The Predator to be Released February 9, 2018

Started by Darkness, Feb 28, 2016, 09:00:14 AM

Author
The Predator to be Released February 9, 2018 (Read 45,864 times)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Feb 29, 2016, 12:24:39 PMIs it wrong that i'm sadly more excited for this than Covenant?

I've been saying a for a while that I'm far more excited for this new Predator movie than I am either of the two Alien films that are in the works. I just have more faith in what Black will do.

Master

Master

I so badly hope this one is good. In that case we could get another sequel sooner then after decade. When Predators was made I was at the beginning of my studies. Now I graduated and have child of my own. I wonder how many more I'll see before I'm old and gray.

Admiral

Admiral

I am loooving this news...been a long time coming
Met Ian Whyte recently...He's a Great Guy...REALLY really hoping he'll be put back into ''The Predator'' Suit, He's by far the absolute BEST guy for the Role!! He knows the movements and has studied the character and traits indepth!
Please bring him back...:)

Foxtrot94

March 2018? Daaaaayum that's far away. But seems reasonable enough.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Master on Feb 29, 2016, 09:03:36 AM
It was similar in 2009 when Alien Prequel (Protetheus) and Predators were comming. We all know how it turned out, so i suggest not to get super hyped yet. You might burn yourself in the end  :-\

I'm cautious about this already. I'm not getting my hopes up... For me this will be the determining film whether I want to stay or go.

I really want this movie to be something I agree with, because so far.. everything else I find not so agreeable.

craige

craige

im just awaiting the casting news , no Schwarzenegger im not watching this in theatre's , im not saying make him the star but something more interesting then a cameo , or at the very least some involvement from the survivor's from predators, which I doubt will get anything I mentioned because they waited this long to release a sequel hoping this time around they can get more money from the box office to kick start a new trilogy, on a side note I hope its in 3d, had predators been released in 3d the film would of been bigger at that time and we would of got a sequel to the film a couple years after its release .

Master

Quote from: craige on Mar 01, 2016, 10:11:00 AM
im just awaiting the casting news , no Schwarzenegger im not watching this in theatre's , im not saying make him the star but something more interesting then a cameo , or at the very least some involvement from the survivor's from predators, which I doubt will get anything I mentioned because they waited this long to release a sequel hoping this time around they can get more money from the box office to kick start a new trilogy, on a side note I hope its in 3d, had predators been released in 3d the film would of been bigger at that time and we would of got a sequel to the film a couple years after its release .

God. Talking about bad ideas...

Johnny Handsome

I can wait, but i was really hoping for a 2017 release... i just want a good movie, i (mostly) enjoyed everything we got so far with the 3 Predator movies, but i would just love to have something which is smart, suspenseful and original again, something which is not just enjoyable but really great.

After Predators i said the series is done, there doesn't have to be another movie, because it just felt repetitive after the last one, but with Black they really got the right guy for this.

So yes, the people saying "don't get your hopes up" are kind of understandable, but if we can't be excited about a guy who wrote stuff like Lethal Weapon writing and directing a Predator movie then what's left? This time, we have all the right reasons to look forward to a new movie.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Mar 01, 2016, 10:58:49 AMSo yes, the people saying "don't get your hopes up" are kind of understandable, but if we can't be excited about a guy who wrote stuff like Lethal Weapon writing and directing a Predator movie then what's left?

I thought Dekker was doing the script? Black only did the concept or initial treatment or whatever.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Mar 01, 2016, 10:58:49 AM
After Predators i said the series is done, there doesn't have to be another movie, because it just felt repetitive after the last one, but with Black they really got the right guy for this.

It really doesn't have to be. The Predator concept is just so flexible! They need to take a risk and do something different with it.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 01, 2016, 11:10:39 AM
Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Mar 01, 2016, 10:58:49 AMSo yes, the people saying "don't get your hopes up" are kind of understandable, but if we can't be excited about a guy who wrote stuff like Lethal Weapon writing and directing a Predator movie then what's left?

I thought Dekker was doing the script? Black only did the concept or initial treatment or whatever.
Technically yes, Dekker wrote the script, but with a treatment by Black and he also oversaw the whole process = If he didn't like something, it will get changed as he has total control.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 01, 2016, 11:16:37 AM
Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Mar 01, 2016, 10:58:49 AM

It really doesn't have to be. The Predator concept is just so flexible! They need to take a risk and do something different with it.
It really is and i really hope they do something different with it this time around, i really loved what Black did with the Mandarin in Iron Man 3, not saying i want this for The Predator obviously, but i liked the twist, you didn't see this coming and i would just love to be surprised again, that's what was missing from the last one, i just don't want "more of the same" this time around.

And leave the nostalgia out, we get it, the first one is great, don't remind us, go on and do it yourself. If i see another beanpole covered in mud yelling "Kill me, I'm here!" i'm gonna hang myself.

Corporal Hicks

Whilst I'm not that committed to my outrage, I agree with the sentiment.  :P I do hate constant callbacks and whilst I don't think they're as prominent in Predators are people make out, in general I hate them. I don't want to see any repeat dialogue or situations in this one.

Mike

Mike

Some people over emphasize Predators 2010 way too much. It had homages/ Easter eggs to the first movie which is very cool in a sequel to do. It didn't have that much to the point it was the same thing over again. Yes it did have one scene that was identical like the waterfall scene which I really like because it was so cool the way it was done with the Spyder cam. That's the scene were I think the fear really sinks into the characters and the viewers themselves. It was just done so awesome seeing the Falcon POV "Eye in the sky". These characters are safe no where. Predators will always have a special place in my heart I don't care what ANYONE thinks of it. Predators 2010 is truly badass and a classic. One badass film till the end. Predators only has a few nods to the 1st film with the exception of one copied scene but does so much good in this one. Works extremely well. And we finally got to see a Human Sword Vs Predator Blade fight which was done extremely well and very authentic to how it's done in the real world. ( I know because I read about it). I love Predators 2010 :D

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Mike on Mar 01, 2016, 04:18:01 PM
Some people over emphasize Predators 2010 way too much. It had homages/ Easter eggs to the first movie which is very cool in a sequel to do. It didn't have that much to the point it was the same thing over again. Yes it did have one scene that was identical like the waterfall scene which I really like because it was so cool the way it was done with the Spyder cam. That's the scene were I think the fear really sinks into the characters and the viewers themselves. It was just done so awesome seeing the Falcon POV "Eye in the sky". These characters are safe no where. Predators will always have a special place in my heart I don't care what ANYONE thinks of it. Predators 2010 is truly badass and a classic. One badass film till the end. Predators only has a few nods to the 1st film with the exception of one copied scene but does so much good in this one. Works extremely well. And we finally got to see a Human Sword Vs Predator Blade fight which was done extremely well and very authentic to how it's done in the real world. ( I know because I read about it). I love Predators 2010 :D
For me the sword battle scene could have been done better.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Mike on Mar 01, 2016, 04:18:01 PM
Some people over emphasize Predators 2010 way too much. It had homages/ Easter eggs to the first movie.

No, Predator 2 had easter eggs/homages to the first movie, Predators on the other hand ripped off whole scenarios from the first movie.

Royce setting up traps covered in mud yelling "kill me, I'm here"
Lawrence fishburne wispering "over here" followed by Royce saying "what the f**k are you", both from the first movie
Nikolai carrying a minigun and generally looking like a Blaine rip-off
the whole goupe firing all at the same time into the jungle (the shot is even framed the same way)
a character (mombasa) that can sense the Predator in the trees followed by "what is it?"
a character left behind to fight the Predator with a sword (even same score for the scene)
the characters hiding in the jungle hearing something (again using the same score, making the scene that could actually be suspenseful feel like a cheap knock-off)
waterfall scene
royce skewering a cockroach and looking at it (instead of a scorpion)

There is even more, and some of the things i like (like the eye-flash from the Predator) but in the movie it feels just like this stuff is way too overused, yes, the movie gave us a couple of new things, like the dogs, which i like, but they are in it for five minutes, we only ever get a glimpse of the falcon and that's basically it. New clan of better Predators? Bigger and more evil? Well, 3 of them couldn't take out a bunch of criminals where in the first movie one "normal" one took out a whole team of experienced soldiers... ohh the logic...

To each his own, but for me, this is by far the weakest of the 3 movies.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed