Review: PC Balance Patch

Started by AcidGlow, Mar 03, 2016, 09:59:18 PM

Author
Review: PC Balance Patch (Read 2,765 times)

AcidGlow

AcidGlow

So I've played this game on 360 for 5 years and only now have I had a chance to try the PC version online. Here's a review I did along with my thoughts about the changes the last balance patch got and what console players never got to experience.

Roxianakil

Roxianakil

AcidGlow senpai! o((*^▽^*))o Thanks to you, I got excited about AVP3 and started to play it on PS3....sadly the multiplayer was dead there.... :( At least I got some mixed species DM in the lobby but not much.... I'm now on Steam AND I FEEL ALIVE! O(≧▽≦)O
Anyway about the update, I feel a bit bummed about nerfing the Alien tail....Alien doesn't have any guns or blades, they don't even use acid in any creative way, it's a melee fighter and I just think they should be something you don't want to get close to you. Well it would take ALL DAY to talk about what issues AVP3 has, but my little opinion is that since Aliens are melee fighters, they should be masters of melee fighting.  :-\
Anyway, love your AVP videos in YouTube! ^^

Oh yeah, Alien wall tail attack does not have damage boost, still takes 2 hits and one slap to take Predator down and 2 hits for Marine.  :-\ Also, does Marine players use some mod that makes stages bright? Because hiding in the shadows as Alien doesn't seem to work, even when I'm on the other side of the room/hallway somehow they still see me. STORY TIME: I learned from one youtube video which explained couple of things about Aliens that was not told in the game itself. I learned that when the cursor (or whatever) has one spike it means you can't jump on that wall, platform or whatever, but when there's 3 spikes it means you can. Then I learned that when the cursor is bright yellow it means you are on the lighted area but when it's balck you are in the shadows and marines will have some trouble seeing you (as long as you don't move ofc). So one day I was playing AVP on my PS3, I was figting this one marine. But I have to leave quickly because he got some company, one or two more marines so I decided to run and hide, FAST. I also decided to test the black cursor trick by quickly going to dark area and stay still.....the marines was still pursuing me and they had general idea where I went. So there was 2-3 marines to look around, but one of them looked directly at me, was pointing it's pulse rifle at the area where I was hiding....but he did not see me and walked away and I survived (barely).
But it seems this does not work on PC.....  :(

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

Quote from: Roxianakil on Apr 30, 2016, 01:31:57 PM
AcidGlow senpai! o((*^▽^*))o Thanks to you, I got excited about AVP3 and started to play it on PS3....sadly the multiplayer was dead there.... :( At least I got some mixed species DM in the lobby but not much.... I'm now on Steam AND I FEEL ALIVE! O(≧▽≦)O
Anyway about the update, I feel a bit bummed about nerfing the Alien tail....Alien doesn't have any guns or blades, they don't even use acid in any creative way, it's a melee fighter and I just think they should be something you don't want to get close to you. Well it would take ALL DAY to talk about what issues AVP3 has, but my little opinion is that since Aliens are melee fighters, they should be masters of melee fighting.  :-\
Anyway, love your AVP videos in YouTube! ^^

Oh yeah, Alien wall tail attack does not have damage boost, still takes 2 hits and one slap to take Predator down and 2 hits for Marine.  :-\ Also, does Marine players use some mod that makes stages bright? Because hiding in the shadows as Alien doesn't seem to work, even when I'm on the other side of the room/hallway somehow they still see me. STORY TIME: I learned from one youtube video which explained couple of things about Aliens that was not told in the game itself. I learned that when the cursor (or whatever) has one spike it means you can't jump on that wall, platform or whatever, but when there's 3 spikes it means you can. Then I learned that when the cursor is bright yellow it means you are on the lighted area but when it's balck you are in the shadows and marines will have some trouble seeing you (as long as you don't move ofc). So one day I was playing AVP on my PS3, I was figting this one marine. But I have to leave quickly because he got some company, one or two more marines so I decided to run and hide, FAST. I also decided to test the black cursor trick by quickly going to dark area and stay still.....the marines was still pursuing me and they had general idea where I went. So there was 2-3 marines to look around, but one of them looked directly at me, was pointing it's pulse rifle at the area where I was hiding....but he did not see me and walked away and I survived (barely).
But it seems this does not work on PC.....  :(

When the marines looked at you and walked away, was this in single player or multiplayer?

By the way, I'm [:TMSA:] jenetic_pari from Steam. I believe we've played together before!  :D

Roxianakil

Roxianakil

Multiplayer ofc. O_o I know people who play as marines quickly turn their brightness to the fullest on console versions (and most likely on PC too) but....It's pretty ridicilous when they see me from across the room or even across THE MAP when I'm not even moving and I'm standing on a dark spot and then start shooting me with their pulse rifles. I understand if they have smartgun or scoped rifle but pulse rifle...? (`_´)ゞ
oh, sadly I don't remember your username but I'm happy if you remembered me. :D I always play as Alien, they have special place in my heart. :)

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

Quote from: Roxianakil on May 09, 2016, 01:44:15 PM
Multiplayer ofc. O_o I know people who play as marines quickly turn their brightness to the fullest on console versions (and most likely on PC too) but....It's pretty ridicilous when they see me from across the room or even across THE MAP when I'm not even moving and I'm standing on a dark spot and then start shooting me with their pulse rifles. I understand if they have smartgun or scoped rifle but pulse rifle...? (`_´)ゞ
oh, sadly I don't remember your username but I'm happy if you remembered me. :D I always play as Alien, they have special place in my heart. :)

Some marines use mods that change the textures for Aliens and make them glow in the dark. It's like cheating.

We have run into each other online quite a lot.

Roxianakil

Roxianakil

Ah, I thought so....Well, when it's PC you can expect those kind of things more than in console versions. Although I remember on PS3 one predator that could run as fast as Alien and do stealth kills from the front. I had some serious PC problems yesterday so I couldn't play much, my computer crashed everytime I attacked, but I fixed the problem. ^^ oh, before my computer crashed, I think I saw some people with that [:TMSA:] before their names....maybe you were there. O_o

Also, I do have suspicion of one marine player using that cheat you just mentioned but I better not mention names here. Also I ran into some sort of hacker/cheater, he did 2 things, 1) he managed to get stealth kills from the front, 2) in the jungle map, he was inside of a tree, throwing discs at other players. I tried hitting him with tail hoping that I might hit him but no luck, he killed me. That cheat isn't isolated case, that was like 3rd time I saw some Predator inside of that same tree.  >:( He was from russia, can't type his name even if I wanted to. ^^;

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed