Predator vs Judge Dredd vs Aliens (new comic)

Started by Ultramorph, Apr 08, 2016, 07:51:18 PM

Author
Predator vs Judge Dredd vs Aliens (new comic) (Read 40,930 times)

Ultramorph

Just announce at ECC, we have Predator vs Judge Dredd vs Aliens, from writer John Layman and artist Christopher Mooneyham! Looks like this was the big crossover that Randy Stradley hinted at a few months ago.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/judge-dredd-will-fight-aliens-and-predators-in-a-crazy-1769899641

It goes on sale in July.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

This could be something I might be able to look forward to. I sincerely mean that.. And John Layman loves the AVP films? Oh! A man after my own heart!

Hopefully, this comic won't be counting PREDATORS and Prometheus either! I would love a canonical continuation in the Dredd universe for Alien and Predator! Please, please, please be good!

This... made a smile on my face!

Edit: I just noticed that IDW (my current favorite publisher) is part of this collaboration... I know that IDW is currently doing Dredd but... I thought that the IDW Dredd was it's own separate universe from the main Dredd. Reading this on Wiki... the IDW Dredd is not part of the main Dredd continuity.

So is this... IDW Dredd or Main Dredd for this crossover? Hopefully Layman answers my questions to him on Twitter.

happypred

Ohhhhhhhhh shit ... Mooneyham? Yeahhhhhhhhh

RakaiThwei

My only question is... is this a direct continuation after the previous two AVP crossovers with Dredd, which are part of Dredd canon, or... is this an entirely separate universe from the AD 2000 Dredd Universe, and set in the IDW Dredd universe-- and is it part of that continuity?

See, reason I'm asking is because IDW has licensed franchise titles... and they're implied to be sharing the same universe. X-Files, TMNT, Transformers, the Crow-- yeah... according to IDW's X-Files Confidential run-- these titles all set in the same universe. And also IDW treats some of their intercompany crossovers as canon such as Transformers/New Avengers-- that's canon in Transformers. TMNT/Ghostbusters, is actually canon in both TMNT and Ghostbusters as well.

IDW has a really... interesting way of treating their crossovers. It wouldn't surprise me if this is somehow canon in IDW Dredd continuity but it wouldn't surprise me if it isn't canon either.

Point is.. I'm wondering if it's a continuation of the first two crossovers, or.. it's an entirely separate thing since IDW is part of this collaboration?

Whiskeybrewer

This has quite an intriguing story. Looks like its going to be nuts and i love that artwork

happypred

This is a really cool idea:

QuoteWe open the book with a crashlanded predator, and instead of being the hunter, as usual, the predator is the prey. He's crashlanded in a jungle overgrowth in the middle of the Cursed Earth, where he is pursued by an Island of Dr. Moreau group of man-animal hybrids, creations of a crazed genetic engineer. And this crazed scientist recovers not just the predator, but some of the predator's hunting trophies—including a Xenomorph skull, and the Xenomorph's DNA contained therein. You can probably see where this is headed, but add to it Dredd chasing the robot leader of an apocalypse death cult, and everybody on a collision course. Then shit gets nuts!

DUB1

I only read one issue of JD vs Predator. It was decent. I have the full JD/Aliens mini-series, and it was one of the better crossovers, as the Aliens weren't predictably cannon fodder.

Nonetheless, I never trust Dark Horse to do either creatures justice, particularly the Alien. And I would have preferred something fresher pitting either or both creatures against one or many characters/monsters we haven't seen them fight before. How in the hell is it that we still haven't seen either creatures take on the Thing, or crossed over with the Resident Evil series? Or Jurassic Park?

They should stay clear of Alien and/or Predator vs Jason Voorhees and/or Leatherface, though. MKX's done just fine with these four. The Alien blood's lack of acidic properties wasn't badly crippling. I can only shudder imagining DH handling Alien vs Leatherface.

Darkness

Darkness

The Thing vs Xenomorphs would be interesting. Has the Thing being involved in any crossover comics for anything?

I'm looking forward to this one. I like Judge Dredd and the whole story there. Still haven't gotten around to reading the Judge Dredd crossovers.

RakaiThwei

So far Layman hasn't answered my questions over on Twitter.

Whether or not this connects to the previous two crossovers since IDW is now involved and has their own Dredd continuity, is entirely up in the air.

All in all, I'm looking forward to seeing this one... provided certain expectations of mine are met!

LordCassusSnow

happypred

Quote from: DUB1 on Apr 09, 2016, 02:17:25 PM
I only read one issue of JD vs Predator. It was decent. I have the full JD/Aliens mini-series, and it was one of the better crossovers, as the Aliens weren't predictably cannon fodder.

I have the opposite opinion

JD vs. Aliens was OK

I thought JD vs. Predator was really good, especially for a cross over

The action was good, the link to Dutch was a bit coincidental but rather clever, and the pacing was good as well. Very solid comic in my opinion...grabbed me more than JD vs. Aliens.

I finished both series...so not just basing my opinion on a partial reading.

AvJDvP looks like it'll be really interesting

Corporal Hicks

The last issue of Judge Dredd vs Alien was the first Aliens comic I ever read. I found it at a news agent at a local indoor market. I think I actually got it the same day I got the Aliens Earth Hive/Nightmare Asylum omnibus from a stall at the same indoor market.

That said, I'll pass on this one. I'm not a massive fan of the multi-license properties - aside from AvP, of course. That just works for me.

426Buddy

I'll probably pass as well, i have quite a few crossovers and I'm just always been more interested in the alien and predator focused stories. Except batman vs predator, that series is classic.

happypred

I like some cross overs ... and I don't like others

Archie vs. Predator? Pass
Vampirella vs. Aliens? No thanks(but better than Archie)

Aliens vs. Judge Dredd vs. Predator...art by Chris Mooneyham? Count me in

I think this is definitely worth a look

HuDaFuK

Rather confusingly named to be almost identical to the Predator vs. Judge Dredd vs. Aliens trade paperback collection from a couple of years ago.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed