn't she get another swing at it? Also, what is it with the 21st century worrying that actors are too old? Would they sooner Quint have been a thirty year old in Jaws? Age does not automatically equal obsolescence. Not everyone in the Alien universe need be judged by standards of military physique and such.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed