"Who is God?" - Ridley Scott talking Covenant

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 18, 2016, 02:29:31 PM

Author
"Who is God?" - Ridley Scott talking Covenant (Read 2,763 times)

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: windebieste on Mar 21, 2016, 09:16:01 AM
Oh,  nice.  Nice indeed. 

Scott did say that the planet at the beginning of the film could be anywhere other than Earth.  Your postulations have it being the Engineers Home World.  I don't think there's any argument present at the beginning of the movie - or elsewhere - to argue against this being possible.  The World being depicted at the beginning of the movie could just as easily be Paradise itself and we are witnessing the creation of the Engineers themselves, and not us!

Wow... what a headspin.   :o

I've only seen the movie twice, and it's been a long time since.  Gonna have to watch it again; and soon, too, methinks - with this idea in mind. 

-Windebieste.

I think Ridley said, that the planet in the beginning of PROMETHEUS "...doesnt necessarily HAVE TO BE Earth.'
Personally, I took that statement to mean, that the ritual we see the Robed-Gods performing, at the beginning of PROMETHEUS, is just an example of them seeding life on another planet, and that we can maybe assume this is how it was done on Earth, but it is also just a practice and part of their culture, so it could be some other planet as well as what happened on Earth. The important thing being that we understand that this is something they do to create life... wherever?

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Well if the Engineers were created by god maybe they have the same problem that David has, no soul. Who does horrible things, who creates monsters? Soulless individuals, that's who.

Weyland claimed that David couldn't appreciate all the gifts bestowed him because he lacks the one thing he'll never have, a soul. So God created beings without souls who then went on and created man with the intention of man having a soul. After so many failed attempts a race of beings were finally created that have a soul. This, in Gods discretion, made man perfect. The engineers of course hated that idea. That of God wants our women.

Yea the planet at the beginning of Prometheus can be planet anywhere in space. The scene was just there to show how they go around the universe spreading the seeds of life.

Mustangjeff

Quote from: whiterabbit on Mar 21, 2016, 11:31:16 PM
Well if the Engineers were created by god maybe they have the same problem that David has, no soul. Who does horrible things, who creates monsters? Soulless individuals, that's who.

Weyland claimed that David couldn't appreciate all the gifts bestowed him because he lacks the one thing he'll never have, a soul. So God created beings without souls who then went on and created man with the intention of man having a soul. After so many failed attempts a race of beings were finally created that have a soul. This, in Gods discretion, made man perfect. The engineers of course hated that idea. That of God wants our women.

Yea the planet at the beginning of Prometheus can be planet anywhere in space. The scene was just there to show how they go around the universe spreading the seeds of life.

Maybe life in the galaxy is equivalent to Russian matryoshka dolls.

Each movie we'll open new level :)

windebieste

windebieste

Except each doll should be tearing it's way through the larger doll's chest to get out.

-Windebieste.

whiterabbit

My God is this what enlightenment feels like... when translated via Russian nesting dolls?

Mustangjeff

Hey, it can't be any worse than the first film.

Man drinks goo..  Goo infects sperm... Modified sperm impregnates barren female..  Female births slug..  Slug grows into trilobyte..  Trilobyte infects Engineer..  Engineer births deacon...  More to come...

Corporal Hicks

I really didn't like the long winded and convoluted nature of the Prometheus creatures (*shakes fist at Lindelof*). I do hope that whatever route they go down with Covenant they don't try and be smart again.

Infected

Quote from: Mustangjeff on Mar 22, 2016, 01:56:40 PM
Hey, it can't be any worse than the first film.

Man drinks goo..  Goo infects sperm... Modified sperm impregnates barren female..  Female births slug..  Slug grows into trilobyte..  Trilobyte infects Engineer..  Engineer births deacon...  More to come...
woman inherits the earth....

I know cheap shot :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed