ALIEN: COVENANT - August 4, 2017

Started by Stolen, Feb 28, 2016, 08:16:18 AM

Author
ALIEN: COVENANT - August 4, 2017 (Read 21,169 times)

Stolen

Stolen

QuoteFox will now release ALIEN: COVENANT on August 4, 2017.

OMG ! Great move.

Source : Twitter of Boxoffice.com and new report by Fox.

Corporal Hicks

Hey Stolen, do you have a link to the report by Fox?

Enoch

Enoch

I found this article http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2016/02/fox-sets-release-dates-for-two-new-marvel-movies-and-predator-sequel-moves-gambit-and-alien-covenant.html

But it would be nice if someone find official Fox statement...
I will try... ;D

THE CITY HUNTER

Week before my birthday.

Corporal Hicks

Interesting that they've already pulled it forward. I wonder why? Hopefully confidence and things going according to plan.

szkoki

szkoki

im a bit curious and afraid that David is the main antagonist in the movie. i trust Fassbander but i dont in the screenwriters and the director

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: DarknessWith casting pretty much complete, Alien Covenant is due to start principal photography in the middle of March in Sydney, Australia.

Has the shooting date also been moved forward now?

Because it was previously mid-March then later moved back to April.

Darkness

Darkness

Ah, April then. I assumed it was still March time.

Corporal Hicks

They threw out March/April quite often. I don't think a solid date has been mentioned yet.

Enoch

Enoch

Shooting could start in mid March or beginning of April...
right after Fassbender finish his shooting of Snowman!

I even think that they already shoot some scenes in UK and in New Zealand or New South Wales...
maybe some intro aerial shots with chopper or something without main cast...?

Ridley always referred to April (March) shooting as main shooting with main actors in Australia's Fox Studio
and in locations of NSW, but all the shooting that doesn't require main cast could very well be completed.

On LINKEDIN site I myself found a bunch of crew that isn't credited on IMDB, and the newest add is
Nick Ramsay who was In-House Runner at Ridley Scott Associates/Scott Free Films.

This is what I found on his profile:

It says Art Department Assistant/Runner to Production Designer Chris Seagers during UK prep for "Alien: Covenant
So they had some preparations in UK from September 2015 till October 2015?? What do you think?

LINK TO LINKEDIN PROFILE: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nickramsayfilm?authType=name&authToken=8aEX&trk=prof-sb-browse_map-name

Others crew members on Covenat that I found on LinkedIn are:

James Farrington – Pre-vis Artist, Shot Creator; Argon
Jason McDonald – Visual Effects; Argon Effects
Andrew Chan - Assistant Art Director
Mary Barltrop – Location Manager (from October 2015; for Australia)
Genevieve Blewitt – Soft Furnishing Lead
Belinda Cusmano – Set Designer (Chris Seagers is her Chief)
Francesca Sabeto – Prop maker
Sara Joyce – Props maker
Stuart Brown – Creature & Vehicle modelling, Shot creation and Compositing; Argon
Gloria Bava – Tailor in Fox Studios, Australia
Maria Salcher - Costume Coordinator
Warren Harrington – Second Assistant Accountant
Rebecca Vujanovic - VFX Coordinator
Roger Gillespie - Head Plasterer
Tim Giessauf - Production Runner (SFX Production Assistant)
Damien Drew - Art Director
Chris Seagers - Production Designer
Mark Campbell - Design Manager
Peter Owens - Construction Foreman
Christopher Leech - Fabricator / Effects Technician

Dan Walker - Concept Artist (worked on Martian and Star Wars ep 7)
Wayne Haag - Concept Artis

There is even more...

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 28, 2016, 02:44:11 PM
They threw out March/April quite often. I don't think a solid date has been mentioned yet.

Yeah, Ridley Scott originally said mid-March but about a month later Janty Yates said it's now April.

XENOMORPHOSIS

OK, WE'RE GETTING THE FILM SOONER THAN WE THOUGHT, ABOUT 18 MONTHS

LordCassusSnow

Is this movie sounding like Halo 4 to anyone? Big colony ship being downed(I presume) and finding themselves on an alien world inhabited by a guy whose a sole survivor of a crashed ship(shaw and cortana have short hair as well) and bunch of alien nasties trying to kill them all? Also the fact that there are Prometheans later discovered? Thoughts?

CainsSon

CainsSon

This is likely because of Episode 8. Disney wants Star Wars to own the Christmas season and an October release for this will tread close to SW and possibly interfere with whatever, other, Thanksgiving releases that are planned for that year.

A Summer release for this is best.

Randomizer

Quote from: LordCassusSnow on Feb 28, 2016, 04:19:48 PM
Is this movie sounding like Halo 4 to anyone? Big colony ship being downed(I presume) and finding themselves on an alien world inhabited by a guy whose a sole survivor of a crashed ship(shaw and cortana have short hair as well) and bunch of alien nasties trying to kill them all? Also the fact that there are Prometheans later discovered? Thoughts?

May I directly reveal my thoughts by linking to this post?

https://www.reddit.com/r/LV426/comments/47bz4v/after_learning_that_the_name_of_the_new_film_is/

Extremely happy they're releasing it sooner. 7 August marks my birthday.  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed