The Predator to be Released February 9, 2018

Started by Darkness, Feb 28, 2016, 09:00:14 AM

Author
The Predator to be Released February 9, 2018 (Read 45,842 times)

whiterabbit

I feel kind of bad for the predator. I mean to lose out to a freaking prehistoric and extinct shark. I kind of thought the Predator would be up to the challenge. Could have thrown in a homage of a Predator hunting a Megalodon on ancient Earth for the next movie.

Xenomorphine

'Meg' has a huge hype train behind it - it's been famously held up for years. Plus, there really hasn't been a serious attempt at a film dealing with megalodon. Contrast that against another 'Predator' film and casual audiences would at least be split, if not have a preference for the novelty of the giant shark film.

Plus, there's the 'date film' angle... Guys have a better chance convincing someone to go to a generic monster flick than one which famously revolves around skinning and ripping skulls out of people. :)

'Deadpool' was more subversive and had the comedy angle going for it - it had wider appeal. You have to play release dates carefully when it comes to something with the type of subject material 'Predator' films do.

szkoki

MEG?!

Im intrested in that one!

XENOMORPHOSIS

XENOMORPHOSIS

Well at least they've not brought the release so soon that they're rushing the production schedule. 6 months after Alien Covenant we'll be treated to a Predator flick. Wonder if Neill' Blomkamp's Alien project will going in production in 2018 for a release in 2019 to coincide with the 40th Anniversary of Alien.

As DeadPool would put it "These Timelines are so confusing ." Fox's Marvel liscenced properties art their top priority seeing as super hero films are the hot genre and they have to make a film based off the license or else the rights revert back to Marvel.

Speaking of which there was a rumor that Fox were contemplating reviving the Alien vs Predator movies and subsequent Alien Predator films as an expanded cinematic universe not unlike Marvel's avengers.

Tempting as that sound it dos pose as problematic at guaranteeing the film will always live up to audience expectations, not to confuse the integrity of either brands. We probably won't see that any time soon. If such an approach led to guaranteed quality films I'd be in full support, but that's not reality.

New Guy Here

New Guy Here

@ XENOMORPHOSIS

Just wanna say that I think we'll hear more about Neill's Alien movie by next year.

Think about Fox is handling their X-Men movies: They're multiple timelines, numerous continuities and retcons.

FiorinaFury161

I originally thought this page was about Predator facing Meg from Family Guy for some obscure reason ;D

whiterabbit

Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 28, 2016, 12:28:38 PM
'Meg' has a huge hype train behind it - it's been famously held up for years. Plus, there really hasn't been a serious attempt at a film dealing with megalodon. Contrast that against another 'Predator' film and casual audiences would at least be split, if not have a preference for the novelty of the giant shark film.

Plus, there's the 'date film' angle... Guys have a better chance convincing someone to go to a generic monster flick than one which famously revolves around skinning and ripping skulls out of people. :)

'Deadpool' was more subversive and had the comedy angle going for it - it had wider appeal. You have to play release dates carefully when it comes to something with the type of subject material 'Predator' films do.
A serious giant shark movie... the shallows is opening next month. It looks like an honest try. I still feel bad for the now 2nd rate predator though.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: whiterabbit on May 28, 2016, 12:01:54 PMI feel kind of bad for the predator. I mean to lose out to a freaking prehistoric and extinct shark.

It's not about losing, it's about Meg cutting into it's audience. The same kind of people who will see The Predator are more likely to also be interested in Meg, so there'll be conflict. The people going to see Fifty Shades won't give a damn about The Predator, so they won't be losing any tickets to another movie.

overthere

overthere

February 9? When did this change? Wasn't it March 8th?

whiterabbit

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 29, 2016, 09:26:33 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on May 28, 2016, 12:01:54 PMI feel kind of bad for the predator. I mean to lose out to a freaking prehistoric and extinct shark.

It's not about losing, it's about Meg cutting into it's audience. The same kind of people who will see The Predator are more likely to also be interested in Meg, so there'll be conflict. The people going to see Fifty Shades won't give a damn about The Predator, so they won't be losing any tickets to another movie.
So it's about losing butts in the seats..... yep, the predator has gone Yellow. No, no, I totally understand what you mean but it is what it is. Fifty Shades was extremely successful in the US South. So there's that.

HuDaFuK

It's not losing, it's tipping the battle in your favour :)

whiterabbit

Ah, that's right. The predators not interested in a fair fight. It just wants to kill at his own convenience. ;)

PRJ_since1990

Well this fan isn't going to be conflicted as to which movie to see. Once they get a trailer out, the hype train will leave the station. I wish they wouldn't make moves like this, basically double booking with another big sequel. As much as they want it to be, The Predator isn't going to be the "Avengers for Fox" and pull in a billion dollars. I believe it will do well but not as good as they want. Time will tell though.

HuDaFuK

I highly doubt they're expecting it to make a billion dollars.

If they expected that much from it, they wouldn't care that it was releasing alongside Meg.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on May 28, 2016, 11:44:18 PM
Speaking of which there was a rumor that Fox were contemplating reviving the Alien vs Predator movies and subsequent Alien Predator films as an expanded cinematic universe not unlike Marvel's avengers.

Do you have a link to that?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed