Arnold in Talks!

Started by RakaiThwei, Mar 07, 2016, 01:34:13 AM

Author
Arnold in Talks! (Read 34,832 times)

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

http://www.thearnoldfans.com/news/2016/3/6/exclusive-arnold-to-discuss-the-predator-with-director-shane.html

Take this with a grain of salt guys... We know that last time that Robert Rodriguez wanted to get Arnold in the last Predator movie.

Predator_Spirit

Predator_Spirit

I think it's very important to get Arnold in Predator 3, of course, not like in the silly alternate ending where he comes out a spaceship leading a pack of predators ...(See the Predators script.)

Would be cool for him to be the co star.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

I don't know if I want Arnold back. I mean the man is pushing 70.. And he really looks aged. Sure, he looked fine in Terminator Genisys but... I don't know if I want him back. Maybe as a mentor role... MAYBE but... for him to take on the Predator? No.

Predator_Spirit

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 07, 2016, 01:53:16 AM
I don't know if I want Arnold back. I mean the man is pushing 70.. And he really looks aged. Sure, he looked fine in Terminator Genisys but... I don't know if I want him back. Maybe as a mentor role... MAYBE but... for him to take on the Predator? No.

He  looks ace for the job, a 70 years old Arnie will always be more credible than a skinny pianist.

bobcunk

bobcunk

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Mar 07, 2016, 01:50:37 AM
I think it's very important to get Arnold in Predator 3, of course, not like in the silly alternate ending where he comes out a spaceship leading a pack of predators ...(See the Predators script.)

Isn't this predator 4?

Predator_Spirit

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: bobcunk on Mar 07, 2016, 03:01:57 AM

Isn't this predator 4?

After Predator 2 there is Predator 3.Predators is just a bad dream.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Isn't this predator 4?

If you want to count the AVPs for completion's sake... this would be Predator 6.

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

His role needn't be bigger than either a cameo or as a small plot point role. I mean if he is involved in the story, then it should be minimally or if in a more substantial role. Then he doesn't really have the kind of show down with the Predator he did in '87. I'd rather he not steal the spotlight from the new main character.

All in all, I do think Arnie should return before he dies or gets any older. Again, only in a small cameo or part.

Master

Master

I don't think it can work well. I don't think its needed. I was all for Arnold's cameo in early 2000 but now I feel time for such things has ended.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

I would be all for it, the character has become a cult over the years and i always wanted to know what happened to Dutch after all this years, that would really be awesome.

Master

Master

If it must be done then bring back both Dutch and Harrigan. Could be good as long as they aren't killing shit.

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

Quote from: Master on Mar 07, 2016, 07:46:01 AM
If it must be done then bring back both Dutch and Harrigan. Could be good as long as they aren't killing shit.

Agreed. I don't want to see a senior citizen fighting a Predator. That would be...just a sad sight. Namely for the Predator.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Isn't this predator 4?

It is Predator 4. The AvPs are a separate series but this is the 4th in the Predator series.  :)

Whilst I think Arnie is more than capable of going in with some degree of a combat role (I mean, seriously, look at the guy! He looks amazing for his age!) I'd quite happily see him in some sort of advisory role. Or perhaps some sort of commander figure.

Thanks for the news Rakai. It's a shame I was asleep at the time (damn timezones!).

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

For somebody that liked T:G are you guys sure you want Arnold in this? I mean I sure as heck want to see him in it. However the way I look at it is this, there's no bullshit time travel in the Predator Universe (that we know about) so both P1 and P2 should be safe. :P

However this is 70 year old human being Arnold and not cyborg Arnold. So direct combat just isn't going to happen. Well hopefully he isn't cyberentic in this... the same thing goes for Danny Glover. I wouldn't mind seeing him either. However I'd have to think that perhaps Arnold want a little payback for his squad of ultimate bad asses. Plus as da choppa was leaving he had that look of why, what, how, etc. I think he has a desire to get some answers.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

QuoteFor somebody that liked T:G are you guys sure you want Arnold in this?

I liked T:G, personally, and even the haters of this movie will agree that Arnold was the best thing about it, and he really was, i enjoyed it very much because of Arnold, he's great in it.

I see it this way: Arnold isn't necessary for The Predator, agreed on that, but if he's in it, that would be an extra bonus for me and from all the Sequels it would actually be something new, because we haven't seen the character for over 30 years.

Either way, win win for me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed