Will Fox attempt to create an Alien/Predator cinematic universe?

Started by That Yellow Alien, Mar 30, 2016, 04:46:51 PM

Author
Will Fox attempt to create an Alien/Predator cinematic universe? (Read 9,286 times)

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 01, 2016, 10:43:58 PM
The fact of the matter is this; the Predator is just a drag on the Alien. There's only room for one sexy ultimate killing machine monster in this universe.

Hence why they must fight.  :laugh:

whiterabbit

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Apr 02, 2016, 12:17:45 AM
The fact of the matter is this; the Predator is just a drag on the Alien. There's only room for one sexy ultimate killing machine monster in this universe.

On direct to home DVD.  :laugh:

The Alien Predator

Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 02, 2016, 02:08:53 AM

"There's room for only ONE monster in this town, you ugly son of a bitch!"

Chocolate cookie if you get the reference.  :)

whiterabbit

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Apr 02, 2016, 06:38:17 AM

Never had a chance for that cookie.  :-\

Although to be serious but for a moment, avp probably is a dvd series. It works for DC. An animated aliens vs predator series could be successful.

SiL

Batman vs Superman also just worked for DC theatrically, so ...

The Alien Predator

Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 02, 2016, 08:21:21 AM
Quote from: The Alien Predator on Apr 02, 2016, 06:38:17 AM

Never had a chance for that cookie.  :-\

Although to be serious but for a moment, avp probably is a dvd series. It works for DC. An animated aliens vs predator series could be successful.

It's a quote that the Scarface Predator says in Concrete Jungle.  :P

As for AvP being straight to DVD, I think it'd be cool if they did some animated straight to DVD releases such as the ones DC does. It can be gory like Dead Space was.

whiterabbit

Yea, I don't understand why animated direct to dvd avp movies have never been made. It couldn't be that much of a risk now could it?

Corporal Hicks

I've been saying that since AvP Extinction and those cut scenes!

SiL

Because they're still film productions. They cost money (and if the best you're asking for is Dead Space quality I'd just as soon have nothing).

DC had animated series for a long time before they had their animated films. They knew there was an audience, and some of the earlier films were just compilations of several episodes strung together. Fox doesn't have that guarantee that there's a market in the AvP space for this kind of stuff so for them it's just as much a risk as a live action film.

genocyber

Well if you haven't noticed, the AVP movie were a cinematic shared universe. A failed one, but one nonetheless.

TheBATMAN

Quote from: SiL on Apr 01, 2016, 10:32:53 PM
He's doing the next three Alien movies and is executive producer of the Alien films. He's not involved in the upcoming Predator film.

If Fox decides they want to do AvP again they're not going to give much of a shit about Scott's input unless he says he wants to participate.

It's obvious Fox will not do AVP again when Scott has committed to making three more Alien pictures, that's kind of the point.

SiL

They might not do them while he's working on them, sure. After that, who knows.

THE CITY HUNTER

Just hope it will be a good AVP.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Apr 02, 2016, 11:12:16 AM
Because they're still film productions. They cost money. Fox doesn't have that guarantee that there's a market in the AvP space for this kind of stuff so for them it's just as much a risk as a live action film.

Of course. How much in comparison though? In general. Unless they're trying to do something incredibly stupid like The Spirit Within, I would have thought they'd be substanially cheaper.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 03, 2016, 02:50:35 PM
Quote from: SiL on Apr 02, 2016, 11:12:16 AM
Because they're still film productions. They cost money. Fox doesn't have that guarantee that there's a market in the AvP space for this kind of stuff so for them it's just as much a risk as a live action film.

Of course. How much in comparison though? In general. Unless they're trying to do something incredibly stupid like The Spirit Within, I would have thought they'd be substanially cheaper.
They are much lower risk than a full blown movie unless it is your money I suppose but most important of all, how will they know if they don't at least try? Ok, since I'm not a comic book guy, how well does AVP comics do? Do stand alone alien comics etc do well?

Plus isn't most animated direct to home movies less than 5 million? Yea sure, 5m is 5m but I think they could make a decent AVP movie for less than that. Maybe 3 million. Isn't it worth a try?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed