Will Fox attempt to create an Alien/Predator cinematic universe?

Started by That Yellow Alien, Mar 30, 2016, 04:46:51 PM

Author
Will Fox attempt to create an Alien/Predator cinematic universe? (Read 9,241 times)

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

With both the Alien and Predator franchises being essentially rejuvenated and supposedly being given proper treatment by Fox (finally), do you guys think Fox will attempt to connect the franchises again in build up to another AVP? With cinematic universes being all the rage now, it doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility. And do you guys think this would be a good or a bad thing? I'm open to another AVP if its actually done right this time.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Will they? Probably.

Should they? Most definitely not.

The Alien Predator

I hope so, it'd be interesting to see.

Corporal Hicks

Assuming it's handled properly, then I'd love it.

426Buddy

At this point it seems the Alien franchise is headed in its own direction with Prometheus and Covenant. I don't think they are planning to create a shared universe film wise and I kinda like it that way. I would much prefer 3 separate film franchises (Predator, Alien, and AvP).

Now the EU I think Fox is definitely setting up a shared universe that connects all three series and I like it that way IMO.

proto leech

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Mar 30, 2016, 04:46:51 PM
supposedly being given proper treatment by Fox (finally)

Eh, lets hold off till we see what covenant/the predator are made of.

If they do plan on making some big integrated A/P universe they're gonna have to start with a reboot/apology AVP movie first and spend some real money to get actual talent on it

whiterabbit

Alright that settles it; AVP's a straight to DVD series.

Corporal Hicks

Give me a CG film from Blur that goes straight to DVD and I'll be quite happy.

TheBATMAN

It's a grand idea but I don't think either franchise has the financial clout to sustain it. Plus I cannot see Ridley Scott agreeing to such an idea.

SiL

Scott has no say in it.

Corporal Hicks

He's serving as the executive producer on Alien 3.2 as well as his own prequels. I feel like they're putting in him a guiding hand position. If they did try to do any sure of cinematic universe within the next few years, I think he'd be the one overseeing it all.

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Apr 01, 2016, 10:06:11 AM
It's a grand idea but I don't think either franchise has the financial clout to sustain it. Plus I cannot see Ridley Scott agreeing to such an idea.

Well, Scott also said he was done with Alien and that there was nothing else left to be done with it, yet he quickly changed his tune, coincidentally after the lukewarm/ negative response to Prometheus. Now we're getting a sequel with the word Alien in the title and Scott assuring us that Aliens will be in it. Point is Scott has changed his mind numerous times, so him overseeing an Alien/Predator cinematic universe isn't out of the question.

TheBATMAN

Quote from: SiL on Apr 01, 2016, 10:40:58 AM
Scott has no say in it.

On the contrary, Scott has plenty of say considering he's doing the next three. He essentially has the creative keys to the franchise for the next decade and I don't for a second believe he will let predators anywhere near it. Best you can hope for is a shared universe with The Predator, but I don't believe there will be anymore film crossovers and story tie-ins. That will be comic and books only.

At one time I'm sure Fox may have pushed the issue, but given the cinematic failure of the avp concept, I'd bet they are just glad Scott is still here at all to try and fix Alien. Given that he too hates the AVP idea and basically retconned it out of existence, the idea of an AVP cinematic universe is slim to none right now.

SiL

He's doing the next three Alien movies and is executive producer of the Alien films. He's not involved in the upcoming Predator film.

If Fox decides they want to do AvP again they're not going to give much of a shit about Scott's input unless he says he wants to participate.

whiterabbit

The fact of the matter is this; the Predator is just a drag on the Alien. There's only room for one sexy ultimate killing machine monster in this universe.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed