‘Alien: Covenant’ Adds Aussie Actor Alex England

Started by Enoch, Feb 26, 2016, 05:35:12 PM

Author
‘Alien: Covenant’ Adds Aussie Actor Alex England (Read 5,691 times)

Enoch

Enoch

EXCLUSIVE: A late addition to the cast of Ridley Scott's Alien: Covenant. Australian actor Alex England has landed a role in the ensemble that Fox begins shooting next month. He joins Michael Fassbender, Katherine Waterston, Demian Bichir, Billy Crudup, Danny McBride, Jussie Smollett, Amy Seimetz, Carmen Ejogo and Callie Hernandez. England, who is onscreen in Gods of Egypt, is repped by UTA, Management 360 and United Management in Australia.

DEADLINE ARTICLE!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Was wondering when Riddles was going to start adding Aussies to his show. The tax incentive/rebate deal probably stipulated that he needed to hire a reasonably significant amount of Australian labor and talent.

T Dog

It would be cool if he cast a great Australian actor like Guy Pear............oh wait!

windebieste

I'm totally lapping up this sudden influx of News we are getting regarding the cast for the new movie. 

Moar News, plz.  Can't get enough of this!

-Windebieste.

whiterabbit

Be nice if the mods would just create one casting thread for Alien:Covenant. Too many to follow at the moment. :P

DarkXeno

Oi! Their all aussies!

Primordial

So 10 actors in 'Covenant', 11 with Noomi, it is already more than 'Alien'. I hope we are almost done with the casting : we want character development, don't we ?

As for Rapace, it would be relieving that her brief appearence is due to Shaw already heading to the homeworld of those who created Engineers.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: tmjhur on Feb 26, 2016, 08:38:43 PM
It would be cool if he cast a great Australian actor like Guy Pear............oh wait!

They can cast him again as a different character. No-one would even notice.  :laugh:

Quote from: Primordial on Feb 27, 2016, 05:54:06 AM
So 10 actors in 'Covenant', 11 with Noomi, it is already more than 'Alien'. I hope we are almost done with the casting : we want character development, don't we ?

I hope the cast list doesn't get too crowded. In Alien it was always shocking when someone got picked off. With the overcrowded Prometheus you couldn't really care less. Most people (and likely the film editor as well) didn't even notice when people who were supposed to be dead accidentally reappeared later in the film all hale and healthy.

Xenomorphine

Damn it! I thought this read 'Robert Englund'. So disappointed...

Alien, who else

Alien, who else

Mhm and Paul D. Robinson will be joining him shortly

Ropley

Since this actor is by himself I'm guessing he is not cannon fodder to be killed who knows he might be our first male protaganist in an alien movie which would be an surprise given how tied the franchise is to female protagonists.

T Dog

Quote from: Ropley on Mar 06, 2016, 11:50:56 AM
Since this actor is by himself I'm guessing he is not cannon fodder to be killed who knows he might be our first male protaganist in an alien movie which would be an surprise given how tied the franchise is to female protagonists.
The funny thing about Prometheus is that in the end the male lead/survivor turned out to be the Android!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed