2016 Alien Anthology card set

Started by Machiko Naguchi, Mar 16, 2016, 03:31:34 AM

Author
2016 Alien Anthology card set (Read 38,852 times)

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 24, 2016, 08:50:45 AM
Did it?

I honestly don't recall seeing those. I swear I missed so much in that game because I was just too terrified to do any sightseeing :laugh:
I completely understand. I took it so slow the first time because I wanted to fully immerse myself in the game. They really nailed everything in terms of keeping it in the ALIEN universe. And the posters and other propaganda felt right at home, despite the profoundly different style.
Quote from: windebieste on Mar 24, 2016, 11:26:37 AM
'ALIEN: Isolation' deserves its own set of trading cards.

-Windebieste.
Really does. Perhaps they'll do just that if this sells well. So everybody in this thread needs to buy some! Lol

elemental-of-all

I plan on getting at least 1 box. But the lack of advertising baffles me. I bet 95% of the people that WOULD be interested in this dont know it exists. Which kinda sucks.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: elemental-of-all on Mar 26, 2016, 02:39:10 PM

I plan on getting at least 1 box. But the lack of advertising baffles me. I bet 95% of the people that WOULD be interested in this dont know it exists. Which kinda sucks.
Gotta spread the word lol

elemental-of-all

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Mar 26, 2016, 04:34:41 PM

This thread alone should sell a few boxs so that's good.

If anyone ends up getting one before I do, would you mind uploading some pics? Or even do an unboxing?

Hopefully I'll have a box mid April.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: elemental-of-all on Mar 27, 2016, 03:56:48 PM
Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Mar 26, 2016, 04:34:41 PM

This thread alone should sell a few boxs so that's good.

If anyone ends up getting one before I do, would you mind uploading some pics? Or even do an unboxing?

Hopefully I'll have a box mid April.
I will absolutely do an unboxing video on my YouTube channel. Here's one of my newer videos and it's completely relevant! Would love if you guys would subscribe to me!

Now I think I do want to get a box at least...

elemental-of-all

Very nice collection. It's like an advanced version of mine. Same thing, me and my old lady's spare bedroom decked out with alien and pred figs. Except she's the predator nut. I'm the demo addict. Tough fighting over shelf space :P

My audio was crap so I wasent able to hear. But with your Palisades how are the collector numbers? Low? I always wondered how important that was to collectors.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Upper Deck have said we should get some more info on the set next week.

https://twitter.com/GTSDistribution/status/714906870205530113

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Mar 25, 2016, 10:09:40 PM
Quote from: windebieste on Mar 24, 2016, 11:26:37 AM
'ALIEN: Isolation' deserves its own set of trading cards.

-Windebieste.
Really does.

So Winde is a man who likes to get stuff done!

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=54195.0

QuoteWith the recent announcement of #AlienDay426, I got the approval to show these #artist #sketchcards I did for #UpperDeck celebrating the 40th anniversary! #Alien #Aliens #facehugger #xenomorph #alienanthology

elemental-of-all

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 30, 2016, 09:45:40 PM

QuoteWith the recent announcement of #AlienDay426, I got the approval to show these #artist #sketchcards I did for #UpperDeck celebrating the 40th anniversary! #Alien #Aliens #facehugger #xenomorph #alienanthology

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDlyVPshOwl/

Sick!

So it looks like they take a few artists and give them a a handful of blank cards, and they draw up the same drawing a bunch of times and number them.

So for example those 3 above there may be 10-20 of each of them?

That's how it seemed to work when I looked into the firefly ones. Unless these are 1:1. But that seems unlikely.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I think those are the sketch cards. According to the releases they're, "Another premium option, one-of-one Sketch cards offer original interpretations for notable characters and moments in Alien history."

Another one.

Some other artists are posting theirs up too -

https://twitter.com/MelikeAcar/status/706589100883775488

Also saw this: https://www.instagram.com/p/BAvEyZ5LnfC/

Not sure why she's signing though. Are they doing artist signed cards?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 31, 2016, 07:44:30 AMNot sure why she's signing though. Are they doing artist signed cards?

Didn't the blurb mention it would be artists as well as actors?

FiorinaFury161

I am starting to think the sketch cards will be higher chased than the autos. Either way, looks like I will be getting a box! Aside from no "high end" pulls, I will donate cards to those on here that need/want them for their collection. You pay shipping costs of course ;D

elemental-of-all

Wow. All 1:1. Love unique stuff like that.

No way to collect the whole set though.

Machiko Naguchi

So the announcement said something about this set being released on Alien Day so I wonder why the previous sites had the end of March listed. You would have thought that Alien Day would have been the best time to do it all along.

Perfect-Organism

Does the trading card industry have a special "new release day" anyone?  I mean, comics come out on Wednesdays in America, music is released on Tuesdays I think...

PRJ_since1990

Friday for Magic the Gathering sets. I would guess Friday unless it's slated for April 26.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed