ALIEN: COVENANT - August 4, 2017

Started by Stolen, Feb 28, 2016, 08:16:18 AM

Author
ALIEN: COVENANT - August 4, 2017 (Read 21,375 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Infected on Feb 29, 2016, 11:13:11 AM
Am i the only one who is afraid that Ridley will die before this movie is done?
With all respect offcourse.
But i think he will retire after this, thats why he held Blomkamp down for the other Alien movie,
because someone has to move this franchise on when the captain is gone or not able anymore.

Last interview I watched with him he wasn't exactly about to keel over just yet. Clint Eastwood is still doing movies at 85.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 29, 2016, 11:55:33 AM
He's made his fair share of naff movies.

The problem with those films was usually the script (often due to his meddling). I don't think I've seen a badly directed Ridley Scott film yet.

Enoch

Enoch

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 29, 2016, 12:39:15 PM

The problem with those films was usually the script (often due to his meddling). I don't think I've seen a badly directed Ridley Scott film yet.

You are totally right!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 29, 2016, 12:39:15 PMThe problem with those films was usually the script (often due to his meddling). I don't think I've seen a badly directed Ridley Scott film yet.

Granted. I was just pointing out that just because Ridley's behind the wheel, that doesn't mean this is guaranteed to be a great movie.

Enoch

Enoch

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 29, 2016, 12:46:37 PM
I was just pointing out that just because Ridley's behind the wheel, that doesn't mean this is guaranteed to be a great movie.

Of course... But consider this, writing proces for Alien Covenant and other two films began right after Prometheus and lasted for almost 4 years (and this is credible information!). Three writers very familiar with Alien and SF worked on this project. First is Peglan who is a newcomer, and then Green which career began to shine (he wrote Blade Runner, Wolverine 3, remake of Murder on the Orient Express; all those facts suggest that the studio is satisfied by his work), and then came John Logan whose task was to rewrite the screenplay, and that means his work on Alien was to fix all logical and narrative inconsequence and character development, and some tiny story elements... So all this story about screenwriters reassured me to be VERY optimistic about Alien covenant. :D ;D

P.S. John Logan is avid reader of Paradise Lost!!! Green and Peglan are also very familiar
with Miltons epic and some biblical and mythological stories about creation and fall of men...

I also heard that some philosophical elements of
Matrix movies could be integrated in Covenant plot...(Peglan first draft maybe introduced this idea)

Note thate there are three writers and three movies (Covenant  + two more), so the scripts for all of them could be completed... Maybe Fox greenlit all three? If thats the case, Ridley could shoot them very fast! (Last of them could be in theaters somwhere in 2018/9). Maybe they are going to Shoot Covenant + one more... After all shootig will last for 16 weeks, and thats enough for two movies!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Enoch on Feb 29, 2016, 01:13:02 PMOf course... But consider this, writing proces for Alien Covenant and other two films began right after Prometheus and lasted for almost 4 years (and this is credible information!). Three writers very familiar with Alien and SF worked on this project.

But that's likewise no guarantee whatsoever of ultimate quality. Alien 3 was being written for 5 years, by 10 different writers. What they eventually filmed was hardly the most bulletproof of scripts.

And anyway, we have no idea if they're still working from the same script they started writing all those years ago, they could've thrown everything out and started over in that time.

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Enoch on Feb 29, 2016, 01:13:02 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 29, 2016, 12:46:37 PM
I was just pointing out that just because Ridley's behind the wheel, that doesn't mean this is guaranteed to be a great movie.

Of course... But consider this, writing proces for Alien Covenant and other two films began right after Prometheus and lasted for almost 4 years (and this is credible information!). Three writers very familiar with Alien and SF worked on this project. First is Peglan who is a newcomer, and then Green which career began to shine (he wrote Blade Runner, Wolverine 3, remake of Murder on the Orient Express; all those facts suggest that the studio is satisfied by his work), and then came John Logan whose task was to rewrite the screenplay, and that means his work on Alien was to fix all logical and narrative inconsequence and character development, and some tiny story elements... So all this story about screenwriters reassured me to be VERY optimistic about Alien covenant. :D ;D

P.S. John Logan is avid reader of Paradise Lost!!! Green and Peglan are also very familiar
with Miltons epic and some biblical and mythological stories about creation and fall of men...

I also heard that some philosophical elements of
Matrix movies could be integrated in Covenant plot...(Peglan first draft maybe introduced this idea)

Note thate there are three writers and three movies (Covenant  + two more), so the scripts for all of them could be completed... Maybe Fox greenlit all three? If thats the case, Ridley could shoot them very fast! (Last of them could be in theaters somwhere in 2018/9). Maybe they are going to Shoot Covenant + one more... After all shootig will last for 16 weeks, and thats enough for two movies!
You're that Big Dave dude right?

Enoch

Enoch

No. :D ;D Why?
Big Dave is a member on Scified since 2012.
I became member few months ago...

My nick is Enoch... ::) Thats obvious at least... :laugh:

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 29, 2016, 01:41:44 PM
Quote from: Enoch on Feb 29, 2016, 01:13:02 PMOf course... But consider this, writing proces for Alien Covenant
But that's likewise no guarantee whatsoever of ultimate quality. Alien 3 was being written for 5 years, by 10 different writers. What they eventually filmed was hardly the most bulletproof of scripts.

I agree with you, Alien 3 also wrote 3 writers (togheter) not 10 as you said, but never mind, you are never the less right...
But the fact that they brought someone credible like John Logan to fix logical and narrative inconsequences and some plot elements is
very reassuring fact... I would be optimistic and we shall wait and see :laugh:

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Enoch on Feb 29, 2016, 01:54:51 PM
No. :D ;D Why?
Big Dave is a member on Scified since 2012.
I became member few months ago...

My nick is Enoch... ::) Thats obvious at least... :laugh:
Just something about your writing rhythms. For instance how do you know John Logan is an "avid reader" of Paradise Lost?

Enoch

Enoch

Quote from: tmjhur on Feb 29, 2016, 01:59:34 PM
Just something about your writing rhythms. For instance how do you know John Logan is an "avid reader" of Paradise Lost?

Thats maybe because I am not a native English speaker... dont know about Dave?
But he seem to me like someone who really know a lot about Alien universe; thats just my opinion and I am
not a great expert...

Concerning my statemant about Logan and Paradise lost: I know that because I watched his interview about
Penny Dreadful in which he said that he likes to read Shakespeare and English poets
like Milton and his Paradise lost.He also like to read William Wordsworth... ;D So thats te story about that...
Oh and yes, Michael Green wrote series called Kings based on bible story about king David...

EDIT: You can see IP address, mine and Dave's are totally different.
I m from Serbia... :)

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Enoch on Feb 29, 2016, 02:06:00 PM
Quote from: tmjhur on Feb 29, 2016, 01:59:34 PM
Concerning my statemant about Logan and Paradise lost: I know that because I watched his interview about
Penny Dreadful in which he said that he likes to read Shakespeare and English poets
like Milton and his Paradise lost.He also like to read William Wordsworth... ;D So thats te story about that...
Oh and yes, Michael Green wrote series called Kings based on bible story about king David...
`
Cool! Thanks for the info!

Jarac

Jarac

I just hope it is better written. Still surprised they gave it the "Alien" title.

Randomizer

Guess they wanted to hit closer to home.

ryan

ryan

releasing against pitch perfect is a bad idea , this film wont get much female audience , yes pitch perfect is a junk movie its crap but it'll catch the attention of women more so then alien.

Gazz

Gazz

They don't need it to open top of the weekend. They just need it to open well, like Prometheus did (it came second to Madagascar 3 but with $55m). Hopefully Covenant will have better legs though.

Infected

Infected

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 29, 2016, 12:39:15 PM
Quote from: Infected on Feb 29, 2016, 11:13:11 AM
Am i the only one who is afraid that Ridley will die before this movie is done?
With all respect offcourse.
But i think he will retire after this, thats why he held Blomkamp down for the other Alien movie,
because someone has to move this franchise on when the captain is gone or not able anymore.

Last interview I watched with him he wasn't exactly about to keel over just yet. Clint Eastwood is still doing movies at 85.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 29, 2016, 11:55:33 AM
He's made his fair share of naff movies.

Yeah but 78 is fragile, he can wake up one morning with his face hanging to the side,
or get heart problems.
Anyway lets hope he will grow old and healthy, i mean older :D
And the release in 2017 is a long time ahead of us, they will probably shoot more then one movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed