AVPR Wolf Predator On Set - studioADI Video

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 05, 2016, 11:19:27 PM

Author
AVPR Wolf Predator On Set - studioADI Video (Read 3,690 times)

Corporal Hicks

QuoteSome rare, never-before-seen moments of Ian Whyte as the "Wolf" predator on the AVPR set (including his first finished reveal of the character to the film's directors, Greg and Colin Strause).

Wolf sure did look fantastic and Ian Whyte is wonderful! And the Strause sound so excited about that first reveal.

CthulhuQueen

That 3 minutes or so is better than all of AVPR put together! I do hope they use Whyte for the new film.

426Buddy

He was great as wolf, gotta be hard work in that suit. He made KPH proud with that performance.

Crossing my fingers he gets to be apart of The Predator.

Valaquen

Great design, great suit, great performance up there with KPH. Predators sorely missed him. I hope he's in the new movie.

happypred

Can't blame the suit design people and Ian Whyte for the poor job done by the writer.

Suit looks excelleng. Ian's motion was spot-on, just as fluid and intimidating as KPH's

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

Quote from: happypred on Mar 06, 2016, 02:31:20 AM
Can't blame the suit design people and Ian Whyte for the poor job done by the writer.

Suit looks excelleng. Ian's motion was spot-on, just as fluid and intimidating as KPH's

That and the damned lighting. Or lack thereof. But I agree, Ian is probably the best living Predator suit actor since KPH.

As an aside, I think if someone gave Jaime Hall some training in miming and some tai chi and/or dance. He could also be as good, albeit, shorter than both his uncle and Ian.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: JungleHunter87 on Mar 06, 2016, 09:52:42 PM
That and the damned lighting. Or lack thereof. But I agree, Ian is probably the best living Predator suit actor since KPH.

It wasn't actually lighting. It was colour grading done in post.

QuoteAs an aside, I think if someone gave Jaime Hall some training in miming and some tai chi and/or dance. He could also be as good, albeit, shorter than both his uncle and Ian.

Didn't he play the Predator in that episode of Super Hero Beatdown?

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 07, 2016, 08:38:01 AM
Quote from: JungleHunter87 on Mar 06, 2016, 09:52:42 PM

It wasn't actually lighting. It was colour grading done in post.

QuoteAs an aside, I think if someone gave Jaime Hall some training in miming and some tai chi and/or dance. He could also be as good, albeit, shorter than both his uncle and Ian.

Didn't he play the Predator in that episode of Super Hero Beatdown?

Ah, I see. Well poor color grading then. It sucks because you miss allot of the detail in the Wolf costume.

Also, yes Jaime Hall played in the Super Power Beatdown episode: Wolverine vs. Predator. He did a good job, but like Ian in AvP1. I think he needs a little more time in the suit.

Here is a video of Jaime Hall getting the suit he used in that episode. He shows up at 2:20.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D8iVZZCwViY

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: JungleHunter87 on Mar 07, 2016, 09:32:56 AM
Ah, I see. Well poor color grading then. It sucks because you miss allot of the detail in the Wolf costume.

Indeed.  :(

QuoteAlso, yes Jaime Hall played in the Super Power Beatdown episode: Wolverine vs. Predator. He did a good job, but like Ian in AvP1. I think he needs a little more time in the suit.

Here is a video of Jaime Hall getting the suit he used in that episode. He shows up at 2:20.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D8iVZZCwViY

Thanks for that! I think they used the same suit for that 360 degrees Predator vs Colonial Marines video too.

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

QuoteThanks for that! I think they used the same suit for that 360 degrees Predator vs Colonial Marines video too.

No problem, I enjoyed seeing him meet with Matt Winston, the original Jungle Hunter/Anytime costume team and of course, Danny Glover. As for it being the same suit? I'd imagine so, it looks like it anyway.

happypred

I would even say the Strause bros get a bit more hate than they deserve

They were clearly passionate about the project and preferred not to set the movie in small town USA

ADI did a great job with Wolf
Ian Whyte did a great job with Wolf
The bros tried to give us a good film within the rules set by Fox

I think what really went wrong was that Anderson had made a shitty AvP1...and Fox was hesitant to make a big investment with AvP2. Thus the terrible budget-saving decision to set the film in a hick town.

As far as I know, the bros wanted to make a film set in space.

Corporal Hicks

I do think they got shafted quite a lot with the film.

Valaquen

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 07, 2016, 11:58:56 AM
I do think they got shafted quite a lot with the film.

Looking at their other movie, I don't think they had the skillsets required to be directors anyway.

Corporal Hicks

I can't disagree with that statement at all.

happypred

Not trying to spin that AvP-R is a good movie...it's not. It's a bad movie with one good element: Wolf Predator.

That said, it would really hard for any director to do the Aliens. vs. Predator concept justice with the rules imposed by Fox. The choice to have the film set in a modern day hick town was absolutely fatal

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed