2016 Alien Anthology card set

Started by Machiko Naguchi, Mar 16, 2016, 03:31:34 AM

Author
2016 Alien Anthology card set (Read 39,487 times)

The Comic Collector J

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 29, 2016, 06:42:26 PM
Congratulations on the dual autograph! That's a nice pull! Did you manage a full base set from 2 boxes?

Thanks and yes, I got a full base set out of the two boxes with a lot of duplicates.

A little info on the packs for anyone interested, the Dog Tag packs don't give you a full five cards, only two. You get the Dog Tag and one insert, I was trying to pick out which ones had Dog Tags and which didn't but Upper Deck did a great job at making them weigh the same and making them look like full 5 card packs. They are expensive boxes, I don't live in the U.S.A so shipping them and the import charges killed me but they are well worth it for the autographs and sketch cards.

Also, the Upper Deck online store no longer has them in stock so if you are eyeing them online at a decent price get them while you can.

Overall I love these cards, they are made for the Alien fan. Some of the cards have opinions on the back of them from the artists, which is always a fun read, if you have the cards you will know what I mean. Last thing is that these cards pay very close attention to detail, the base set and inserts both reference the special edition and theatrical version from all movies, so you will find both the dog and the ox cards from Alien 3 for example.

FiorinaFury161

I finally got to see what was in the last box at my local hobby shop (someone else busted the box)

Spoiler
A common auto and spunk dog tag
[close]

There is officially one box left at the other hobby shop... may have to bust that sometime soon.

Also, still no sign of the Dance/Dutton dual auto :( Where the heck are they?!?!

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Happy Alien Day!

This is my first box ever of this product and decided to bust a few packs when I woke up. In the second pack, this gorgeous sketch card was in it. Definitely one of the highly desirable ones, get ready to have a field day Corp Hicks...

Spoiler

[close]

Wonder what goodies remain in the box? If none, I'm quite happy with this card! Results later!

Corporal Hicks

We swap, yes?

Seriously though, very nice!! I've not really pursued my collection of this set. Really wasn't happy with the distribution of it.

Whiskeybrewer

You jammy git Fury

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

^I have no idea what that means, but thank you I guess? :P

I knew you would like that card Hicks! I did some digging and found Charles Hall's deviantart page, along with a much better picture of the exact card I pulled:

His other sketch cards were really good as well! It appears he did only 9 or 10, all of which were really sick. I will post a direct link below if y'all are interested to check em out. As far as the remainder of the box, I got a Ron Perlman dog tag, Frank Elgyn and Jonathan Gediman profiles, Legendary Encounters #3,6, and 9, WY propaganda posters #3 and 7. The base cards are cool too, the Alien3 cards are def becoming pc'ed (personal collection).
After seeing so many sub par and hate to say it, downright laughable sketch cards, I am so happy I pulled one of the extremely rare artists! The box was the last one in my "local" shop for a long time, very glad I decided to get it! Happy Alien Day!

https://charles-hall.deviantart.com/art/alien-anthology-oil-sketch-card-5-601969943

Corporal Hicks

He's got some cool artwork on there! Thanks for sharing. I'll start buying more of the chase cards at some point.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Nice art on that Hicks sketch card. 8)   5 STARS!  * * * * *

I bought a complete base set when it came out. After realizing home many sub sets,chase cards I stopped. I recently bought a complete set of the dog tags at a local comic show. I wish Ripley would have been included. The vendor told me Sigourney wouldn't agree to it. Lambert was one of them so I was very happy bout that. ;D

I have been looking at the signature cards on ebay. Thinking this might be a good way to get authentic autographs.

I like card series you get art or pictures from the films..behind scenes...puzzles..info. I think the first ALIEN Series the back of the cards assemble to form a jigsaw puzzle.

You've got me thinking of putting the base cards of this set in sleeves and a binder. Another project!  :laugh:

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Oh yeah, pics do not do justice on that card. I imagine I could get an easy $300+ for it if I wanted to sell it. His nicer Star Trek sketch cards are asking 200+, and he did well over 50 for those products. Rest assured it's not going anywhere.

I would suggest getting a binder and good sleeves (I'm sure there are some at your local card shops) or a card storage box.
While I'm here, I did a comparison while watching Aliens yesterday:

"It's the only way to be sure." ;)

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Apr 28, 2018, 01:35:56 AM
Oh yeah, pics do not do justice on that card. I imagine I could get an easy $300+ for it if I wanted to sell it. His nicer Star Trek sketch cards are asking 200+, and he did well over 50 for those products. Rest assured it's not going anywhere.

I would suggest getting a binder and good sleeves (I'm sure there are some at your local card shops) or a card storage box.
While I'm here, I did a comparison while watching Aliens yesterday:

"It's the only way to be sure." ;)

Nice

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Apr 28, 2018, 01:35:56 AMOh yeah, pics do not do justice on that card. I imagine I could get an easy $300+ for it if I wanted to sell it.

I'll give you £5.

£5 bid.

FiorinaFury161

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

I was just looking at the card set of the "Space Marine Dog Tag" series.  8)

Brett,Lambert,Parker & Dallas are classified as Weyland-Yutani employees USCSS Nostromo.

Dillon is Fury 161, Gediman USN Auriga

Christie,Johner & Varies  Independent Betty

Dietrich,Hicks, & Drake are Colonial Marine USS Sulaco. Both Burke & Bishop are Weyland-Yutani USS Sulaco

Rebecca "Newt" Jorden is LV - 426 XS? I would have thought an abbreviation or initial for Colonists? Dependant? Civilian?  Anyone have an idea or know what XS stands for?

All of them have their blood types on the tag except Bishop. ;)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Extrasolar? As in outside the solar system?

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

If it was one of the marines.  Might be a "rate" or job description "corpsman"? A colonist ???

XS in clothing is Extra Small.  :D  She is that compared to the Squad.

I sometimes get service numbers written in very old Blue Jacket Manuals. I'll have to look the next time I come across one and see if it matches the sequence/format on the dog tags. I thought the service number is your social security number? Prior to this?

I don't recall the year but I know our government changed the name of the "War Department" to the "Department of Defense". I sometimes get publications under the original title. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed