New Set Construction Picture Reveals Link to Prometheus

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 13, 2016, 06:12:02 AM

Author
New Set Construction Picture Reveals Link to Prometheus (Read 30,865 times)

426Buddy

More stony & rocky aesthetics, I hope not, we want biomechanical. :-\

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Yeah, looks like they're sticking to the Prometheus "look".  :(

Corporal Hicks

It's still under construction. There's time for them to sculpt it.

The Alien Predator

I don't mind them blending materials for Engineer architecture.

Sort of how we build things out of concrete and bricks.

I doubt they are purely restricted to bio-mechanical stuff. I believe they mainly use that as a form of art. But if stone ain't broke, why change it?  :P I loved Prometheus' architecture and look forward to seeing what else is shown in the sequel.

Perfect-Organism

We really need to go bio-mechanical.  If this aspect of Giger's aesthetic is disposed of for no good reason, it would be disappointing.

426Buddy

While there isnt enough evidence to really judge yet I do agree that if they don't incorporate any bio mechanical elements i'll be very disappointed.

zuzuki

Quote from: CainsSon on Apr 13, 2016, 04:13:00 PM
Quote from: Godzillakuj94 on Apr 13, 2016, 02:33:03 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 13, 2016, 09:49:28 AM
Quote from: OWLF on Apr 13, 2016, 09:23:56 AM
Looks very similar to the concept art seen in the Prometheus : The Art of the Film book.

Oh great, Ridley's just going to use the stuff we all said look better than the stuff used in Prometheus...  :laugh:
If that's the case then I hope we get to see this guy.

This is just conjecture, but from the released Production design elements in the ART OF PROMTHEUS book and FURIOUS GODS Doc, and also the stuff eliminated from Spaihts ENGINEERS script... Going off all of that, it seems to me, or I got the impression that Ridley and Lindeloff scrapped a lot of that stuff, and brought in a lot of the design stuff that had been scrapped from ALIEN.
I kind of expect a lot of that scrapped stuff from PROMETHEUS to end up in this film. For instance the translucent alien that can squeeze through small spaces and the sex-burster and stuff like that.

All that concept art wad done for the first version of the movie, when Ridley wanted a 250 million dollar budget. Part of Lindelofs job was to trim the script and cut the budget to a more acceptable sum

oduodu

Quote from: zuzuki on Apr 13, 2016, 06:30:21 PM
Looks very similar to the concept art seen in the Prometheus : The Art of the Film book.

Oh great, Ridley's just going to use the stuff we all said look better than the stuff used in Prometheus...  :laugh:

This is just conjecture, but from the released Production design elements in the ART OF PROMTHEUS book and FURIOUS GODS Doc, and also the stuff eliminated from Spaihts ENGINEERS script... Going off all of that, it seems to me, or I got the impression that Ridley and Lindeloff scrapped a lot of that stuff, and brought in a lot of the design stuff that had been scrapped from ALIEN.
I kind of expect a lot of that scrapped stuff from PROMETHEUS to end up in this film. For instance the translucent alien that can squeeze through small spaces and the sex-burster and stuff like that.

All that concept art wad done for the first version of the movie, when Ridley wanted a 250 million dollar budget. Part of Lindelofs job was to trim the script and cut the budget to a more acceptable sum

Which begs the question what the budget for this movie will be. If its the same then we will probably have the same 3 or sets constantly being used . I hope the budget is better , is cheaper filming in Oz?

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Hopefully the success of the Martian will allow for a higher budget.

oduodu

oduodu

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Apr 13, 2016, 06:55:57 PM
Hopefully the success of Mars will allow for a higher budget.

Speaking of will the martian and its success influence Covenant? Will we see elements of the martian in Covenant. Like the humor etc?

I wonder if Chemical A0-3959X.91 – 15 will be the reason for the repeatable nature of the events?
Which means a human male female will have to copulate after exposure to the agent? Apart from human females does the engineers have females? So the crew of the covenant will be sexually active after exposure after landing on paradise?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: oduodu on Apr 13, 2016, 06:54:47 PM
is cheaper filming in Oz?

It's cheaper than filming it in the UK or US. They also have a favourable exchange rate and Ridley got a good tax rebate and incentive deal from the Australian government.

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Apr 13, 2016, 06:55:57 PM
Hopefully the success of the Martian will allow for a higher budget.

Shouldn't really affect it either way. The hard R-rating will be the main determining factor. Ridley's highest budget film (unadjusted) was $200 million for Robin Hood which he got right after Body of Lies' dismal box office.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 13, 2016, 04:53:20 PM
It's still under construction. There's time for them to sculpt it.

It's already very similar in style to what we've seen in Prometheus. We're probably just deluding ourselves if we think that's it's still going to change to such a large degree.

A pity because the biomechanical look in Alien was very unique and distinctive. It's a real waste not exploring that particular look any further.

Shamo

We will find the head overgrown in the depths of the green scenery... With a Predator on top!!!

426Buddy

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 13, 2016, 08:42:08 PM
A pity because the biomechanical look in Alien was very unique and distinctive. It's a real waste not exploring that particular look any further.

I agree, Alien is the only film in the series that really had that perfect Giger biomechanical style, with each film in the series its moved farther and farther away from that look. Such a terrible waste of an amazing and totally "alien" looking motif and atmosphere.

RidgeTop

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 13, 2016, 04:30:54 PM
You can see a little bit of what looks like Engineer architecture in the background. Looks like a column and wall. No bio-mechanical aesthetic unfortunately.

I think that's just the ventilation system in the soundstage.

whiterabbit

Yes a lot of what was used in Prometheus was from the original Alien concept work and it does look like Scott is doing the same thing here, which I guess makes sense since he did go in thinking this series would be a trilogy. Prometheus seemed to be cranked back hard, maybe for lack of time and money.

As far as the atheistic goes, I really think this will be a two part movie. It'll start with the Paradise and end in Hell. It's not practical to shoot Hell in the daylight. :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed