Predator vs Judge Dredd vs Aliens (new comic)

Started by Ultramorph, Apr 08, 2016, 07:51:18 PM

Author
Predator vs Judge Dredd vs Aliens (new comic) (Read 41,004 times)

happypred

Sounds like the Predator is captured quite early (like Captive or Thrill of the Hunt)...surely not killed?

Annoyed

Annoyed

What the hell is it with these boring arse crossovers, we'd rather see another ongoing Aliens or Alien series, I know there's defiance, but we can use more. Enough of these micky dicky mouse crossovers please. Enough of ALiens vs Preds, enough of Aliens vs anything, just Aliens vs Humans.

And the stories have to be great too, the last Aliens series have been total flops, but I still buy them.

I will buy this one too, but will wait for a trade paperback edition. And no hardcovers please, I dont even bother buying hardcovers, soft, please.

Bio Mech Hunter

...vs. Superman vs. Terminator vs. Batman vs. Robocop... *facepalm*

Ultramorph

I'll pick this up, but I was hoping that the "big crossover" would be something in-continuity and to do with Life and Death, Fire and Stone, and Defiance. This should be fun, though. I liked the previous Dredd crossovers.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on Apr 11, 2016, 06:43:26 PM
I'll pick this up, but I was hoping that the "big crossover" would be something in-continuity and to do with Life and Death, Fire and Stone, and Defiance. This should be fun, though. I liked the previous Dredd crossovers.

The Dredd crossovers are fun but I'm just wondering will this one connect to them or... will this one be a separate but canonical universe from the previous two crossovers since those were directly handled with 2000 AD? I mean since IDW is involved with this one... It maybe in the IDW Dredd continuity, which is separate from the main 2000 AD one.

Gah! I'm too excited but at the same time a little scared about this one! The last crossover (Vampirella/Aliens) wasn't very good.

happypred

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Apr 11, 2016, 07:43:51 PMThe Dredd crossovers are fun but I'm just wondering will this one connect to them or... will this one be a separate but canonical universe from the previous two crossovers since those were directly handled with 2000 AD? I mean since IDW is involved with this one... It maybe in the IDW Dredd continuity, which is separate from the main 2000 AD one.

Would you you prefer the upcoming crossover to be in the main 2000AD continuity or the IDW continuity or its own "pocket universe"?

Why does it matter?

RakaiThwei

Quote from: happypred on Apr 13, 2016, 02:54:39 AM
Why does it matter?

Because a friend of mine who runs the Yautja Encyclopedia and I are categorizing an Alternate Continuity page.

That and I'm curious to where things fit.. My OCD makes me like that. Sue me.

David

David

I would LOVE this!

RakaiThwei

Here is the cover and solicitation to Issue #2.

Seriously, guys... Why aren't we keeping up with this?

QuotePredator vs. Judge Dredd vs. Aliens #2 (of 4)
John Layman (W), Chris Mooneyham (A), Michael Atiyeh ©, and Glenn Fabry (Cover/Variant cover)
On sale Aug 31
FC, 32 pages
$3.99
Miniseries
Want to make apocalypse stew? Throw in four Judges, one insane genetic scientist, a smattering of emoji-based cultists, a dash of Predator, and a pinch of essence of Xenomorph, mix, and retreat to the nearest bunker. In this issue, Dredd follows a criminal cult leader into the Alabama Morass. A crew of Predators arrives on Earth to rescue a kidnapped comrade. And they both unwittingly wander into the territory of a revenge-obsessed, gene-splicing scientist who's just gotten his hands on a Xenomorph skull – and the universe's deadliest DNA!
• Written by Eisner Award–winning, New York Times best-selling Chew creator John Layman!

EJA

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Apr 13, 2016, 03:09:14 AM
Quote from: happypred on Apr 13, 2016, 02:54:39 AM
Why does it matter?

Because a friend of mine who runs the Yautja Encyclopedia and I are categorizing an Alternate Continuity page.

That and I'm curious to where things fit.. My OCD makes me like that. Sue me.

Do you have a link to this site? I'd like to take a look, please.

And what's this about the 2000 AD Dredd and IDW Dredd being separate universes?

RakaiThwei

Quote from: EJA on Jun 13, 2016, 06:16:32 PM

Here you go. Norm's been... experimenting with the layout and personally, I don't like it and have been talking to him to getting it to change it back but it's been met with no success.

http://yautjaencyclope.altervista.org/

The Judge Dredd franchise more or less deals with the concept of a multiverse, and the crossovers with Batman, Alien and Predator are considered canon in the overall Dredd franchises. However, the Dredd character has come across an alternate version of himself more than once I believe. He even killed his Sylvester Stallone counterpart in one comic.

When IDW obtained the licensing rights to the Dredd franchise, it was a whole new take on the Dredd storyline.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judge_Dredd#Alternative_versions

Nostromo

Is there a reason why some trades are coming in as only Hardcovers?

Ultramorph

The solicitation for issue #3:
Spoiler

QuotePredator vs. Judge Dredd vs. Aliens #3 (of 4)

John Layman (W), Chris Mooneyham (A), Michael Atiyeh (C), and Glenn Fabry (Cover/Variant cover)

On sale Sept 28

FC, 32 pages

$3.99

Miniseries

Dr. Reinstöt is hosting a party! AN APOCALYPSE PARTY! He's gotten his hands on some xenomorph DNA: a dream come true for a mad genetic scientist who's already built a clan of animal hybrids. He's also captured a Predator, and even his old acquaintance Judge Dredd has come knocking on his isolated lab's door. Now that his friends are here and ready to go, the only thing left to do is hit the town! They're taking the party to Mega-City One and raising hell!

• Written by Eisner Award–winning, New York Times best-selling Chew creator John Layman!

• A co-publication with IDW and 2000 AD!
[close]

RakaiThwei

Loving that Predator cover though!

Although I am curious if this is going to be part of mainstream Dredd canon or IDW Dredd canon... sadly the writer hasn't gotten back to me about that.

SM

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 13, 2016, 06:35:42 PM

Here you go. Norm's been... experimenting with the layout and personally, I don't like it and have been talking to him to getting it to change it back but it's been met with no success.

http://yautjaencyclope.altervista.org/

The Judge Dredd franchise more or less deals with the concept of a multiverse, and the crossovers with Batman, Alien and Predator are considered canon in the overall Dredd franchises. However, the Dredd character has come across an alternate version of himself more than once I believe. He even killed his Sylvester Stallone counterpart in one comic.

When IDW obtained the licensing rights to the Dredd franchise, it was a whole new take on the Dredd storyline.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judge_Dredd#Alternative_versions

Had a read of the Yautja Encyclopedia.  The (unattributed) copying and pasting of my Timeline website for many of the historical entries has lead me to go back and make some corrections to my own work.  Cheers.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed